or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › HTPC Gaming › Battlefield Bad Company 2 game play
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Battlefield Bad Company 2 game play - Page 3

post #61 of 399
Played until 3am got disconnected from EA server - thought it was a sign and went to bed. :|

Not bad, not bad at all. Biggest problem I had - clueless teammates and horrible, horrible heli pilots :|

Had artifacts on on my GTX285 but after installing new drivers they were gone.
post #62 of 399
If anyone gets an extra key, please PM me.

Many thanks!
post #63 of 399
Does the PC version support the 360 gamepad?
post #64 of 399
I had about 5 servers in a row that were terrible. THEN on the 6th one, the game ran good, no lag and everyone in there was having a blast. The fun factor REALLY depends on what server you end up on. hopefully they will fix the server selection so we can pick which one we want to go into.
post #65 of 399
What are we all sharing that one key that was posted here? Never post a key on a public forum...
post #66 of 399
Hi Guys- wondering if anybody can help me upgrade or put my HP 3800+ to rest for gaming completely. I have a hp M8226x and have upgraded the PSU to a 550 watt OCZ PSU. Currently have a 8600gt video card. Other components are stock. Will this set up play this upcoming game? I certainly can upgrade to WIN7, change out the video card to a 4780 or something like it ( suggestions please) , I could improve the RAM to 6gb (3x2gb) of PC8500 myself, but I have never changed out a MOBO or a processor.
post #67 of 399
Thread Starter 
I think I am going to like this...I can hear it now those fr@king campers are ruining the game...

post #68 of 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkcusD View Post

Does the PC version support the 360 gamepad?

Uggh....I hope not.


MASSIVE BF2 fan here.....if anyone wants to start an AVS clan, I'm in!! As soon as all the good servers come out in the final release, let's make sure we keep this thread alive! This is THE stop-gap until BF3 comes out, whenever that is...
post #69 of 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post

I think I am going to like this...I can hear it now those fr@king campers are ruining the game...


Wow, that hitbox looks rather.....large. I pray that's the console version.
post #70 of 399
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Favelle View Post

Wow, that hitbox looks rather.....large. I pray that's the console version.

Actually (s)he is leading and /or compensating for range. I did the same in BF2...
post #71 of 399
I blew my speakers playing this game! Seriously!!!
post #72 of 399
My current machine is certainly no beast for gaming.

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon ll X2 215 2.7 GHz
Memory: 3GB 6400 DDR2
Graphics: PNY EE Geforce 9800GT
HD: 500 GB SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec) 7200 rpm

Running the game at 1440x900 resolution and default medium settings. With the exception of textures set from high to medium. Also running the latest official geforce drivers. The game runs a bit choppy. It cannot hold a constant 30fps. With the 360 version. It is not a problem. This pc is above a 360. I expected it to be running smooth at medium settings at the very least. Any ideas?
post #73 of 399
It's not just you. It runs choppy for everyone regardless of setup. It's the game.
post #74 of 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

It's not just you. It runs choppy for everyone regardless of setup. It's the game.

Fortunately DICE is aware of the performance issues and game optimizations.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/384866.page
post #75 of 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

I blew my speakers playing this game! Seriously!!!

Dude that's....awesome! What did you have? What are you going to get?
post #76 of 399
Just in case anyone is interested (hopefully you are ), I pre-ordered a server. It'll be up the day the game is launched.

BTW, if anyone has an exta key I would appreciate it. I'm a little strapped for cash right now and can't pre-order.
post #77 of 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post

Actually (s)he is leading and /or compensating for range. I did the same in BF2...

Yep, you have to lead in BF2 at long distances. Can't wait to play a sniper in this game.

btw, in that video you posted, he/she got lucky guessing which way the soldier was going to run in one of those shots. Looked cool though!
post #78 of 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

I blew my speakers playing this game! Seriously!!!

I hope those speakers didn't cost much. Losing a set of multi-thousand dollar speakers from playing this game wouldn't sit well with many people.
post #79 of 399
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz291819 View Post

Yep, you have to lead in BF2 at long distances. Can't wait to play a sniper in this game.

btw, in that video you posted, he/she got lucky guessing which way the soldier was going to run in one of those shots. Looked cool though!

At least it looks like 1 shot 1 kill now with the hunting rifles not like BF2 where it took at least 2 shots even with a 50cal unless you got a head shot. But it seems the "pink mist" is a liitle over done esp at long ranges...
post #80 of 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith83 View Post

I hope those speakers didn't cost much. Losing a set of multi-thousand dollar speakers from playing this game wouldn't sit well with many people.

Nah, they were dying anyways. They were a nice set of Nakamichi computer 2.1 speakers though, which are irreplacable as they were discontinued long ago. I purchased this set of Cyber Accoustics 2.1 for $40 off eBay last night. Should be OK from the reviews on newegg.
post #81 of 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post

Just in case anyone is interested (hopefully you are ), I pre-ordered a server. It'll be up the day the game is launched.

BTW, if anyone has an exta key I would appreciate it. I'm a little strapped for cash right now and can't pre-order.

Very interested, thanks for the info.

I don't have an extra key, but that reminds me; I pre-ordered this game online from GameStop, one of the reasons being I would get a beta key. i still haven't gotten a single thing from them. I was able to get a key from another website. Did anyone who pre-ordered from GameStop actually get a beta key?
post #82 of 399
Shocked that I received my new speakers already. I ordered from Buy.com's eBay storefront using standard shipping, and they said it was going to take 7-9 days and it took 2. I highly recommend them, they are well worth the $40 I paid and the bass is intense (the sub is about 1 foot high).
post #83 of 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

It's not just you. It runs choppy for everyone regardless of setup. It's the game.

Correction....its the BETA. Big difference.
post #84 of 399
If you get in a server with a good ping, it's not choppy 1 bit. I play in a certain 1 and get a steady 60 ping and it's very smooth. running avg of 55 fps with lowest dip to 35 with 1920x1200 everything max 4 aa 4 anti with only 1 gtx280.
post #85 of 399
How do you check your ping?
post #86 of 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Favelle View Post

Correction....its the BETA. Big difference.

Really? You have tested the release version? Seems to be the beta is what we're talking about here.
post #87 of 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

Really? You have tested the release version? Seems to be the beta is what we're talking about here.

That's exactly my point. We are all talking about a BETA. Do people get upset because their football team lost an exhibition game? This isn't the real deal. That comes on March 2nd.
post #88 of 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Favelle View Post

That's exactly my point. We are all talking about a BETA. Do people get upset because their football team lost an exhibition game? This isn't the real deal. That comes on March 2nd.

Ah forget it. Did you even bother reading the whole thread? We mentioned all your points already.
post #89 of 399
If you have a g15 it shows you ping in you lcd (if you have the software installed) . Other than that I don't know if there is any other way.
post #90 of 399
I just picked up a G19 today and it has all your BF:BC2 info on 1 screen. I also must say it's smaller and feeles nicer than the G15 but I guess it should for $200 lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HTPC Gaming
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › HTPC Gaming › Battlefield Bad Company 2 game play