or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread - Page 314

post #9391 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

turn on pandora and type "bass 305", best woofer test music on the planet!

Good recommendation here to give your sub a workout.
post #9392 of 15163
D15SE ordered!

I'm upgrading from a miscellaneous, second-hand Jamo 10" sealed box and super-excited.
:-)
post #9393 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post

Good recommendation here to give your sub a workout.

Can specify..? I'm using mog and there are at least 5 diff bass 305 songs from 2or 3 artists. Ill prolly check em all out eventually though lol
post #9394 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33 View Post

Can specify..? I'm using mog and there are at least 5 diff bass 305 songs from 2or 3 artists.
Ill prolly check em all out eventually though lol

Strange my pandora only comes up with one artist.
post #9395 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33 View Post

Can specify..? I'm using mog and there are at least 5 diff bass 305 songs from 2or 3 artists. Ill prolly check em all out eventually though lol

there will be more artists than that, my point was that genre of music is the best woofer test content ever...techmaster peb, techno bass crew, beat dominator, bass 305, all make killer bass music. been rockin that stuff since the early mid 90's.
post #9396 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post

Strange my pandora only comes up with one artist.
I tried it and got a bunch. Not my type of music but it sure is fun to play on a good sub and really demonstrates what the FV15HP is capable of musically speaking. smile.gif
Edited by Torqdog - 4/22/13 at 6:31pm
post #9397 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

there will be more artists than that, my point was that genre of music is the best woofer test content ever...techmaster peb, techno bass crew, beat dominator, bass 305, all make killer bass music. been rockin that stuff since the early mid 90's.

Cool ya not my style of music but I'm gona try em all out for some good demoing:)
post #9398 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33 View Post

Cool ya not my style of music but I'm gona try em all out for some good demoing:)

yea thats what i use it for...demoing the subs! Not something you listen to on a regular basis. however I do listen to all types of music. 80's, rock, rap, jazz, house, and bass.
post #9399 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post

Anything in specific? Looks like they put out almost a dozen albums. I'm always on the lookout for subwoofer torture material.

Another test of a sub, but of a different sort altogether, is the ability to reproduce a group of varied instruments that all contain bass frequencies, keeping their individual timbre and timing intact. Recordings of Baroque-era Classical music contain the sounds of stand-up Bass, Cello, Pipe Organ, Piano, Harpsichord, Bass and Baritone Male Vocals, and the acoustics of the recording venue. To keep the threads of a densely woven musical fabric separate is hard enough, but to do so and keep the individual characteristic of each thread is asking a lot more from a sub than merely (!) going low and loud. A speaker that allows one to hear not only the timbre of an instrument, but also the touch, timing, and technique of it's player is a speaker qualified to be called musical. The more complex the sound contained in a recording, the harder it is to reproduce.
Edited by BDP24 - 4/22/13 at 9:21pm
post #9400 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Keep in mind that has been up on the Rythmik site for a long time so I think that the "F25 +8db" was for the original F25 with the 600watt amp. The newer version has a 800watt amp so it might actually have different numbers. I could be off on that totally as I'm only going from memory, but I'm pretty sure those numbers have been on the site for well over a year.


Yeah, Ive seen all the literature and numbers posted and have been reading the rythmik thread habitually. Havent spoke with Brian yet but have with another rythmik staff. Wanted some more personalized reviews and comments on owners or any others in a similar dilemma. Of course won could go Cap or SubM route, but after PMing many of the loyal bassheads that attend the subwoofer shootouts etc. they have peaked my interest in dual rhythmiks vs. one ~$2500 range sub (Seaton/JTR,etc.). Given my budget seems like all have recommended 2 rythmiks over 1 of the big ticket subs. Therefore, was gonna pull the trigger for 2 fv15hps but lately have been listening to alot of music and was just curious (maybe thinking twice) about the sealed 15 route. Seems like Rythmik is close or perhaps have already figured out the shipping scenario for F25s, so I just wanted to feel the water of any potential or current owners of the f25. 2 of the those bad boys or 2 of the fv15hps? Its probably a win win but by nature I over research everything. I'll hit up Brian to see what he has to say. Thanks in advance for any ideas and opinions. mj
post #9401 of 15163
I personally would go with dual F25's over dual FV15HP's, I love the look of them and after having dual PSA XS30's I really like sealed subs.
post #9402 of 15163
So i got my mcacc mic working with REW. According to the graph, I see exactly what i thought i was hearing, a spike around 55 hz and dips surrounding 55hz. My ears are turning up to be not too shabby. Now i cut the 55hz down as far as i can using the PEQ, and that solves my room gain, but i need to boost 30-40 hz and 60-70 or something like that throughout my response at listening position. If i get that mini dsp, can i individually set the gain at each frequency? Say like +10 db at 35 hz, -1db at 36hz, -20db at 55 hz, etc. Im impressed that i get flat response at my listening position from 14hz to 30. Rythmiks are something else. I also put the mic right infront of the speaker, and it was ruler flat, i turned on my peq switch and re run the test at the speaker, and the only thing down was 55hz, just as it should be as thats what i cut on the amp. My goal is to get the response as flat as possible. Will the mini dsp do what i want it to in this situation? And if i get that second sub will i be able to use the same dsp to eq that one individually from the first sub?
post #9403 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxion View Post

