or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › THE Official LG "55LHX" Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE Official LG "55LHX" Owners Thread - Page 92

post #2731 of 3040
Only reason I went with QVC was because I didn't have the full amount for Newegg. I got a good set though so I'm happy. QVC does take a while to ship, but you may get a better set through them.
post #2732 of 3040
So I have had this TV for over a year and for what I paid I am happy, but I have issues with the dark blotches coming up from the bootom. I never noticed until recently. I also have the truemotion issue. Can somone link me to the post on how to fix this? What is the warantee on these? How do the confirm you buy data and ownership?
Thanks
post #2733 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by undecided View Post

Thanks for the advice

QVC is $1996.96 vs Newegg at $1,659.99 - so you think it worth the difference to go with QVC?

(How long does QVC take to ship and did you get the 3 / 4 year warranty?)

Will probably buy today.

Well, my LHX came from New Egg, and it ended up needing a replacement panel, from many posts of owners here, the vast majority that ordered from QVC have been winners...
post #2734 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterChad View Post

Well, my LHX came from New Egg, and it ended up needing a replacement panel, from many posts of owners here, the vast majority that ordered from QVC have been winners...

Thanks - has anyone else purchased from Newegg recently? If so were you happy?

$340 is a significant difference.
post #2735 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

I posted many different settings, but my final 2 point settings can be found here.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...postcount=2699

I'm amazed at how this set looks with just a 2 point calibration.

I changed yours a tad the other night. I'll post them 2morrow night when I get home from work. I screwed around with my AMC HD settings last night and they came out unbelievable while watching Walking Dead and Hell on Wheels. I'll post those, too. My settings for bluray and directv are totally different from one another.
post #2736 of 3040
post #2737 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianabol5mg View Post

I changed yours a tad the other night. I'll post them 2morrow night when I get home from work. I screwed around with my AMC HD settings last night and they came out unbelievable while watching Walking Dead and Hell on Wheels. I'll post those, too. My settings for bluray and directv are totally different from one another.

Yeah post them and I'll give them a try. Are you using my white balance settings in the service menu as well?
post #2738 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

Yeah post them and I'll give them a try. Are you using my white balance settings in the service menu as well?

Are you using the Media Box?
post #2739 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by KONICA TECH View Post

Are you using the Media Box?

No, HDMI from my receiver straight to the tv.
post #2740 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

No, HDMI from my receiver straight to the tv.

Just maybe for others, I reinstalled my media box and everything went out of adjustment, tried using the same settings as when I had it direct and it just was not the same, even though I discovered a faulty HDMI cable, I could not get the picture the way it was before the media box. Took the media box out, which may be faulty, and I am now back to my great picture.
Just passing it on in case someone else runs into it.
Now using my AVR timer for sleeping the TV.
post #2741 of 3040
is the 55lv9500 still around?
post #2742 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

Yeah post them and I'll give them a try. Are you using my white balance settings in the service menu as well?

No service remote yet, but I think my white's look white. Almost to the point of blind white.

Settings for Directv AMC HD(original programming not necessarily the movies they show) and SYFY

70 backlight
82 contrast
50 bright
60 H
60 V
54 color
G6 tint
Gamma MED
Gamut WIDE
white bal MED
2 point all 0's

Blu-Ray settings

60 backlight
82 contrast
52 bright
60 H
60 V
55 color
R8 tint
gamma LOW
gamut WIDE
white bal MED
Slickmans 2 point

edit: remember all channel are not created equally, I specifically set my tv to these 2 channels because they are flat out the best for HD. Actually, most NBC owned channels like USA, Discovery, and Animal Planet are great as well.
post #2743 of 3040
My settings are for Warm white balance and Low Gamma, the settings won't look right with medium gamma or white balance. Also the service menu settings affect whites but also blacks as well, the whole grayscale actually. Whatever works for you is good though, if it looks good to you then that's fine.
post #2744 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

My settings are for Warm white balance and Low Gamma, the settings won't look right with medium gamma or white balance. Also the service menu settings affect whites but also blacks as well, the whole grayscale actually. Whatever works for you is good though, if it looks good to you then that's fine.

I had to do a med white, because my image looked too hot. Don't get me wrong, it looked good. But I knew it wasn't suppose to look that way. I always calibrate to Halloween(1978). The movie was color timed with a blue filter. The blue filter was being compromised by the warm white balance, thus I knew my pic was off. Like everyone else though, once I get the service remote, i'll start screwing around again.

And thanks again for your settings........and everyone else who contributes.
post #2745 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianabol5mg View Post

I had to do a med white, because my image looked too hot. Don't get me wrong, it looked good. But I knew it wasn't suppose to look that way. I always calibrate to Halloween(1978). The movie was color timed with a blue filter. The blue filter was being compromised by the warm white balance, thus I knew my pic was off. Like everyone else though, once I get the service remote, i'll start screwing around again.

And thanks again for your settings........and everyone else who contributes.

No problem, glad I could help. I don't plan on changing my settings anytime soon, I've just been enjoying the tv for the past few days.
post #2746 of 3040
Found there's actually 3 different zones making up my panel. The worst one being the Center Zone, and that's were all the previous calibrations were done. Even by the ISF Pro Calibrator. Have now singled out the Left Hand Zone as being the best Zone to calibrate. New Calibration settings posted:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...189064&page=90

#2700

A lot more realism now to the PQ, as well as a virtual removal of all signs of the Green Problem, and only a residual of the Warm White.
Calman coming out with a new Verion 5 in the future, and I've found with each upgrade, I'm getting better results. No more Chroma5 calibrations - they don't jibe with the 55LHX, now only use the i1Pro, and lastest Calman.

Still retaining it's value!

