1) 24p/24hz: I put in "Blood Diamond" on blu-ray and set the PS3 to force 1080/24p to the LG CF181D. I can say that I saw some, but not many artifacts & picture instability when Tru-Motion was on. It did add some of the live video look, but I did not find it objectionable. When you say "does it sync the 24p to 120hz", I'm not sure exactly what you mean. I know that it will do tru-motion (120hz) with 24p...some may prefer the results, some may not. I will dig deeper on this over the weekend!
2) I have attached 3 screenshots from a not too bright scener from "UP". One is with all lights off, one is with them on, but dimmed, and one is with the lights basically all on, which would not reflect actual viewing situation. The upper left & right corners are washed out due to the lights that are 12" away, but the picture is still watchable. the camera I have used is a Canon SD-870IS on a tripod. Sorry for theeystone effect, as I had to mount the cam low and aim up. While these pics give a rough idea, they really pale in comparison to actually being there! I also bumped up the res of the pics to 2MP.
3) I checked pixel alignment and am happy to report that it is spot on. If I had the ability to tweak it, I wouldn'y!
4) I have not witnessed any dead or otherwise malfunctioning pictures.
5) I tried to do the standard DVD test, playing "Pearl Harbor" upscaled from the PS3...problem is it came thru with the expected letterboxing on the top & bottom, AS WELL AS on the SIDES!!! I tried to figure out what setting on the PS3 or projector would fis this, but I ran out of time and will have to check it tomorrow. I will say, even with the black bars on all 4 sides, the picture itself was quite nice, with no glitches in the limited time I watched. More to follow on this.
6) Fan noise: I am happy to report that the fan noise, while audible, is negligible. I hear it only when the soundtrack is silent for whatever reason, or when changing inputs. It is definitely quieter and at a more easy on the ears frequency than my Panny 700. I am more than happy with the fan on this thing!
7) The basketball game looked great on TNT-HD and the Cavs won!!
8) After spending a few hours total now with this, I am extremely happy. It;s not perfect, but what is??? The Tru-motion can create problems at times, but for the most part, does its job. Sometimes, even when it's doing its job properly, some may not prefer the effect. DVD playback I think will be fine once I figure out how to display it correctly.
Sorry for the long post. I know how these "sight-unseen" purchases can be tough, and want to help out all I can.
More to come!!!