So i got my mcacc mic working with REW. According to the graph, I see exactly what i thought i was hearing, a spike around 55 hz and dips surrounding 55hz. My ears are turning up to be not too shabby. Now i cut the 55hz down as far as i can using the PEQ, and that solves my room gain, but i need to boost 30-40 hz and 60-70 or something like that throughout my response at listening position. If i get that mini dsp, can i individually set the gain at each frequency? Say like +10 db at 35 hz, -1db at 36hz, -20db at 55 hz, etc. Im impressed that i get flat response at my listening position from 14hz to 30. Rythmiks are something else. I also put the mic right infront of the speaker, and it was ruler flat, i turned on my peq switch and re run the test at the speaker, and the only thing down was 55hz, just as it should be as thats what i cut on the amp. My goal is to get the response as flat as possible. Will the mini dsp do what i want it to in this situation? And if i get that second sub will i be able to use the same dsp to eq that one individually from the first sub?

your best bet would be to start a seperate thread at HT shack or move your post with a graph to the REW thread. in short, yes the mini dsp will eq 4 subs as already mentioned. do some resesrch on it. smile.gif
post #9404 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMJ View Post

Yeah, Ive seen all the literature and numbers posted and have been reading the rythmik thread habitually. Havent spoke with Brian yet but have with another rythmik staff. Wanted some more personalized reviews and comments on owners or any others in a similar dilemma. Of course won could go Cap or SubM route, but after PMing many of the loyal bassheads that attend the subwoofer shootouts etc. they have peaked my interest in dual rhythmiks vs. one ~$2500 range sub (Seaton/JTR,etc.). Given my budget seems like all have recommended 2 rythmiks over 1 of the big ticket subs. Therefore, was gonna pull the trigger for 2 fv15hps but lately have been listening to alot of music and was just curious (maybe thinking twice) about the sealed 15 route. Seems like Rythmik is close or perhaps have already figured out the shipping scenario for F25s, so I just wanted to feel the water of any potential or current owners of the f25. 2 of the those bad boys or 2 of the fv15hps? Its probably a win win but by nature I over research everything. I'll hit up Brian to see what he has to say. Thanks in advance for any ideas and opinions. mj

I prefer sealed subs as well. I have an E15 that sounds fantastic for music, and just as fantastic for movies. Tight, low, and very quick responding. I'll probably add another in the future to smooth out the room a bit, but for now it's awesome. I can only imagine how great the F25's must sound! wink.gif
post #9405 of 15163
Something to consider: The F25 contains a pair of DS1501 drivers (Rythmiks "standard" 15" driver), and the FV15 one of them. The F15HP and the FV15HP both contain the "high-performance" (one-piece aluminum cone, 3" voice coil, substantially larger magnet assembly, greater max. cone travel) DS1510 driver. I would rather have a pair of DS1510 drivers than two pair of DS1501's. With the HP subs you also get a 600W amp per driver to the F25's 400W.
post #9406 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP24 View Post

Something to consider: The F25 contains a pair of DS1501 drivers (Rythmiks "standard" 15" driver), and the FV15 one of them. The F15HP and the FV15HP both contain the "high-performance" (one-piece aluminum cone, 3" voice coil, substantially larger magnet assembly, greater max. cone travel) DS1510 driver. I would rather have a pair of DS1510 drivers than two pair of DS1501's. With the HP subs you also get a 600W amp per driver to the F25's 400W.

First the F25. Maybe an F25HP in the future....? biggrin.gif
post #9407 of 15163
Well if you bought two F15HP's compared to a single F25 you are looking at about a 1000 dollar increase in price. Obviously it would be cheaper if you could build your own cabinets and utilize the higher end drivers and amps.
post #9408 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP24 View Post

Something to consider: The F25 contains a pair of DS1501 drivers (Rythmiks "standard" 15" driver), and the FV15 one of them. The F15HP and the FV15HP both contain the "high-performance" (one-piece aluminum cone, 3" voice coil, substantially larger magnet assembly, greater max. cone travel) DS1510 driver. I would rather have a pair of DS1510 drivers than two pair of DS1501's. With the HP subs you also get a 600W amp per driver to the F25's 400W.

