or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official Samsung BD-C6900 3-D Blu-Ray Player Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung BD-C6900 3-D Blu-Ray Player Thread - Page 2

post #31 of 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiplowry View Post

I posted this over at the CNET Samsung forums but thought I'd try here as well:

I recently replaced my living room PS3 with a bluray BD-c6900. The PS3 connected wirelessly and streamed Netflix perfectly. I moved the PS3 into the home office.

The BD uses the same HDMI cable the PS3 was using. After unboxing the new unit, I had to upgrade the firmware before I could Netflix and that went fine.

Unfortunately, the audio is out of sync. Not just on one movie but on everything I've tried. The video leads the audio. As the movie goes on, the lag gets worse. If I pause or stop, it seems to resync for minute then drifts again. I see the same problem whether I'm connected via wired or wireless.

If I stop the movie, and restart on the PS3 in the home office (now on a different TV with a different HDMI cable), the movies streams perfectly.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

I just hooked up my BD-C6900 this morning and the Netflix movie has the same audio video sync problem you describe.
post #32 of 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by richandy View Post

You are correct in saying that it will access the NAS, but it will not play any MKV files. I have tried with all types. It will however play AVI, M2TS, MPEG4.

Have you tried running the Samsung PC Share Manager on your NAS? I have the BD-C5500 and it plays MKV..... I've had hit & miss when using TVersity.
post #33 of 1233
Noticed new firmware (1008) when I got home tonight. Netflix audio sync issue is better but definitely still there.
post #34 of 1233
Here is the response I rcvd from Samsung regarding the reported Netflix audio sync issue.

With reference to your email, we understand you notice there is a audio-video sync issue when watching the movies from the Netflix on your Blu-ray Player. You have already updated the firmware on the player.

We recommend you reset the player to isolate the issue.

Press the STOP button (on front panel) for more than 5 seconds with no disc inside. All settings including the
password will revert to the factory settings.

If you require any further information, please feel free to contact us.


Thank you,

Samsung Online support.
post #35 of 1233
i just ordered mine this morning with the un55c8000, plus the free 3d glasses offer. can wait to try it out! i read with the 3d tv, you can simulate 2-d into 3-d, is that correct?
post #36 of 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi55 View Post

Here is the response I rcvd from Samsung regarding the reported Netflix audio sync issue.

With reference to your email, we understand you notice there is a audio-video sync issue when watching the movies from the Netflix on your Blu-ray Player. You have already updated the firmware on the player.

We recommend you reset the player to isolate the issue.

Press the STOP button (on front panel) for more than 5 seconds with no disc inside. All settings including the
password will revert to the factory settings.

If you require any further information, please feel free to contact us.


Thank you,

Samsung Online support.

Just gave that a shot. No joy. Still have an audio sync issue. Not as bad as with firmware 1005 (now using 1008) but still there.
post #37 of 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredsaint View Post

i just ordered mine this morning with the un55c8000, plus the free 3d glasses offer. can wait to try it out! i read with the 3d tv, you can simulate 2-d into 3-d, is that correct?

Yes, the 7000 and 8000 series can convert 2D to 3D. Please let us know what you think in the 3D forum when you get a chance to try this function out.
post #38 of 1233
Anyone who owns this try the full screen option which gets rid of the black bars on the top and bottom. Does it still look good or does it look stretched. My unit is coming soon and I was curious about this option
post #39 of 1233
I have this Blu-ray player hooked up to my C8000 but has anybody got the resume by memorize position working? If I'm working "9" and I hit "Stop" once it's suppose to memorize my position. I assume this means that when I return (after switching input) I can press play and it's suppose to remember where I left off.

Not seeing that so far.
post #40 of 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiplowry View Post

Noticed new firmware (1008) when I got home tonight. Netflix audio sync issue is better but definitely still there.

Where are the release notes to show what is fixed from these firmware upgrades?
post #41 of 1233
So spoke with Samsung today and they implied that that feature only works reliably with DVDs and not Bluray disks. This on a 3D Bluray player.
post #42 of 1233
Sounds like they were just trying to get you off the phone. You should have never accepted that as an answer.



Quote:
Originally Posted by steffi View Post

So spoke with Samsung today and they implied that that feature only works reliably with DVDs and not Bluray disks. This on a 3D Bluray player.
post #43 of 1233
Yeah but what am I suppose to do? At this point I should be happy that a 3D Bluray player not only plays DVDs but actually plays Bluray discs too ;-)
post #44 of 1233
i've had no issues with it playing any of my blu-ray disc, it's been working flawlessly so far and it loads so fast compared to my old sony bp-360 something which takes about 2-3 minutes even with updated firmware.
post #45 of 1233
I cannot get this player to connect to my wireless access point. I have successfully connected my IPAD, 2 laptops, and a few hard-wired devices are wired to it, using WPA security. I can find my network, I am asked for a security key, which i provided, and it just sits there and eventually gives me the cant connect to wireless ap.

Has to be something I am missing here. I setup nothing in the players connection settings. Kept everything auto, and just tried to connect. Is it possible, the wireless adapter in the 6900 is too weak?

