Originally Posted by With_Style Update:
OK after testing Windows 7 x64 Enterprise Edition I bought Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and I run on the same issues again. Even I updated WDTV Live I couldn't access my data over WDTV. Anyway, I solved my problem in 10min, so here is the thing:
After doing all steps I made one step more which I didn't tell you before, because I belived it's
, but it is:So please, make this registry change to make it work:
1. Navigate to the following location in the registry editor.
2. On the right side, double-click on 'everyoneincludesanonymous' and change the 'Value data' from '0' to '1'
3. Double-click on 'NoLmHash' and change the 'Value data' from '1' to '0'
4. Navigate to the following location in the registry editor:
5. Double-click on 'restrictnullsessaccess' and change the 'Value data' from '1' to '0'
6. Close the registry editorFinally, restart your PC and WDTV Live!
- If you still getting error - something like: "No media in the current folder" - then do not share your DRIVE, share just folder by right click - share with - home group (read).
- ATM I don't have time to figure out how to share whole disk with Win7 ultimate - I didn't have this issues with Enterprise version.Update:2
I make it work with whole Drive:Part2:
Go to Computer Managment -> Shared folders -> Shares: Right Click on your Share -> Properties -> Security (tab) -> Edit -> Add:
- Your User (Full)
- HomeUsers (Full)
, Advance - >
Owner: Administrators (like from tutorial)
Administrator, Your User, Home Users - Full
Everyone - Read & Execute (like from tutorial - 5 checkbox)Restart WD!