its not all about power... efficiency plays a big factor. 4-15" efficent drivers matched with the right power will best 2-15" drivers that are less efficient with more power. the more woofers and voice coils the easier it is to produce bass.
post #9409 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMJ View Post

Therefore, was gonna pull the trigger for 2 fv15hps but lately have been listening to alot of music and was just curious (maybe thinking twice) about the sealed 15 route. Seems like Rythmik is close or perhaps have already figured out the shipping scenario for F25s, so I just wanted to feel the water of any potential or current owners of the f25. 2 of the those bad boys or 2 of the fv15hps? Its probably a win win but by nature I over research everything. I'll hit up Brian to see what he has to say. Thanks in advance for any ideas and opinions. mj

I have an LV12R for review, which is also ported, and I don't think it does bad with music at all. The FV15HP is a better sub then the LV12R is, so I would imagine it would do even better.
post #9410 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post

I have an LV12R for review, which is also ported, and I don't think it does bad with music at all. The FV15HP is a better sub then the LV12R is, so I would imagine it would do even better.

Can't wait for that lv12r full review jim:D
post #9411 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP24 View Post

Another test of a sub, but of a different sort altogether, is the ability to reproduce a group of varied instruments that all contain bass frequencies, keeping their individual timbre and timing intact. Recordings of Baroque-era Classical music contain the sounds of stand-up Bass, Cello, Pipe Organ, Piano, Harpsichord, Bass and Baritone Male Vocals, and the acoustics of the recording venue. To keep the threads of a densely woven musical fabric separate is hard enough, but to do so and keep the individual characteristic of each thread is asking a lot more from a sub than merely (!) going low and loud. A speaker that allows one to hear not only the timbre of an instrument, but also the touch, timing, and technique of it's player is a speaker qualified to be called musical. The more complex the sound contained in a recording, the harder it is to reproduce.

Agreed, I just don't know of any recordings like that (I'm more of a metal-head myself). Any suggestions for some good material like that?
post #9412 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33 View Post

Can't wait for that lv12r full review jim:D

I've actually put it through most of the testing already, and have all my notes, so it's a matter of getting the time to write the actual review. I've even taken all the pictures I need to, so it won't be long now.
post #9413 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post

I've actually put it through most of the testing already, and have all my notes, so it's a matter of getting the time to write the actual review. I've even taken all the pictures I need to, so it won't be long now.

That's good to hear! Overall were u happy with the sub? I watched man with the iron fists last night and it really pushed my lv12r to a level I haven't brought it to yet! I'm still running it 3dbs hot and 55% on the on the sub. I only had it up to -24 on my reciever bit it still just pounded and I'm proud to report no chuffing or distortion of any kind. (Except my windows... they sounded like they were some how distorting:p)
post #9414 of 15163
Anyone tried talking to this company on the phone? I have tried calling, and I get no answers or someone saying I have to call another number. Then when I call its no answer again with no option for a voicemail. I may have to look else where for a sub...
post #9415 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcG704 View Post

Anyone tried talking to this company on the phone? I have tried calling, and I get no answers or someone saying I have to call another number. Then when I call its no answer again with no option for a voicemail. I may have to look else where for a sub...


Ya the first few times I called I got some voicemail I couldn't even understand. Tried an email but finally he answered my phon call and emailed me back. If everyone had the customer Service ascend acoustics had there would never be a contact issue
post #9416 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcG704 View Post

Anyone tried talking to this company on the phone? I have tried calling, and I get no answers or someone saying I have to call another number. Then when I call its no answer again with no option for a voicemail. I may have to look else where for a sub...

Don't let that discourage you - baseline your perception of Brian's/Rythmik's product and service from all the first-hand accounts here within this thread. It's not your typical brick and mortar store. Several busy dudes at work. Email works best and typically they give you a phone number to call direct with and I always got a person to answer and/or call me back etc.
You are not the first to mention this however - yet it's not the norm and not intentional etc. :-)

Cheers
post #9417 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33 View Post

That's good to hear! Overall were u happy with the sub?

My lips are sealed. For now, anyway... wink.gif
post #9418 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post

My lips are sealed. For now, anyway... wink.gif

Very understandable
post #9419 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33 View Post

Very understandable

Try slipping him a benjamin maybe that will help wink.gif
post #9420 of 15163
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcG704 View Post

Anyone tried talking to this company on the phone? I have tried calling, and I get no answers or someone saying I have to call another number. Then when I call its no answer again with no option for a voicemail. I may have to look else where for a sub...

Again as stated by others, this is not the norm and Brian and Enrico are excellent. They are busy making (excellent) subs and will respond to you eventually. Be patient!

Jeff
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers › Official Rythmik Audio Subwoofer thread