or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › 2 Channel Audio › Let's see pics of your stereo setup!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Let's see pics of your stereo setup! - Page 4

post #91 of 847
This is only a 2ch setup (with A/B/C/D/E speaker switching) Mostly for testing and not serious listening.

post #92 of 847
I don't think you have enough speakers
post #93 of 847
I would love to fire up the Infinity's with my Krell!!! Fun!
post #94 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsum View Post

This is only a 2ch setup (with A/B/C/D/E speaker switching) Mostly for testing and not serious listening.

OK, I'll bite. - What do you use for serious listening?
post #95 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWind View Post

OK, I'll bite. - What do you use for serious listening?

The big Infinities and these two diy pairs (after some tweaking to fit my room and preference) are in frequent rotation in my main room.
post #96 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsum View Post

The big Infinities and these two diy pairs (after some tweaking to fit my room and preference) are in frequent rotation in my main room.

You have some beautiful speakers. Even more important, I bet they all sound great. Is there a thread about your diy builds? Are they Selah Audio kits? If so, a litte info on the mid and woofer sizes and did you make your own cabinates?
post #97 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsum View Post

This is only a 2ch setup (with A/B/C/D/E speaker switching) Mostly for testing and not serious listening.

What are you testing?

Frank
post #98 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel9992 View Post

What are you testing?

Frank

Testing for flat response and room nodes with wall treatments and bass traps (not shown in pic). Some speakers ( Infinity, SSR,) benefit from acoustic treatments more than others (Boston Acoustics, Excel monitor). A 2 db cut-boost switch in the highs and mids can be very helpful in some rooms-speaker locations.
post #99 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWind View Post

You have some beautiful speakers. Even more important, I bet they all sound great. Is there a thread about your diy builds? Are they Selah Audio kits? If so, a litte info on the mid and woofer sizes and did you make your own cabinates?

I don't buy new speakers anymore, all are bought used locally, or as DIY kits. You have a good eye, three pairs are Selah Audio designs, SSR, Carnelian and FEA. A friend with a custom wood shop builds the cabs (i never saw how, i just hand him the schematics). I just need a new mic and some good measurement software.
post #100 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsum View Post

I don't buy new speakers anymore, all are bought used locally, or as DIY kits. You have a good eye, three pairs are Selah Audio designs, SSR, Carnelian and FEA. A friend with a custom wood shop builds the cabs (i never saw how, i just hand him the schematics). I just need a new mic and some good measurement software.

Behringer ACM8000...cheap but perfectly great measurement mic. I use the DBX RTA-M, but it's no better than the Behringer mic.

Room EQ Wizard is a fantastic piece of measuring software, and it's absolutely free. Can't beat that.

Frank
post #101 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema mad View Post

Amazing looking speakers and theatre BTW, your MLBs are omni Directional yes.. I have been to the MBL site before after coming accross pic of The MBL 101 X-treme & wondering what /how they worked..

When you went from 2 channel to HT surround did you make any preference to your listning enviroment /room Acoustics towards 2 channel/HT or somewhere in the middel..

Cheers...

Sorry, I missed this post....

Yes the MBLs are essentially omnidirectional.

As for my room: I am a long time audiophile/music lover so when I renoed my 2 channel listening room (which was also a living room) into a home theater room as well, I designed so that I could still indulge my 2 channel addiction.

The room was designed with an acoustician consulting. It sounds excellent for both HT surround sound and for 2 channel listening.

I don't actually use the MBLs for home theater, just for 2 channel listening, so they are usually outside the home theater room - I put them in when I want to listen to them.

I have wonderful speakers doing home theater duties - Hales Transcendence monitors and center channel. Still, I'm a tube-amp kinda guy and I ran an extra pair of L/R speaker wires into the home theater room, from my music rack so I could power the L/R speakers with my tube amplification.

I listen to either my L/R Hales speakers hooked up to my tube amps, or the MBLs. Sometimes other speakers (I have some Waveform monitors). I had too many speakers in the house and had to get rid of some recently - Audio Physic Scorpios, some Meadowlark monitors, etc.

Cheers,
post #102 of 847
Nothing outrageous but still I love this setup...

Technics SB-2440s

Technics SB-2440s

Marantz 2216B


That's about it...
post #103 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumaMMXII View Post

Nothing outrageous but still I love this setup...

Technics SB-2440s

Technics SB-2440s

Marantz 2216B


That's about it...

Oh, nice! A piece of Vintage Gear! I have a Marantz 2238b I'm just about finished working on. All that's left is lamp replacement and it will be back at its full glory.
I love vintage gear!
I'm not going to use the Marantz for any serious listening or what have you. I'm waiting to get my hands on a vintage TOTL unit to build a complete vintage system on, which will be used for listening.
I have a very nice Music/HT set up as my daily driver, but there is something about the sound of the vintage gear that today's modern gear can't reproduce.
post #104 of 847
Here's my ESS AMT-1s and my Pioneer SX-737 being fed from a Hitachi HT-353.