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?EdpNo=5373441
post #2747 of 3040
This tv is too good to have chirping in here for a week. I'm still loving and enjoying mine, and I haven't touched my settings since I changed them last.
post #2748 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

This tv is too good to have chirping in here for a week. I'm still loving and enjoying mine, and I haven't touched my settings since I changed them last.

I have to agree!
post #2749 of 3040
That's what I was thinking. I've been trolling the Sharp Elite thread. I really wish Chad B would do a calibration on one so he can compare it to LHX. I read Katzenjammer's review over at cnet and it just really bugs me that they won't buy a television to review it. I mean review the sucker and then sell it(calibrated). It's a great way to get more reviews out there and more people hit your site. With more hits, comes more advertising. Stupid if you ask me.
post #2750 of 3040
I'm considering buying another one, when I leave my set on all day, it's never warm, I'm going to plug it into a voltage monitor ( called a killo-watt ), to see how many watts it draws on, and turned off, but just the difference between my 4 year old LCD and this is so drastic, makes me think to have one of these in my livingroom upstairs. When these go on fire sale close-out, they will go cheap and someone will get a steal, on a still best out of the bunch of sets ever made. I don't see any new set's planned with a comparable image quality with a matte screen, so what else can we consider?
post #2751 of 3040
hey guys, former owner here. i'm damn close to pulling the trigger again on this one. i'm coming from the Sharp elite side which has great pq, but has left me with some serious bugs that need to be worked out. for now i bought a 55lw5600, which actually isn't to bad considering the stupid edge-lit crap. i just love these ips panels. the 5600 has virtually no dse, and this is the only thing that holds me back for now. i can't believe that newegg/qvc have these around still. slickman what was your mfg date? also what was the procedure that nony posted on if you had a 02/10 build it already had the fw loaded to get rid of the tm bug? i did this with my first set and it worked great.
post #2752 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by airgas1998 View Post

hey guys, former owner here. i'm damn close to pulling the trigger again on this one. i'm coming from the Sharp elite side which has great pq, but has left me with some serious bugs that need to be worked out. for now i bought a 55lw5600, which actually isn't to bad considering the stupid edge-lit crap. i just love these ips panels. the 5600 has virtually no dse, and this is the only thing that holds me back for now. i can't believe that newegg/qvc have these around still. slickman what was your mfg date? also what was the procedure that nony posted on if you had a 02/10 build it already had the fw loaded to get rid of the tm bug? i did this with my first set and it worked great.

I have a February 2010 build, and I downloaded the firmware from here: http://136.166.4.200/SubPages/firmware/firmware.htm

When I plugged the flash drive in my tv with the update on it, the tv automatically asked if I wanted to upgrade the firmware. I hit yes and 2 minutes later it was done.
post #2753 of 3040
PG 14: For those who want an idea about the Various Button functions.

http://sharatronica.com/files/LGTV/32LC2DC_service.pdf
post #2754 of 3040
Newegg has the best price on this but if you need to return it you have to pay return shipping and a 15% restocking fee. Will LG still service this if needed?
post #2755 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianabol5mg View Post

That's what I was thinking. I've been trolling the Sharp Elite thread. I really wish Chad B would do a calibration on one so he can compare it to LHX. I read Katzenjammer's review over at cnet and it just really bugs me that they won't buy a television to review it. I mean review the sucker and then sell it(calibrated). It's a great way to get more reviews out there and more people hit your site. With more hits, comes more advertising. Stupid if you ask me.

The Elite is by far the best LED, although they all have issues. The Elite almost has zero blooming and black levels second to none. Of course you have to spend three times more for it than the LHX. I for one do not think its worth the money when OLED is so close and will clearly blow away everything.
post #2756 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFDStang View Post

Newegg has the best price on this but if you need to return it you have to pay return shipping and a 15% restocking fee. Will LG still service this if needed?

I just checked Newegg, they are out of stock, who knows if they will get more in...

My set was bought 1 year ago 12-24-10 from Newegg, and yes LG was out at my house around 3 times, and they replaced the panel due to DSE, and a new mainboard and panel was replaced, and it looks way better than it was, I even received a cal direct from LG wanting to know if I would extend my current 1 year to 4 years, and it's direct through LG, not second hand, so buying from Newegg has no effect on any warranty consideration.

Getting back to a previous post I made, with anyone considering buying from Newegg: I would buy from QVC, not Newegg, I would have paid 400 to 500 more for a better set, than to have to go through what I did, and I know several that gave up on their sets from Newegg, would feel the same, I believe the most recent people ( 3 ) most recently bought from QVC, and tall 3 of them have been very satisfied.
.
post #2757 of 3040
Damn this TV is really holding it's value. I bought mine from Tigerdirect for $1599 shipped as possibly the last one they had 12/2010. Other than 3 trips from a TV shop to get the software updated (principles) and a mainboard/USB connectiion replacement it has been an AWESOME TV. Was hoping I could find another but can't pay $2k from QVC, it's out of the "second" TV budget.

Any advice on a 47-55" TV for the bedroom?

Thanks in advance
Fej
post #2758 of 3040
I know for 2 bills I need some kind of free financing...
post #2759 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFDStang View Post

I know for 2 bills I need some kind of free financing...

Have you called QVC? I know when I bought my LV9500 from HSN they offered me 12 months free financing.
post #2760 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by videkid View Post

The Elite is by far the best LED, although they all have issues.

I have a problem with this statement. I have blooming from angles, which all LED's do. I also have Black levels second to none. TruMotion is worthless, but i've discovered that the processor on LHX is awesome, especially when paired up with a great bluray player. By far is stating that the Elite is worth the $3000 more. I'm bettin' its not. That's why I want an unbiased opinion of someone who's owned both or calibrated both.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › THE Official LG "55LHX" Owners Thread