or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Emotiva BAd international customer services !
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Emotiva BAd international customer services !

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
Im so mad. I send a quote request on december 5 to buy one XPA-5 and 1 XPA-2. Afther 3 mail and 40 days im not able to BUY SOMETING from them !!

It take like 12 days betwen each of my email to get a awnser.
Afther that they just tell me they cannot give me the rebate from chritmas saving on XPA-5 even if a get a quote from them with the rebate !?

tell me if im wrong but when you offer a international services just make sure you can give it
post #2 of 24
And you think people in this forum can help somehow? Or you just wanted to complain?
post #3 of 24
During the last holiday sale, I sent in a request for a quote around Dec 30th I think, and did not get an answer the next day so I just called them. They picked up, I ordered and then 11 days after, fedex knocked on my door with my xpa-3 and erc-1. I did have to email them a request for a tracking number though, and they emailed me first thing the next business day. Overall my experience was pretty good. Plus I love the awesome packaging. Double boxed and molded foam for protection.
post #4 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyH View Post

During the last holiday sale, I sent in a request for a quote around Dec 30th I think, and did not get an answer the next day so I just called them. They picked up, I ordered and then 11 days after, fedex knocked on my door with my xpa-3 and erc-1. I did have to email them a request for a tracking number though, and they emailed me first thing the next business day. Overall my experience was pretty good. Plus I love the awesome packaging. Double boxed and molded foam for protection.

Just curious about how much the brokerage/duties was? Which shipping company do they use?
post #5 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman View Post

And you think people in this forum can help somehow? Or you just wanted to complain?

Awww, come on Michael, be fair. If the contents of the post are legit, there's nothing wrong with wanting a hard copy that would give his total costs including shipping to Canada. If you're going to do business on the web, then you're obligated to provide timely replies. All he's trying to do is use the web to put some public pressure on Emotiva. It's not that any one individual can help, it's that a public disclosure may provide the impetus for them to deal in a forthright manner with his inquiry.
post #6 of 24
Sure, but everytime someone starts one of these threads, a flame war errupts with people choosing sides. And sometimes we are not getting the whole story.

If his post somehow gets Emotiva to change something they are doing and make the OP happy, more power to him. But you know how people react to these threads.
post #7 of 24
I attempted to purchase an emotiva amp around the same time as the OP. I didn't fiddle around with email since I know how long that can take let alone when an office is in the middle of their big Christmas promotion.

I used the phone and got a real live person quite quickly answered my questions and I had the amp in short order. I wouldn't trust email for any larger purchases at all. Just my 2 cents.
post #8 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman View Post

Sure, but everytime someone starts one of these threads, a flame war errupts with people choosing sides. And sometimes we are not getting the whole story.

If his post somehow gets Emotiva to change something they are doing and make the OP happy, more power to him. But you know how people react to these threads.

Yeah, I know, hence I'd said if the story is legit. Frankly, I don't see why this is an issue of taking sides. If a company has X ways of communicating with them then there should be X ways of getting a timely reply. If there isn't then the company ought to figure out just how they can achieve greater customer satisfaction.
post #9 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

Yeah, I know, hence I'd said if the story is legit. Frankly, I don't see why this is an issue of taking sides. If a company has X ways of communicating with them then there should be X ways of getting a timely reply. If there isn't then the company ought to figure out just how they can achieve greater customer satisfaction.

They were incredible with me so far. I am in Sweden, and they were flawless in getting my MPS-2 to me. Then I called them because I stripped a couple screws on th back, and they sent me new screws. What more could you ask for!
post #10 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd I/O View Post

Just curious about how much the brokerage/duties was? Which shipping company do they use?

This was for the XPa-3 and the ERC-1. They used fedex international ground through fedex trade network.


Cost of Products: 838

Duties 6.5%: 54.47

Brokerage Fees: 33

Subtotal: 925.47


GST 5%: 46.27

Freight: 110.87

Subtotal: 157.14


Total: 1,082.61
post #11 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

If a company has X ways of communicating with them then there should be X ways of getting a timely reply. If there isn't then the company ought to figure out just how they can achieve greater customer satisfaction.

I will have to agree.
post #12 of 24
I would have to respectfully disagree. It's never that easy in real world situations.

If an establishment is getting walk ins, phone calls and emails that all tax their resources for the month of December do you think they can make the walk ins or callers wait on hold while they make quotes for emails? In my experience, emails are always at the bottom of the priority list because they don't need to be handled immediately. Simply picking up the phone and asking for a quote solves this.

And there is no point in hiring extra help for 3 or 4 weeks to only lay them off when things slow down in January, it would take longer than that to get them trained.
post #13 of 24
You've got one chance to make a first impression. Don't blow it. A pissed off customer costs sales.
post #14 of 24
Unless you have a bad history with them they would have sold to you. Enjoy the vent.
post #15 of 24
He should have just called.

I used to order satellite gear out of Quebec for my personal use, it is not that expensive to drop a dime...
post #16 of 24
If I were a mod I'd delete the useless thread. The OP has three posts and will probably not be heard from again, not to mention it's a bunch of rubbish.
post #17 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by croseiv View Post

If I were a mod I'd delete the useless thread. The OP has three posts and will probably not be heard from again, not to mention it's a bunch of rubbish.

One man's rubbish...
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by croseiv View Post

If I were a mod I'd delete the useless thread. The OP has three posts and will probably not be heard from again, not to mention it's a bunch of rubbish.

Agreed. Or at least change the title of the thread. My experience was totally different. Went to the Emo web site clicked on International orders then "Get a quote". Received a quote back by email the next day. Ordered about 4 days later and the Amp showed up at my door 8 days later. Pretty simple for an international order with no issues whatsoever and I got the Xmas sale price.
post #19 of 24
Thread Starter 
Humm i will explain my case i little more. Im from Québec in Canada and i speak french. so the email service is my only option.

i will also tell you that i made 2 quote. but i never get a awnser for the second one.

For now i just find someone in my contry that sell a used one so i will go with that option. But again i understand that they get more popular and that they got a hard time this winter with their rebate but 12 days for awnsering a mail is unacceptable at least for me.

Still waiting afther my last email to them .. 6 days ...now.
post #20 of 24
You would probably have a lot better luck getting your concerns addressed if you posted this to the Emotiva forum instead of the AVS forum.
post #21 of 24
post #22 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamyBoy View Post

Humm i will explain my case i little more. Im from Québec in Canada and i speak french. so the email service is my only option.

i will also tell you that i made 2 quote. but i never get a awnser for the second one.

For now i just find someone in my contry that sell a used one so i will go with that option. But again i understand that they get more popular and that they got a hard time this winter with their rebate but 12 days for awnsering a mail is unacceptable at least for me.

Still waiting afther my last email to them .. 6 days ...now.

You should go here
post #23 of 24
I have bad experience with Emotiva
post #24 of 24
Any company with a significant custoemr base is going to have a few bad experiences. I am sure Emotiva would like this resolved as well.

Not to argue anything that has been said, but I will note that I have had numerous problems over the years with emails that get lost for reasons like server crashes, glitches at the ISP, etc. Email delivery is NOT assured 100%. Don't get me started on USPS... Depending on the time I have, I wil usually wait a couple of days and if I don;t hear back resend the email. After that, I'll call. The OP's language barrier may be an issue; does a friend speak enough English to explain the problem, or just ask them to look at the email? For that matter, how about somebody here volunteering to accept the email and call Emo on the OP's behalf? I might can do that tomorrow -- have to leave for a meeting now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Receivers, Amps, and Processors
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › Receivers, Amps, and Processors › Emotiva BAd international customer services !