or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › 72"! - VIZIO Launches NEW XVT Pro™ Series
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

72"! - VIZIO Launches NEW XVT Pro™ Series - Page 6

post #151 of 1447
The specs and price are amazing. I'm quite intrigued to see this product in person when it's released.
post #152 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD_Lantern View Post

The specs and price are amazing. I'm quite intrigued to see this product in person when it's released.

+1, just like the Vizio 551 announced a year ago. Vizio makes an interesting spectical, but other mfg'ers make TVs I would actually purchase! I don't think my local Magnolia AV will be selling these though... I'll have to go to Costco to see one! Only a couple more days till more advanced TVs are revealed to the public!
post #153 of 1447
72"72"72"72"72"
3D3D3D3D3D3D
$3,500$3,500
NuffSaidNuffSaid
post #154 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb32 View Post

+1, just like the Vizio 551 announced a year ago. Vizio makes an interesting spectical, but other mfg'ers make TVs I would actually purchase! I don't think my local Magnolia AV will be selling these though... I'll have to go to Costco to see one! Only a couple more days till more advanced TVs are revealed to the public!

Your probably right Magnolia won't carry these. The average Best Buy shopper won't tell the difference between this set and a Sony set that is three times more.
post #155 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post

Your probably right Magnolia won't carry these. The average Best Buy shopper won't tell the difference between this set and a Sony set that is three times more.

coming from a person that owns a crappy 1019... trust me you won't be able tell the diff between 1080i to 1080p.
post #156 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post

Your probably right Magnolia won't carry these. The average Best Buy shopper won't tell the difference between this set and a Sony set that is three times more.

uh huh
post #157 of 1447
http://ces.cnet.com/8301-31045_1-104...ag=mncol%3btxt

had to throw in one more jab for all those times I was told I needed to be enlightened
post #158 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by J y E 4Ever View Post

72"72"72"72"72"
3D3D3D3D3D3D
$3,500$3,500
NuffSaidNuffSaid

wrong, it will not play 3d movies such as avatar in full 1080p hd because of hdmi 1.3 - you will only see it in 1080i
post #159 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatse View Post

coming from a person that owns a crappy 1019... trust me you won't be able tell the diff between 1080i to 1080p.

if you look, yes you can tell a difference


also to have such a low price, wonder what they sacrificed ? lamp life and/or display life ?

you can only wring so much savings from cost conscious savings on keeping low supplies and not having a warehouse of parts and related saving ways
post #160 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhhd89 View Post

wrong, it will not play 3d movies such as avatar in full 1080p hd because of hdmi 1.3 - you will only see it in 1080i

Why am I wrong, where did I mention 1080p 3D in my statement?

All I wrote was 3D, not 1080p or 1080i 3D.

Therefore, i'll stick with my statement thank you very much:

72"72"72"72"72"
3D3D3D3D3D3D
$3,500$3,500
NuffSaidNuffSaid

post #161 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

http://ces.cnet.com/8301-31045_1-104...ag=mncol%3btxt

had to throw in one more jab for all those times I was told I needed to be enlightened

well if when they were coming up with hd standards - used only 1080 p + had no interference specs for OTA + had decided on doing the hd that did not need glasses as the STANDARD - then all this would be moot

since you have many usable standards it slows adoption and confuses consumers and worst of all allows makers to cheap out on products

its like in life, you make a decision you stick to one (in every situation) and not have 3 or so in each final decision standard and things is simpler, but the "geniuses" who run the electronic industry prefer multiple "standards" and confusion (not for me and well read consumers - but for the masses easily confused)
post #162 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by J y E 4Ever View Post

Why am I wrong, where did I mention 1080p 3D in my statement?

All I wrote was 3D, not 1080p or 1080i 3D.

