Here are my initial findings:PRECALIBRATION REPORT:POSTCALIBRATION REPORT:
As you can see it was quite good out of the box. I had called Sim2 to get the service menu, but they hadn't even played with one throughly yet as they wanted to get them out. In any event, I am sure I could dial in the colors even better once I get that information.
We have the long throw version which starts around 2.1x. After calibration, I measured 603 lumens! Now that doesn't sound all that high compared to some of the inflated specs others use, but considering this will remain constant unlike lamps, well, that is a big bonus. I measured the on/off contrast...well...no I didn't. It was infinite. Basically I could put my meter at 1" from the lens and I got no reading on black (it turns off the LED's)...I should mention my meter goes down to .0001 as well. I did measure ANSI and got 895:1...amongst the highest to date. Plus couple that with the fact that this isn't extremely bright and that really gives you a good indication of the black level performance.
I did another type of measurement, which really may not mean much, but I did it anyways. I took a 10IRE window pattern (darkest there is) and since that has to turn on the LED's, I block the actual pattern and measured the black level, to get a "psuedo-on/off measurement". That came out to 6923:1... Again, this really doesn't mean much but I was playing around.
Anyways, back to more playing.