or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › THE Official LG "55LHX" Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE Official LG "55LHX" Owners Thread - Page 96

post #2851 of 3040
Chad, you really need to update your rankings so that we know where LHX stands against the Elite and HX929. Please!
post #2852 of 3040
Did anyone notice that the 55LHX seems to have a better quality PQ after Midnight? Wonder if it was after Midnight, your Input Voltage has probably risen 4 or 5 Volts versus Daytime? Hard to go to bed when it looks just so Gorgeous!
Have finally gotten the calibration down to using ChromaPure for the Service Menu White Balance, and Calman for the GreyScale. Get a better results this way, versus using only one or the other calibrating softwares. Why? Who knows.
post #2853 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

Did anyone notice that the 55LHX seems to have a better quality PQ after Midnight? Wonder if it was after Midnight, your Input Voltage has probably risen 4 or 5 Volts versus Daytime? Hard to go to bed when it looks just so Gorgeous!
Have finally gotten the calibration down to using ChromaPure for the Service Menu White Balance, and Calman for the GreyScale. Get a better results this way, versus using only one or the other calibrating softwares. Why? Who knows.

All you have to do is check the Voltage with your Monster Power Center
This must be something to do with Canadian power!
post #2854 of 3040
I'll need help with my white balance soon. I think I was kidding myself, because I am seeing a pinkish hue. I thought before it was just programming. It's not. It's bugging the heck out of me.
post #2855 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianabol5mg View Post

I'll need help with my white balance soon. I think I was kidding myself, because I am seeing a pinkish hue. I thought before it was just programming. It's not. It's bugging the heck out of me.

Do you have the service remote? or are you willing to get one?
post #2856 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by KONICA TECH View Post

Do you have the service remote? or are you willing to get one?

I'm ordering it this week. I'm trying to find the best price.
post #2857 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianabol5mg View Post

I'm ordering it this week. I'm trying to find the best price.

Have you tried differant modes to see if the whites look right or tried switching from 2pt to 10pt.? You could try doing a reset which would bring you back to the factory settings.
Are your settings posted or are you using someone elses settings?
post #2858 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by KONICA TECH View Post

All you have to do is check the Voltage with your Monster Power Center
This must be something to do with Canadian power!

So far Voltages are running 119.5 to 120.9 - Weekend - will update as the day progresses, and if different on WeekDays.

Turned the Volt Reader back off - stays at the above levels. Currently enjoying the DirecTV GreenHD 286 channel (Also at 194 on Dishnet)

Still looks better after Midnight!

No longer listed at QVC!

Latest listing from Tiger Direct - now have the 55LHX again listed: (Plus the new 60LM9700)

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...=Mfr%3BMfr_507

Still staying up there in price - even for used units! (Once LG finally comes out with a newer, but not cheapened model, then preference for this model may start to wane.)

Now for some Blasts from the Past: remember the Original Retain Price of the 55LHX? (Actually, I think it was even higher when it first came out.)

http://gizmodo.com/5356096/lg-55lhx-...s-hdmi-and-thx

http://www.tweaktv.com/tweak-my-tv/lg.html

ChadB's Original Review! http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...189064&page=29 #865
post #2859 of 3040
I'm looking to sell my 55 LHX. It's only 13 months old, and its in great shape. I got the 3 yr warranty extension for it last month (which is fully transferable). I have all the accessories and the original packaging, but not looking to ship it. I'm in Greenville, SC - PM me if interested.
post #2860 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by KONICA TECH View Post

Have you tried differant modes to see if the whites look right or tried switching from 2pt to 10pt.? You could try doing a reset which would bring you back to the factory settings.
Are your settings posted or are you using someone elses settings?

Sorry man, havent seen this thread for a while must have not been paying attention.

I am using my own settings combined with everyone elses. Sort of a happy medium until I get my remote. I will try what you suggested, but really it has been like this since day one. I just thought it was in my mind at first, then I really started looking. Service remote will not arrive this month, maybe next. I am in the process of a buying a new house and I need every penny for home inspection.
post #2861 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by gxn View Post

I'm looking to sell my 55 LHX. It's only 13 months old, and its in great shape. I got the 3 yr warranty extension for it last month (which is fully transferable). I have all the accessories and the original packaging, but not looking to ship it. I'm in Greenville, SC - PM me if interested.

Wow, I just got my new Panasonic 55GT50, or I'd be very interested.
post #2862 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad B View Post

Wow, I just got my new Panasonic 55GT50, or I'd be very interested.

Well if you know anyone who's looking for a new TV, point 'em in my direction. I just moved from a 3br house to a 1br apartment, so the 55" is a bit..disproportional. Thanks, and thanks for your contributions on this site.
post #2863 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad B View Post

Wow, I just got my new Panasonic 55GT50, or I'd be very interested.