Therefore, i'll stick with my statement thank you very much:

72"72"72"72"72"
3D3D3D3D3D3D
$3,500$3,500
NuffSaidNuffSaid



because, when you say 3d it is commonly known / meant that 3d = 1080 p in current standards - in future that would be 4k p and 8k p not interlaced
post #163 of 1447
This thread is a rather interesting read.
post #164 of 1447
so what do you guys think of the HD3D and the wireless HD.. Would something like this work?? Its hard to believe it would , but i guess it is the new generation
post #165 of 1447
ah another marketing doped fool that doesn't know the diff between 1080i vs 1080p.
post #166 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhhd89 View Post

because, when you say 3d it is commonly known / meant that 3d = 1080 p in current standards - in future that would be 4k p and 8k p not interlaced

I looked at the article, where did it mention that it was only an HDMI 1.3 TV?
post #167 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatse View Post

coming from a person that owns a crappy 1019... trust me you won't be able tell the diff between 1080i to 1080p.

Sorry were not all as rich as you , I own a crappy 819.. I guess i should just go back to my van down by the river and kill myself
post #168 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatse View Post

ah another marketing doped fool that doesn't know the diff between 1080i vs 1080p.

?
post #169 of 1447
I am no Videophile, but this seems like a great set for the money!
post #170 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj79 View Post

Sorry were not all as rich as you , I own a crappy 819.. I guess i should just go back to my van down by the river and kill myself


dood its just a audio gear... have a beer man.
post #171 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by J y E 4Ever View Post

I looked at the article, where did it mention that it was only an HDMI 1.3 TV?

http://www.vizio.com/news/VIZIOLaunc...HDTVTechnology

there own website
post #172 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatse View Post

dood its just a audio gear... have a beer man.

So are there cliffs for whats been going on so far..? Im out of beer, so there goes that idea
post #173 of 1447
Why don't you guys realize that Vizio's announcement is merely a marketing stunt????

Not to say that they won't release a $3.5k 72" LED backlit set in 2010, but that better sets won't be released by this years end? I enjoy kool-aid from time to time, but in the end, the 72-incher won't be an enthusiast product, just like the 551, it'll be a larger Costco "high-end" offering.... fun but, meh... I can't wait till Sony announces the successor to the XBR8... even though that won't be until May.... I've got my fingers crossed that Canon will show an SED monitor...
post #174 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhhd89 View Post

because, when you say 3d it is commonly known / meant that 3d = 1080 p in current standards - in future that would be 4k p and 8k p not interlaced

UR a Tard'd yet skilled troll, of most epic proportions...

My hat goes off for you!
post #175 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhhd89 View Post

http://www.vizio.com/news/VIZIOLaunc...HDTVTechnology

there own website

The article also makes mention several times that the sets will be 'Full 3DHD', and be able to provide full 1080p to each eye. Yes, it mentions HDMI 1.3, but perhaps that was a mistake in the article. It's kind of hard to tell considering the TV is at least 8 months away from being released. Time will tell.
post #176 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkcohen View Post

The article also makes mention several times that the sets will be 'Full 3DHD', and be able to provide full 1080p to each eye. Yes, it mentions HDMI 1.3, but perhaps that was a mistake in the article. It's kind of hard to tell considering the TV is at least 8 months away from being released. Time will tell.

if a typo a pretty stupid error to make
post #177 of 1447
I'll say once again... there is zero difference between 1080i and 1080p. Especially for 24fps film or 30fps standard hdtv. All marketing hype.
post #178 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb32 View Post

UR a Tard'd yet skilled troll, of most epic proportions...

My hat goes off for you!

i never insulted you, but i will now, learn to understand things
post #179 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatse View Post

I'll say once again... there is zero difference between 1080i and 1080p. Especially for 24fps film or 30fps standard hdtv. All marketing hype.

there is a difference and it is a discernible difference
post #180 of 1447
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhhd89 View Post

there is a difference and it is a discernible difference

*sigh*. Then you probably think that the sound from your 1019 with DTSHD/TrueHD sound better than all legacy format AVRs just because of the bandwidth.

do your research. In all honestly, you probably couldn't tell the diff between 720p to 1080p.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › 72"! - VIZIO Launches NEW XVT Pro™ Series