or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › A/V Control & Automation › Remote Control Area › No Universal codes for Viore TV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

No Universal codes for Viore TV

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
I just purchased a 32" Viore HDLCD TV model LC32VX60HDT. I contacted the Viore tech support (216-454-0868) and they informed me that there is NO universal remote control code for this TV. This TV will only work with the Viore remote control. You are expected to use two remotes if you have cable.
post #2 of 25
unless the remote is rf (unlikely, but i suppose possible), just learn the codes you need into your universal remote...
post #3 of 25
I purchased a 37 inch VIORE (model lc37vf55) and got the same deal from their tech line. Is there a way around this?
post #4 of 25
Is this a US brand TV. I have never heard of it. It is a Walmart or Cosco rebrand model?
post #5 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbinmd View Post

I just purchased a 32" Viore HDLCD TV model LC32VX60HDT. I contacted the Viore tech support (216-454-0868) and they informed me that there is NO universal remote control code for this TV. This TV will only work with the Viore remote control. You are expected to use two remotes if you have cable.

Are there any Akai codes you can use? Those might work?
post #6 of 25
0054 or 1207 might work on many cable remotes. If not, try TV code 1684 (NEC1 device 96 subdevice 157) on UEI remotes like the RCA RCRP05B ($20 at best buy).

If that doesn't work, get a cheap universal and learn the half dozen commands you need. What's the big deal? A lot of tv's won't work with cable box remotes. That's why learning remotes exist.
post #7 of 25
I'm no expert on how unversal remotes work (someone mentioned something about using an IR remote and I have no idea why or what that means) but what I do know is that I have a Viore tv and got the same song and dance about there not being any universal remotes for the tv. I had long given up on finding one, but I moved to a new house and got uverse and their remote works on my tv! Now I'm not sayin that you should get uverse to solve your remote problem but instead if you (or someone who knows this stuff) were to research this perhaps we could find the code or figure what type of remote att uses. I invite anyone that knows how to program remotes to solve this conundrum.
post #8 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by astros1147 View Post

I'm no expert on how unversal remotes work (someone mentioned something about using an IR remote and I have no idea why or what that means) but what I do know is that I have a Viore tv and got the same song and dance about there not being any universal remotes for the tv. I had long given up on finding one, but I moved to a new house and got uverse and their remote works on my tv! Now I'm not sayin that you should get uverse to solve your remote problem but instead if you (or someone who knows this stuff) were to research this perhaps we could find the code or figure what type of remote att uses. I invite anyone that knows how to program remotes to solve this conundrum.

Help a little yourself, the code in which the viore responds to in your ATT remote, look and see if any other brands of tv use this code by looking at the att manual. Come back and post the brands of tv here. Give others a shot at trying codes for those same tv brands in their remotes.
post #9 of 25
My 32" Viore works with my AT&T u-verse remote using the Akai code 1265.
post #10 of 25
i purchased a 24" Viore tv last 10/10 and later got RCN cable 7/11. i was told they didnt have any codes for my tv so i had to use two remotes. wellllllllllllllll... i killed the Viore remote by grapefruit juice this morning, so suffice it say I thought I was #@cked. but i didnt give up.. i went online and started searching and whala!!! i eneded up using a Samsung code 031. hope this helps


jen

P.S. at first if you don't succeed try the internet.
post #11 of 25
Surely 031 is missing one digit? Aren't all the TV codes 4 digits? I too am loooking fo the correct code to control my 26" Viore with my Uverse remote control
post #12 of 25
Just try the samsung codes in whatever list you have.
post #13 of 25
I tried the "TV' list of
1004, 1005, 1011, 1014, 1018, 1019, 1072, 1073, 1074, 1097, 1098, 1156, 1161, 1297, 1323, 1360, 1363, and 1364;
and then on the Samsung LCD TV list numbers there were
1171, 1172, 1173, 1174, 1175, 1246, and 1352. No dice!!
I talked with AT&T tier 2 support for about 30 mins; they gave me a bunch of related mfg codes, but none of those worked either. I may call Viore on Mon. but I won't be holding my breath for a working code. Any other ideas?
post #14 of 25
try 11395 i had the same issues but found this code online and it worked for me, hope it helps
post #15 of 25
SAMSUNG CODE 0060 WORKED ON MY PANASONIC UNIVERSAL REMOTE.GET THE CODES FROM THE REMOTE FOR SAMSUNG ,IT WILL WORK,YAY
post #16 of 25
I had the same problem with a little Viore we got for the kitchen. I tried everything, then stumbled across 10812 online, and it worked! Hope you get it worked out.
post #17 of 25
I have an RCA Universal Remote (RCRN04GR) and I used the Auto Code Search feature to scroll through all the TV codes. It hit on Samsung code 10251 which functions most of what I needed (ON/OFF, Volume, Mute). Haven't tried the other Samsung codes to see if they work or have more functionality, but it's enough for me that I have this ability with this remote. None of the printed Viore codes worked on my TV which is a TV-DVD combo. Note that I do still need the original remote to use the DVD. I'll post again if I find a code that does more or find a way to operate the DVD with the Universal remote.
post #18 of 25
I got it - the remote code for Viore TV is either 11903 or 10702. 11903 worked for me!!!!
post #19 of 25
I just recently got a 56 inch Viore tv and got my dollar store remote to program to it, when one day the batteries fell out :[
The code 1684 worked for my tv and $5 remote :] thanks
post #20 of 25
I just bought this same TV. I am trying to set it up by useing the "Menu" and buttons functions on the TV.

Have you discovered any source for the remote as of today, June 07, 2013?
post #21 of 25
Rca remote from family dollar or the rca universal remote rcr804bfdr this one its cheap n it work one thi big ones im guessing i used a samsung code the first one in fact mine is like a 32 or 37 inch viore telvision n it onlyy uses 4 digits the digits i used were 0812 works completly Hopes this helps every body if this doesnt work try all the samsung codes
post #22 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaya Anderson View Post

Rca remote from family dollar or the rca universal remote rcr804bfdr this one its cheap n it work one thi big ones im guessing i used a samsung code the first one in fact mine is like a 32 or 37 inch viore telvision n it onlyy uses 4 digits the digits i used were 0812 works completly Hopes this helps every body if this doesnt work try all the samsung codes
Here's the full code list: http://www.voxxintlcorp.com/docs/common/RCR804BR/RCR804BR_WC.pdf

Can you do me a favor and tell me if you see a 6-pin connector in the battery bay? And what was the price?

Thanks
post #23 of 25
i dont know what a 6 pin connector is but the price for my remote is 8.50
post #24 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaya Anderson View Post

i dont know what a 6 pin connector is but the price for my remote is 8.50
Thanks. Something like this?
post #25 of 25
I know this is kind of old, but I did this and it worked. Started with the very first number for Samsung 258. It worked for Viore LE24VF25D smile.gif YAY
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Remote Control Area
AVS › AVS Forum › A/V Control & Automation › Remote Control Area › No Universal codes for Viore TV