Well, I was finally able to get them tested. And all I have to say is, "WOW".
I only had them clamped--no acousta-stuf or gasket tape--I just wanted to hear them and see if I put the crossovers together correctly. I guess I did, because they sounded amazing.
Never mind the strap on the right speaker. Stupid Harbor Freight clamp broke...
Now I really understand what the whole imaging thing is and how some people go without center channels. And this is hooked up to an old KLH receiver I had in the garage, playing mp3's and some streaming of Pandora from my Droid (also what I've used for pictures). Rock sounded good. Classical over Pandora sounded even better. My favorite classical song was first; Mars by Gustav Holst, part of the Planets collection. I could pick out each section. In my fancy test room of the garage. Amazing.
Then I took everything apart and laid stuff out to glue the baffles on. I used a large piece of egg-crate foam to distribute the weight, just in case things weren't perfect.
I stacked the weight, made sure nothing shifted and the baffles remained square, and turnd off the lights.
I'm a happy camper
I feel spoiled by one of the cheapest diy kits out there. Can't wait to get them finished and into the theater for good.