Will be interesting on your take of the new Panasonic LED TV - TC-L55WT50 - of course, will stick with my 55LHX for now - it's gorgeous - no sense moving sideways, when 4K is just around the corner with full 1080P per eye for Passive 3D. Then there's the OLEDs coming as well!
post #2864 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianabol5mg View Post

Sorry man, havent seen this thread for a while must have not been paying attention.

I am using my own settings combined with everyone elses. Sort of a happy medium until I get my remote. I will try what you suggested, but really it has been like this since day one. I just thought it was in my mind at first, then I really started looking. Service remote will not arrive this month, maybe next. I am in the process of a buying a new house and I need every penny for home inspection.

I hear you, I am also in the middle of a move back to Boston from Las Vegas. You can try and see if it is on all inputs if you are usingthe MEDIA BOX by switching the source to another unused input. If you bypassed the MB then I recommend trying the reset to default settings but copy the settings you have now so you can go back to them if you want.
Good luck with your new home.....Ed
post #2865 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by KONICA TECH View Post

I hear you, I am also in the middle of a move back to Boston from Las Vegas. You can try and see if it is on all inputs if you are usingthe MEDIA BOX by switching the source to another unused input. If you bypassed the MB then I recommend trying the reset to default settings but copy the settings you have now so you can go back to them if you want.
Good luck with your new home.....Ed

Never thought of that, sweet idea. I'll tell you what though. I've been watching a plethora of movies lately(I work midnights, so I keep my schedule on off days) and I found out my LG BH200 is taking a dump(robot-like audio and frame skipping). It works perfectly one moment and like perfect crap the next. Anyways, I just wanted to let people know, when it is working correctly(the bluray player), that this television can perform plasma-like motion cadence that I didn't think was possible. I've been figuring out that certain movies are actually more choppy than others during pan. I've also found out that certain movies that I thought were too choppy during pan, ending up being the player screwing up. Rewatching has helped because I've been waiting for certain scenes and have been like, damn this tv can do it. So, i've concluded after all is said and done.................I need a friggn Oppo. I'm going to hook up my PS3 tomorrow to see if I can squeeze any miracles out of it. And ED, good luck on your move, it sucks moving cross country.....Darren
post #2866 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianabol5mg View Post

Never thought of that, sweet idea. I'll tell you what though. I've been watching a plethora of movies lately(I work midnights, so I keep my schedule on off days) and I found out my LG BH200 is taking a dump(robot-like audio and frame skipping). It works perfectly one moment and like perfect crap the next. Anyways, I just wanted to let people know, when it is working correctly(the bluray player), that this television can perform plasma-like motion cadence that I didn't think was possible. I've been figuring out that certain movies are actually more choppy than others during pan. I've also found out that certain movies that I thought were too choppy during pan, ending up being the player screwing up. Rewatching has helped because I've been waiting for certain scenes and have been like, damn this tv can do it. So, i've concluded after all is said and done.................I need a friggn Oppo. I'm going to hook up my PS3 tomorrow to see if I can squeeze any miracles out of it. And ED, good luck on your move, it sucks moving cross country.....Darren

Marvellous PQ on my 55LHX using both a Sony BDPS770 and OPPO 93 - BUT - Sony has the new BDPS790 now out for $250 with 4K upscaling for future use. The Forum members who bought, (Konica and I are looking forward to buying one ourselves) all have nothing bad to say about it. Check out the Forum re the OPPO people and Sony BDPS790 people are trying to out do each other. You may want to check into this one for half the OPPO price.
post #2867 of 3040
Thanks p5browne, i'll do that. I'm going to do a little research and figure out what processor Sony is using for that thing.
post #2868 of 3040
The usual - my 55LHX, in my room and lighting conditions:

May 27, 2012

My 55LHX Calibrations using the i1Pro Non-Enhanced Meter

--------------------------------------------------------
As per request, my latest:

Gamma Low, White Balance Warm

Service Menu White Balance: Cool/Medium/Warm

RG: 162/179/200
GG: 192/192/192
BG: 150/118/63
RC: 63/64/64
GC: 63/63/63
BC: 64/64/64

BL: 39
CT: 81
BR: 52
HS: 58
VS: 52
CL: 47
Tnt: 0

2 Point Calibration:

Red Contrast (100 IRE): 4
Green Contrast (100 IRE): 0
Blue Contrast (100 IRE): 5
Red Brightness (30 IRE): 14
Green Brightness (30 IRE): 0
Blue Brightness (30 IRE): 0

CMS:
Red Colour: 14
Red Tint: -9
Green Colour: 2
Green Tint; 0
Blue Colour: 16
Blue Tint: -5
Yellow Colour: 0
Yellow Tint: -3
Cyan Colour: -4
Cyan Tint: -2
Magenta Colour: 16
Magenta Tint: -2

