Originally Posted by elmalloc
i would write it in C# so it's a windows program, hate java
Well we are even then because I hate windows.
1) I have the "editing" done, or at least good enough for a first release (when it happens). The last thing added was a "transparency slider" for all the items on the ticket.
2) Started working with printing. I've been writing Java code for 12 years now and printing is something I haven't dealt with much. And Java printing has changed a lot over the years. I was able to figure out enough to print out a page of tickets. Six tickets on a page. Attached is an picture of a printout. Printing still needs work.
What do you all think of the size of the ticket? What size is desirable? These measure 4 5/8 x 1 5/8. I think they are a tad small as they look they are getting scaled down a bit. Impossible to see on the image you have though, but I see it with my eyeballs here at my desk.
Major functionality left:
1) Saving a "project".
2) Loading previously saved project.
3) User Settings - so things like Theater name get pre-filled in.
4) More work on printing
5) Integrate themoviedb.org. Right now you can use your browser to grab images and then load them on your ticket. Be nicer to just all be in the program.
6) More ticket styles
7) Support ticket forms like the one from Office Depot.
I think I have to accomplish the first 4 tasks before having you guys bang on it.