or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Anthem AV receiver at CES?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anthem AV receiver at CES? - Page 26

post #751 of 1261
Can anyone beta-testing any of the MRX series comment on the digital processing part of it? I have an Oppo BDP-83 that I use for SACDs and DVD-Audios that sound so much better via the Analogue outputs in comparison to the digital (HDMI, Coaxial, optical) outputs and I would love to just have the single HDMI cable to my AVR if at all possible. Also, since the MRX 300/500/700 doesn't seem to have a multi-channel in I would have to wait for the MRX 900 which is the only one that might have this...

Thanks!
post #752 of 1261
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO1 View Post

Can anyone beta-testing any of the MRX series comment on the digital processing part of it? I have an Oppo BDP-83 that I use for SACDs and DVD-Audios that sound so much better via the Analogue outputs in comparison to the digital (HDMI, Coaxial, optical) outputs and I would love to just have the single HDMI cable to my AVR if at all possible. Also, since the MRX 300/500/700 doesn't seem to have a multi-channel in I would have to wait for the MRX 900 which is the only one that might have this...

Thanks!

I've listened to my BDP 83 using analog vs. hdmi and frankly I have no idea why anyone would want to spend 1 cent more for analog capability. My testing with my D2v, demonstrates no difference to mine an other's ears. Go with hdmi and let ARC do it's magic and enjoy.
John
post #753 of 1261
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayray View Post

I've listened to my BDP 83 using analog vs. hdmi and frankly I have no idea why anyone would want to spend 1 cent more for analog capability. My testing with my D2v, demonstrates no difference to mine an other's ears. Go with hdmi and let ARC do it's magic and enjoy.
John

Thanks John,

let's hope the MRX series uses some trickle-down technology to achieve a similar result.

Cheers.

Tony
post #754 of 1261
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO1 View Post

Thanks John,

let's hope the MRX series uses some trickle-down technology to achieve a similar result.

Cheers.

Tony

There is always trickle down that the lower end models get for a lot less money
John
post #755 of 1261
Any updates on how the production run is going? Are they cranking them out in China and then sending a shipment to Canada and on to the dealers? I seem to recall somebody mentioned Korea at some point, but I assume that was not correct. Are we talking one week or two until they arrive in North America? Dying for some more details...
post #756 of 1261
Quote:
Originally Posted by favorini View Post

Any updates on how the production run is going? Are they cranking them out in China and then sending a shipment to Canada and on to the dealers? I seem to recall somebody mentioned Korea at some point, but I assume that was not correct. Are we talking one week or two until they arrive in North America? Dying for some more details...

Should be arriving in Canada sometime in the next few days and then shipped out after quality control does their thing.
John
post #757 of 1261
I called my dealer at the begining of the month and he said that they would have them in the third week of Oct. That's pretty soon if his story holds up!
post #758 of 1261
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornchip75 View Post

I called my dealer at the begining of the month and he said that they would have them in the third week of Oct. That's pretty soon if his story holds up!

These kind things are hard to predict and sales guys don't want you to buy something else or go somewhere else. It shouldn't be too long now.
John
post #759 of 1261
Fan noise?
post #760 of 1261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbird View Post

Fan noise?

Are you asking if the MRXs produce a lot of fan noise?
John
post #761 of 1261
Yes, about the fan noise question, Jayray. I've always had a thing about mechanical noise in hi fi equipment--fan noise, sounds of discs spinning on CD, DVD drives, etc. I was wondering if the MRXs were fairly quiet about this.

We recently got an iMac and the thing I like about it best compared to the PC it replaced is that it's not just quiet, it's SILENT.
post #762 of 1261
Agreed, I *hate* fans in consumer electronics. Hopefully the MRXs don't have any fans?
post #763 of 1261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbird View Post

Yes, about the fan noise question, Jayray. I've always had a thing about mechanical noise in hi fi equipment--fan noise, sounds of discs spinning on CD, DVD drives, etc. I was wondering if the MRXs were fairly quiet about this.

We recently got an iMac and the thing I like about it best compared to the PC it replaced is that it's not just quiet, it's SILENT.