Sounds GREAT.
post #105 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcoolic View Post

Here's my ESS AMT-1s and my Pioneer SX-737 being fed from a Hitachi HT-353.Sounds GREAT.

The Pioneer SX-737 is a great receiver. I had its predecessor (SX-3700) for many years until it blew from extended severe abuse (not by me) at a party in the early 90's. I replaced it with an Adcom separate tuner/preamp and amp at the time based upon a recommendation from a friend. The Adcom was a very large audio investment for me at the time and I always thought it sounded flat compared to the SX-737. I definitely would have fixed the Pioneer if I had to do that over again because I never warmed to the sound of the Adcom.

The tuner in the SX-3700 was amazing -- it had a hybrid analog/digital readout and once it locked on a station you could manually tune very far off the frequency almost to the next station and it would lock back to that station -- the Adcom tuner was poor in comparison. If the SX-737 has a similar tuner section, I'll bet it works very well. Hold on to that receiver and enjoy it.
post #106 of 847
Yes, it is definitely a keeper.
post #107 of 847
This is the main system earlier this year
LL
post #108 of 847


Preamps:
(Both Chinese-made headphone amps that double as pre-amps)
Little-Dot II+ (replaced stock EF92/4P1S tubes with Mullard EF92/ Svetlana 4P1L)
Little-Dot II++ (replaced stock EF92/6C19 with Mullard CV4015/ Svetlana 6C19N-B)

Amps:
(Similar design, basically the home/pro versions of each other)
Yamaha M-2 (1979-1982) 240+240wpc @ 8ohms, 20hz-30Khz, .005% THD
Yamaha P2201 (1976) 230+230wpc @8ohms, 1Khz, .05% THD

Speakers:
JBL L150 (1979-1982)
JBL L100T (1985-1988)
post #109 of 847
post #110 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotNoRice View Post



Preamps:
(Both Chinese-made headphone amps that double as pre-amps)
Little-Dot II+ (replaced stock EF92/4P1S tubes with Mullard EF92/ Svetlana 4P1L)
Little-Dot II++ (replaced stock EF92/6C19 with Mullard CV4015/ Svetlana 6C19N-B)

Amps:
(Similar design, basically the home/pro versions of each other)
Yamaha M-2 (1979-1982) 240+240wpc @ 8ohms, 20hz-30Khz, .005% THD
Yamaha P2201 (1976) 230+230wpc @8ohms, 1Khz, .05% THD

Speakers:
JBL L150 (1979-1982)
JBL L100T (1985-1988)

do you often use those "vases" when listening to music?
post #111 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by boulderdashcci View Post


I have that receiver.
post #112 of 847
Cool, I just got it about a week ago and I really like it so far. Way more detailed then what I had before it.
post #113 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoostil View Post

do you often use those "vases" when listening to music?

I almost threw up laughing so hard. I didn't catch the "vases" until you pointed it out. I was to busy looking at all of the dust on the speakers. Please for the love of sound clean them off!!!!
post #114 of 847


Speakers: Salk HT1-TL
Amp: McIntosh MC-252
Pre/Dac: Peachtree Nova
Source: Airtunes using airport express -- mostly lossless...

Definitely loving the combination...sorry for the crappy iphone picture!
post #115 of 847
my system:




CAL Delta CD transport / Wadia iTranport iPod dock
Proceed AVP processor
Digital cable box
Carver M1.5t amp (350w x2)
LINN Keilidh speakers
Transparent MusicWave Plus Bi-wire speaker wire and interconnects.

the CAL, Wadia and cable box (for local FM stations) are all digital outs to the AVP. no analog inputs.
post #116 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron.garrett View Post



Speakers: Salk HT1-TL
Amp: McIntosh MC-252
Pre/Dac: Peachtree Nova
Source: Airtunes using airport express -- mostly lossless...

Definitely loving the combination...sorry for the crappy iphone picture!

You sure know how to make a person jealous
post #117 of 847
How about some of you guys investing in Pledge and wipe the dust off.
post #118 of 847
Maybe lay off the "vase" for at least a half a day so you can get up enough motivation to do it.
post #119 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayPaganJr View Post

How about some of you guys investing in Pledge and wipe the dust off.

the lens or the gear?
post #120 of 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes View Post

I almost threw up laughing so hard. I didn't catch the "vases" until you pointed it out. I was to busy looking at all of the dust on the speakers. Please for the love of sound clean them off!!!!

I laughed so hard a tear came to my eye. "vases" that is classic.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 2 Channel Audio
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › 2 Channel Audio › Let's see pics of your stereo setup!