or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › 2 Channel Audio › B&W 805 advice
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

B&W 805 advice - Page 3

post #61 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray View Post

Like minds run in packs??
Grunt mentality at its best, reinforcing an insult is always good form online

You seem pretty good at that game yourself. Accusing others of it is hypocritical to say the least.
post #62 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by aazeez1975 View Post

Now that's how one sells snake oil

Looks like azeez needs more light

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekhd View Post

Switching to Audio Research preamp (Reference 3) or Audio Research CD player (CD2) shown below won't change the sound characteristics of the tweeter.
Preamp

CDP

My advice to anyone reading this thread would be to not take jpjibberjabber's posts seriously.

I'm glad you posted this. It utterly, completely, totally emphasizes the reality that these charts do not detail the differences observed when combining certain types of gear with speakers. No experience? No problem, throw a graph up that shows tweeter response when we're talking overall sonic signature.

I would expect that actual experience would be appreciated, but on here (of course) it's dismissed as a sales pitch.

This AVS reality is core to my theory that this seemingly unimpeachable empirical data that you and others like to trot out tells part of the story, and part of it only. Anyone that thinks they can get a grip on the sonic differences imparted by swapping certain sources and pre/pros by chucking a graph up on the screen is sadly uninformed. But that's OK; what they eat doesn't make me $hit.
post #63 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray View Post

Like minds run in packs??
Grunt mentality at its best, reinforcing an insult is always good form online

No, listening to equipment is good form - that is if you actually want to know what it sounds like. Crazy huh.

Quote:


Now, if we could only get some of you to pass grade 8 science class, then you could actually improve your setups.

I like how you think this isn't insulting.

Quote:


lol, the lazy guy is the one that never works on improving themselves. Hmmmm.....

Again, not insulting? Where's your evidence online that proves your point, seeing as that's all you need to get by?

I know your type, and it isn't a savory thing.
post #64 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpjibberjabber View Post

Looks like azeez needs more light

Not insulting?

Quote:


I'm glad you posted this. It utterly, completely, totally emphasizes the reality that these charts do not detail the differences observed when combining certain types of gear with speakers.

It details far more on the differences expected when combining Audio Research gear with speakers than your posts so far.

Quote:


No experience? No problem, throw a graph up that shows tweeter response when we're talking overall sonic signature.

Changing subject now? Is the focus not on so called "bright" / "fatiguing" sound characteristics? Ah, yes, it's the moving target.
By the way, all graphs I posted show the entire audio band and then some, not just tweeter's.

Quote:


I would expect that actual experience would be appreciated, but on here (of course) it's dismissed as a sales pitch.

It's impossible to duplicate on internet forum the experience of viewing the merchandise in person, isn't it?

Quote:


This AVS reality is core to my theory that this seemingly unimpeachable empirical data that you and others like to trot out tells part of the story, and part of it only. Anyone that thinks they can get a grip on the sonic differences imparted by swapping certain sources and pre/pros by chucking a graph up on the screen is sadly uninformed. But that's OK; what they eat doesn't make me $hit.

Are you not able to provide any information on why switching to Audio Research gears will be able to change the "bright" / "fatiguing" sound?
post #65 of 159
Guys - slow down...let me make some popcorn first....
post #66 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract67 View Post

Listening with charts and graphs is a lazy man's way of justifying his mediocre gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray View Post

lol, the lazy guy is the one that never works on improving themselves. Hmmmm.....

In case you are making yet another misinformed reference to me, I'll have you know that my entire system and room have changed considerably over the course of the last 18 months. There is nothing at all that remains of the former, even the furniture.

Except for the antique Lazyboy for this lazy guy, I still have this beauty.
post #67 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekhd View Post

By the way, all graphs I posted show the entire audio band and then some, not just tweeter's.

I guess that you will never understand that the graph you posted doesn't equate experience.

Your experience is lacking and it shows.
post #68 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract67 View Post

I guess that you will never understand that the graph you posted doesn't equate experience.