10 Point Calibration:

100: 2/0/5
90 : 16/10/6
80 : 18/7/4
70 : 16/5/2
60 : 11/0/-2
50 : 10/2/-4
40 : 4/-4/-8
30 : -2/-8/-10
20 : 0/-7/-4
10 : -2/-6/-6

Comments: Doing the 2 Point Prior to the 10, definitely enhances, and smooths out the PQ. Using this method, both the AVCHD DVD
and Spears and Munsil Blu-ray, now, finally, agree exactly for the Colour and Tint.
2/10 Point now a part of my calibration process.
post #2869 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

The usual - my 55LHX, in my room and lighting conditions:
.
.
.

p5,

Check out the latest service manuals on the 2012 models and you will find instructions for tweaking these sets to THX standards.

-nony
post #2870 of 3040
After all these years! Finally catch on - Red, Green and Blue Colour in 2 Point, and Red, Green and Blue Gain in the White Balance Service Menu pertain to 100IRE. Red, Green and Blue Contrast in 2 Point, and Red, Green and Blue Cut in the White Balance Service Menu pertain to 30IRE. There is no 10 Point White Balance in the Service Menu (The LG 55LV9500 Does), just the 2 Point. Finally understanding this, straightens out my calibrating problems! (Of course, until I learn something else I didn't know - this self teaching is alot of work!)
The PQ is the most Natural looking I've been able to come up with to this day.
post #2871 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

What the heck does the 55LHX calibration have to do with 2012 Models? 2012 Models have individual White Balances per IRE Value, plus the Greyscale adjustments.
Have adjusted the Service Menu White Balances for 10 Point to LG Specs, but can't seem to find the like for the 2 Point. On my set, the Warm Red Gain could not be kept below the 192 parameter. Had to be adjusted above to meet LGs Specs.
Checked LG Knowledge Base - could not find any of the 2012 Models listed there. Any particular model in mind?

See p.15 in the 55LM9600-UC service manual. This is the first time that I have found a documented procedure for THX tweaking, so I thought it is worthy of mention.

-nony
post #2872 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot Kight View Post

Calibrating - service mode vs regular.

Just wondering why you would need service mode calibrations rather than just using the regular expert mode on this set? Last time I looked through LG's standard settings in service mode (not my set, just stuff on the internet) I saw no real reason to get in there.

The factory tune-up/alignment procedures as often documented in the service manuals of electronic devices, typically operate on critical electronic contols, which are not exposed in the UIs.

-nony
post #2873 of 3040
Note: for the Edge Lit - as Each Minute goes by, the spec requirements change!

4.4.7 THX Adjustment (For US Models)
For THX models, White Balance 4 point automatic control can
be done through the below steps. (Warm axis) (Automatic, what Automatic? Maybe this pertains to the 2012 Models?)
(1) 100 IRE White Balance Adjustment done.
(2) Control Backlight so the Maximum brightness
*In case of 100 IRE adjustment, backlight target value is
125cd/m2.
(3) 4 Point gamma and W/B adjustment done.
* With the controlled maximum brightness, adjust the Gamma
2.2 (60, 40, and 20 IRE / do not adjust at 80 IRE) (Doing a Greyscale calibration, ALL IRE's are adjusted, resulting in a ruler flat 2.2 from 10 to 100IRE - what is the reasoning for this statement? Again, something different in the 2012 Models?)
*For 10 IRE, set R, G, B gain to 0, 0, and 0, respectively. (Cannot understand the reasoning for this, if the results don't match spec?)

White Balance: First Back Lit, followed by Edge Lit

Reference (White Balance Adj. coordinate and
color temperature)
▪ Luminance: 204 Gray
▪ Standard color coordinate and temperature using CS-1000
(over 26 inch)
Mode
Coordinate
Temp △uv
X Y
Cool 0.269 0.273 13,000K 0.0000
Medium 0.285 0.293 9,300K 0.0000
Warm 0.313 0.329 6,500K +0.0030
▪ Standard color coordinate and temperature using CA-210(CH 18) - ALEF
Mode
Coordinate
Temp △uv
X Y
Cool 0.269±0.002 0.273±0.002 13,000K 0.0000
Medium 0.285±0.002 0.293±0.002 9,300K 0.0000
Warm 0.313±0.002 0.329±0.002 6,500K +0.0030
▪ Standard color coordinate and temperature using CA-210(CH 14) - LGD
Mode
Coordinate
Temp △uv
X Y
Cool 0.269±0.002 0.273±0.002 13,000K 0.0000
Medium 0.285±0.002 0.293±0.002 9,300K 0.0000
Warm 0.313±0.002 0.329±0.002 6,500K 0.0000
4.4.6.1 ALELF&EDGE LED&IOL White balance table