It is as quiet as a mouse. Not a whisper so far as I can tell.
John
post #764 of 1261
I was in to my local Anthem dealer looking for nuggets on the receivers soon to be coming out.
They knew absolutely nothing about them.
I was talking specs with the guy and I think he actually learned a thing or two.
Someone here on AVS had mentioned the 3rd week in October as potential delivery date, but if my experience at my local Anthem dealer is any indication, I'd expect delays.
I would think that if any of these units were going to be shipped in the next week to 10 days, the dealers should at least know some basics.
post #765 of 1261
Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk112000 View Post

I was in to my local Anthem dealer looking for nuggets on the receivers soon to be coming out.
They knew absolutely nothing about them.
I was talking specs with the guy and I think he actually learned a thing or two.
Someone here on AVS had mentioned the 3rd week in October as potential delivery date, but if my experience at my local Anthem dealer is any indication, I'd expect delays.
I would think that if any of these units were going to be shipped in the next week to 10 days, the dealers should at least know some basics.

I suspect it may be related to whether they have any on preorder. My dealer knows about them.
John
post #766 of 1261
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayray View Post

I suspect it may be related to whether they have any on preorder. My dealer knows about them.
John

Same here. He expects to have a couple in for the showroom in mid-November if not earlier. Stereo Plus in Orleans, Ontario.

Cheers.
post #767 of 1261
Anyone in the Mississauga, Toronto area who is interested in an MRX receiver, can pm me since my dealer is getting some 500 and 700 models in soon and they are not all spoken for.
John
post #768 of 1261
Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk112000 View Post

I was in to my local Anthem dealer looking for nuggets on the receivers soon to be coming out.
They knew absolutely nothing about them.
I was talking specs with the guy and I think he actually learned a thing or two.
Someone here on AVS had mentioned the 3rd week in October as potential delivery date, but if my experience at my local Anthem dealer is any indication, I'd expect delays.
I would think that if any of these units were going to be shipped in the next week to 10 days, the dealers should at least know some basics.

Most Dealers are just that: they sell the equipment. It is usually only the maniacal hobbysists who need to know all of the facts and specifications prior to newly released AV equipment hiting the dealer's showroom.

My Anthem dealer has a dozen units on order, but I gave him a copy of the manual last week. He does not have the time to follow this or other Anthem threads. That is my job (I mean hobby)......
post #769 of 1261
Lets face it guys these receivers won't be available till the middle of November at the earliest. Forget about the third week of this month.
post #770 of 1261
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorky View Post

Lets face it guys these receivers won't be available till the middle of November at the earliest. Forget about the third week of this month.

Don't be so sure
John
post #771 of 1261
How about this!
LL
post #772 of 1261
It's here powering a Paradigm Millenia Hybrid system with an Ultracube 10 and a Sony XBRHX909. Killer piece. We have the MRX-700.
post #773 of 1261
Interface is fantastic, sharp and combines a bunch of their usual adjustments like video configurations and movie/music bass management. So far, sonically fantastic.
post #774 of 1261
Quote:
Originally Posted by amblinfan View Post

Interface is fantastic, sharp and combines a bunch of their usual adjustments like video configurations and movie/music bass management. So far, sonically fantastic.

Is this in a dealer location or in your home?
John
post #775 of 1261
Ya know, now we want more pictures. Especially of what the interface looks like. You just whet our appetite, now we want more!
Peter
post #776 of 1261
Hey amblinfan,

Can you take the cover off and get some pix of the guts? We are dying for some technical info on DACs, video processor, power supply, etc.

P.S. I have a friend who lives in Gallitzin, which he refers to as "Gateway to Altoona."
post #777 of 1261
Quote:
Originally Posted by favorini View Post

Hey amblinfan,

Can you take the cover off and get some pix of the guts? We are dying for some technical info on DACs, video processor, power supply, etc.

Sounds like a request from an Anthem Competitor
post #778 of 1261
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhankz View Post

Sounds like a request from an Anthem Competitor

Taking the top of new toys sounds like 99.99% of the people on this forum, we love gadget p0rn.

Daniel.
post #779 of 1261
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhankz View Post

Sounds like a request from an Anthem Competitor

Shhh! Don't tell. Sadly, I'm far from it. I've been waiting since this summer when I bought my Paradigm speaker set up to get rid of my 20-year old Sony Pro Logic receiver, so I can finally join the digital revolution. You'll have to pardon my eagerness.
post #780 of 1261
Quote:
Originally Posted by favorini View Post

Shhh! Don't tell. Sadly, I'm far from it. I've been waiting since this summer when I bought my Paradigm speaker set up to get rid of my 20-year old Sony Pro Logic receiver, so I can finally join the digital revolution. You'll have to pardon my eagerness.

If you own Paradigm - then you need to own Anthem

The owner with the picture said it was So far, sonically fantastic.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Anthem AV receiver at CES?