Your experience is lacking and it shows.

Are you also not able to provide any information on why switching to Audio Research gears will or will not change the "bright" / "fatiguing" sound?

Prove that your knowledge in electronics is not lacking.
post #69 of 159
I have nothing I feel I need to prove to you.
post #70 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract67 View Post

I have nothing I feel I need to prove to you.

Point, set, and match to tessract67....
post #71 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract67 View Post

I have nothing I feel I need to prove to you.

I see. So proof is for others but you on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract67 View Post

You insist that if there is a difference, the amp is faulty in some way, without offering any proof of your statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract67 View Post

Proof?


tessy, it's not so bad to admit that you don't understand the relationship between aforementioned electronic gears (amp, preamp, CDP) and tweeter.
post #72 of 159
HD Geek, Have you, or, have you not, made an assertion that the 805 is Bright and Fatiguing? The thread is called "B&W 805 advice,” Correct?.... or is it called, Geek hijacks thread on obscure issue?????????????????? Or, are you just a hater?
post #73 of 159
Quote:


HD Geek, Have you, or, have you not, made an assertion that the 805 is Bright and Fatiguing? The thread is called "B&W 805 advice, Correct?.... or is it called, Geek hijacks thread on obscure issue?????????????????? Or, are you just a hater?

Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.
post #74 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W700guy View Post

HD Geek, Have you, or, have you not, made an assertion that the 805 is Bright and Fatiguing? The thread is called "B&W 805 advice, Correct?.... or is it called, Geek hijacks thread on obscure issue?????????????????? Or, are you just a hater?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulduke69 View Post

I currently have a set of CDM-1's driven with two Bryston 2b-lp amps ...

Question is are the 805's going to have the same bright sonic signature as my CDM-1's?

Here's CDM-1 that OP currntly uses.



Here's 805 he wants to know about.


jpjibberjabber suggests trying Audio Research (without specifics) to make "this complaint tends to go away". <--- Yeah, right.

Why don't you do some legwork yourself and then comment on this thread if you find something. You are barking up the wrong tree. Your issue should be with jpjibberjabber.
post #75 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract67 View Post

Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpjibberjabber View Post

My advice would be to stop listening with white papers and charts.

"Although jpjibberjabber is one of my favorite posters in this forum. "
tessy, looks like an advice from your favorite posters on this forum should be taken seriously, no?
post #76 of 159
Geek, the graph doesn't show this...how many people can hear over 15k? Again, please answer the question.
post #77 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W700guy View Post

Geek, the graph doesn't show this...

What is "this"?
Quote:


how many people can hear over 15k?

Why do you ask?
Quote:


Again, please answer the question.

What do you mean "again"? When did you ask me that before?
post #78 of 159
Arguing how equipment performs from graphs and links and posts is like a virgin saying they know what real sex is like from watching porn.

yeah right.....either listen for yourselves or go wank....
post #79 of 159
Ha, ha!!! I have gotten the impression that he doesn't like B&W's, me, or my system that uses B&W's. So he is projecting (and derailing) in this thread. I suspect that this is the way he conducts himself between wanks.
post #80 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Tracy View Post

Arguing how equipment performs from graphs and links and posts ...

Who did that?

You don't seem to be familiar with available sound measurements nowadays.
Quote:


yeah right.....either listen for yourselves or go wank....

Let your ears decide, right? If you are picking out your preference, sure.
post #81 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekhd View Post

Who did that?

You don't seem to be familiar with available sound measurements nowadays.

Let your ears decide, right? If you are picking out your preference, sure.

Ah yes..the rolling eyes....got it....either you try stuff for yourself...or you're a wanker...
post #82 of 159
Oh! But he has vast experience, just ask him...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=313

Quote:


There are ways to know what you have sounds like. It's through experience of various components and the environments they are set up

Enter wanker smiley >>>
post #83 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekhd View Post

Let your ears decide, right? If you are picking out your preference, sure.

