OK, after several hours of testing my simplified results are:
1. Tested as it was twice - the sound dropped out in the same place each time.
2. Set the Blu ray player to PCM - everything is fine, no drop out.
3. Switched blu ray settings back to bitstream - sound dropped out.
4. Reduced surround trims to 6DB in line with new amp's Gain- no sound drop out
5. Tested again as No 5 - sound drops out
5. Dropped all trims to 0 - sound drops out.
6. Disconnected Audyssey pro unit - sound drops out.
7. Even though I do not use the PEQ for movies, switched this OFF in the suite's PC program - all OK, no drop out
8. tested again as in No 6 - sound drops out.
9. reset to factory default - sound drops out.
10. tested PCM - all OK.
11. Bit-stream - sound drops out.
I am running out of ideas. All I know is since the upgrade to version 3 from 2 I have suffered from occasional Audio drop out.
Any more ideas??? Edited by magicj1 - 12/24/12 at 10:40pm