▪ Edge LED module change color coordinate because of aging time
▪ apply under the color coordinate table, for compensated aging time

Edge (LM860X)
GP4 Aging time
(Min)
Cool Medium Warm
X Y X Y X Y
269 273 285 293 313 329
1 0-2 283 293 299 313 320 339
2 3-5 282 291 298 311 319 337
3 6-9 281 290 297 310 318 336
4 10-19 279 289 295 309 316 335
5 20-35 277 284 293 304 314 330
6 36-49 274 279 290 299 311 325
7 50-79 271 277 287 297 308 323
8 80-149 270 274 286 294 307 320
9 Over 150 269 273 285 293 306 319
post #2874 of 3040
June 3, 2012

Wife's 55LHX Calibrations using the i1Pro Non-Enhanced Meter

--------------------------------------------------------
As per request, her latest:

Gamma Low, White Balance Warm

Service Menu White Balance: Cool/Medium/Warm

RG: 127/144/167
GG: 192/192/192
BG: 122/92/40
RC: 64/64/64
GC: 63/63/63
BC: 64/64/64

BL: 43
CT: 82
BR: 52
HS: 56
VS: 50
CL: 47
Tnt: G6

2 Point Calibration:

Red Contrast (100 IRE): 7
Green Contrast (100 IRE): 1
Blue Contrast (100 IRE): -4
Red Brightness (30 IRE): 10
Green Brightness (30 IRE): 0
Blue Brightness (30 IRE): -5

CMS:
Red Colour: 9
Red Tint: 0
Green Colour: -4
Green Tint; 0
Blue Colour: 10
Blue Tint: -14
Yellow Colour: 0
Yellow Tint: 0
Cyan Colour: -7
Cyan Tint: -2
Magenta Colour: 10
Magenta Tint: -2

10 Point Calibration:

100: 0/-2/-4
90 : 10/5/-8
80 : 3/4/-5
70 : 6/2/-9
60 : 0/0/-14
50 : 0/-2/-12
40 : -2/-6/-14
30 : -7/-10/-14
20 : -3/-7/-7
10 : -4/-5/-6

Finally, a great picture! Thanks once again to Konica Tech for his pointing me towards doing the 2 Point Calibration First! Then the 10 Point. Now the CMS calibration actually works correctly!
post #2875 of 3040
Thanks,p5browne

Cheers!
post #2876 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

Note: for the Edge Lit - as Each Minute goes by, the spec requirements change!

The tuneup tables during initial LED burn-in, are not limited to to edge lit.

-nony
post #2877 of 3040

Never calibrate until the set has been running for 4 hours first.
Would be interesting as to the variation of readings across the screen of the Fully Backlit, versus Edgelit.
The 55LV9500 had very little variation, versus the 55LHXs that had more variations. (Even between the 2 55LHXs, there were differences.) Don't own an Edgelit to try.

 

It's amazing how good these sets look now! My calibration is now only done occassionaly as the sets now seem to maintain their settings for longer periods of time. Last calibration was done after, for some reason, the sets' PQ seemed to change when we went from really dry conditions, to more muggy. Have stayed at present PQ, whether Dry, or Muggy now.


Edited by p5browne - 7/8/12 at 7:34am
post #2878 of 3040
Guys i am having a strange issue with my 55LH90 . The remote control signal doesnt work properly. The TV doesnt change channels and adjusts volume sometimes. Now its getting worse day by day. I tried with LG remote and other universal remotes. Its not the remote control that is the problem. Its the TV. How do i go about fixing this issue ?
post #2879 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjune1101 View Post

Guys i am having a strange issue with my 55LH90 . The remote control signal doesnt work properly. The TV doesnt change channels and adjusts volume sometimes. Now its getting worse day by day. I tried with LG remote and other universal remotes. Its not the remote control that is the problem. Its the TV. How do i go about fixing this issue ?

You're in the 55LHX Forum.
I assume you changed the batteries? Has the remote been dropped?
Unplug the 55LH90 from the wall overnight, then plug back in in the morning and retry.
Power burst may have popped caps on one of your electronic boards - if you know what you're doing, remove board and take to an electronics shop for repairs. (Many of todays boards are using 10V caps instead of 16V, making them sensitive to popping.)
post #2880 of 3040
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

You're in the 55LHX Forum.
I assume you changed the batteries? Has the remote been dropped?
Unplug the 55LH90 from the wall overnight, then plug back in in the morning and retry.
Power burst may have popped caps on one of your electronic boards - if you know what you're doing, remove board and take to an electronics shop for repairs. (Many of todays boards are using 10V caps instead of 16V, making them sensitive to popping.)

Thanks. Yeah remote is fine. Looks like the remote sensor is gone. I have no experience in opening up a TV. Let me try and see if there are any step by step guide. Thanks again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › THE Official LG "55LHX" Owners Thread