When it comes to the reproduction of sound would I use my nose or eyes instead?

Yes, I rather have a sound I prefer than not and there is only one way to determine that and it is not by looking at a piece of paper.

Here one rule you seem to vastly overlook and it has been known for quite sometime:

Excellent measurements do not always translate to excellent sound!

99.9% of people would listen with their own 2 ears to decide if they like what they hear, you happen to be in that .1% that seems not capable of doing that. I'm sorry.
post #84 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodef View Post

Here one rule you seem to vastly overlook and it has been known for quite sometime:

Excellent measurements do not always translate to excellent sound!

Can you please define "excellent sound"?

Quote:


99.9% of people would listen with their own 2 ears to decide if they like what they hear, you happen to be in that .1% that seems not capable of doing that. I'm sorry.

That's your reply after reading my post "Let your ears decide, right? If you are picking out your preference, sure."?
post #85 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Tracy View Post

Ah yes..the rolling eyes....got it....either you try stuff for yourself...or you're a wanker...

Resorting to trash talk. The usual response of those who can't debate the subject.
post #86 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodef View Post

When it comes to the reproduction of sound would I use my nose or eyes instead?

Yes, I rather have a sound I prefer than not and there is only one way to determine that and it is not by looking at a piece of paper.

Here one rule you seem to vastly overlook and it has been known for quite sometime:

Excellent measurements do not always translate to excellent sound!


This is true. It's also why you see manufacturers using subjective testing to determine what specs are important. Even today they're still tweaking a 'reference curve' to match a system to. Lucky for us most of todays loudspeakers fit into a much more narrow window than in the past, when the sound from various manufacturers used to be all over the place tonally.

I once worked with a speaker manufacturer 10 years back who was utilizing a ribbon tweeter, primarily for pro. The loudspeakers sounded quite flat (the sound as a thin sheet between the speakers), 2 dimensional, really lacking micro detail. The design engineer showed me the measurements and graphs on his laptop, how well the driver could reproduce a square wave, etc. It all looked good on paper but within the overall design all that tech was lost.
post #87 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekhd View Post

It's impossible to duplicate on internet forum the experience of viewing the merchandise in person, isn't it?

I suppose, which is why it's stupid to throw a chart up and expect it to suffice as a replacement.
post #88 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpjibberjabber View Post

I suppose, which is why it's stupid to throw a chart up and expect it to suffice as a replacement.

This is Audio Related section of the forum you know. You should start a "Eye-candy" forum if that's what you want to talk about.
post #89 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekhd View Post

This is Audio Related section of the forum you know. You should start a "Eye-candy" forum if that's what you want to talk about.

Right. Which is why I recommend people pay attention to audible aspects of equipment combinations, not isolated graphs. Put a system together as I've recommended vs working so hard to prove that you don't have the experience to counter that recommendation.

And if you're referring to the way AR looks BTW, I don't know anyone that thinks it's "eye candy."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract67 View Post

I suspect that this is the way he conducts himself between wanks.

rofl

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekhd View Post

Resorting to trash talk. The usual response of those who can't debate the subject.

It's all that certain concrete craniums respond to when reason fails. Telling people to find a dealer that will piece together a system for actual audition is far from trash talking, but that level of logic seems to fall on - literally - deaf ears.
post #90 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpjibberjabber View Post

Right. Which is why I recommend people pay attention to audible aspects of equipment combinations, not isolated graphs. Put a system together as I've recommended vs working so hard to prove that you don't have the experience to counter that recommendation.

And if you're referring to the way AR looks BTW, I don't know anyone that thinks it's "eye candy."



rofl



It's all that certain concrete craniums respond to when reason fails. Telling people to find a dealer that will piece together a system for actual audition is far from trash talking, but that level of logic seems to fall on - literally - deaf ears.

Sorry, I forgot one. Trolling, another usual response of those who can't debate the subject.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 2 Channel Audio
AVS › AVS Forum › Audio › 2 Channel Audio › B&W 805 advice