I am going to try and hardwire it tonight if I can get a long cable.
post #46 of 1233
I picked up a 6900 yesterday. Don't need the 3D but thought it'd be nice to have for the future. Set-up was pretty easy.

All the streaming options were part of the reason I was interested in this player. NetFlix set-up was a breeze. However everything I tried to play on NetFlix was out of synch...by a lot. Vudu looks to be a terrific service and the moment I registered I got a notice that I had $5.99 creidit in my account good for my first HDX rental. A nice plus.

The first Blu-ray I tried was Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Squeackual...I know, I know. This title gave my prior player the fits and according to many postings on this board it's a problem on a lot of players. It gave the 6900 a very hard time too. Oh well, must be something wrong with the disc I thought.

Next I tried the first Transformers BD to hear how it sounded. Took a longer than usual time to load. Once it started I tried to Chapter skip a couple of chapters in. The player seemed sluggish to respond and when it did get to the next chapter the audio dropped in and out for 5 or 6 seconds until it seemed to regain it's composure. It did this everytime I either skipped chapters or used the scene selection to jump around. Not instilling tons of confidence in this player.

Next up was Disney's Princess and the Frog. First thing I saw afer loading PATF was the loading icon from Transformers !!! Then PATF loading icon just hung for several minutes. I had to shut down the player and reboot to get it to play. Once I did this it played fine.

At the end of the day I'll probably just pack up and return the player for a refund. Sad as I really liked the streaming options on this player.

Clem
post #47 of 1233
Did you update the firmware? I believe there is a new one, which I haven't used just yet. Apparently it fixes the sync problems with netflix.
post #48 of 1233
Quote:


Did you update the firmware? I believe there is a new one, which I haven't used just yet. Apparently it fixes the sync problems with netflix.

Sure did...
post #49 of 1233
I cannot get MKV's to play either. They show up on the list of files, but it just says not supported and it skips to the next file. It does play my Apple TV encoded movies just fine, just not the mkvs.

I also had issues with the Princess and the Frog Bluray disc. At the menu screen after selecting play, it asks for two options (don't remember what they were) but I selected the normal play option (this is part of the disc not the player), it just started on a loop with distorted audio. I power cycled the player and this fixed the issue. I, however, did not play the entire movie, but rather just the first 10 minutes or so of it in order to evaluate and test the player. As I posted on another thread, I'm having issues playing through the entire MVA 3d Bluray, it will not play the entire movie, it just stops after about 34 minutes into it. It goes back to the DVD Players main menu (where you select what media type you want to view). And the Stop "button" on the player keeps blinking, even after you hit play on the remote and the movie re-starts again from the beginning. I watched MVA last night (or tried to) and had this issue happen 4 times during the movie. I'm on firmware 1008.0. I got a hold of firmware 1005.0 today, I'm going to try and downgrade the firmware to see if it's a firmware issue. Has anybody ever downgraded firmware on a Sammy BD Player? Is it safe to do so? Before I do the downgrade I'm going to try a regular BD movie to see if it just a MVA issue with my player. I have not heard anybody else with this issue and the ones on display at BBuy don't seem to have this issue, but then again I don't know what firmware version they have.

Update:

Mkv's play if sourced from the USB port, but they will not work over the network. Wish samsung would just support SMB shares.
post #50 of 1233
Turned on my 6900 last night and it downloaded a firmware update. Anyone know what's in it?
post #51 of 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdog View Post

Turned on my 6900 last night and it downloaded a firmware update. Anyone know what's in it?

v1009.3 fixes the audio sync problem with Netflix. Also says it supports certain BD movie titles better, doesn't say which ones...
post #52 of 1233
Thread Starter 
CNET just reviewed the player and here is the link:

http://reviews.cnet.com/blu-ray-play...CmoreStories.0
post #53 of 1233
I just picked one of these up today. Can anyone help me with the letterbox feature? This was one of the main reasons I went with Samsung.

I have it set to 16:9 wide and I'm using a Vizio 552XVT. The only blu-ray I have, Master and Commander, still shows the black bars at the top and bottom. Any help would be appreciated in getting Screen Fit to work.
post #54 of 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars99 View Post

I just picked one of these up today. Can anyone help me with the letterbox feature? This was one of the main reasons I went with Samsung.

I have it set to 16:9 wide and I'm using a Vizio 552XVT. The only blu-ray I have, Master and Commander, still shows the black bars at the top and bottom. Any help would be appreciated in getting Screen Fit to work.

It's supposed to. Aspect ratio is 2.35:1. 16:9 wide is only for SDDVD's not Blu-rays. The only way would be to use the TV to "ugghhh" crop and chop it. Besides.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...rs_Go_Away/764

S~
post #55 of 1233
Samsung BD-C6900 Blu-ray Player


Screen Fit
To maximize your viewing experience, to truly feel the power of on-screen portrayals, you need all the picture you can get. With the Screen Fit feature, the BD-C6900 Blu-ray disc player automatically converts 21:9 aspect ratio movies to 16:9 aspect, eliminating those annoying black bands crowding the scenes. Watch movies the way they were meant to be seen--with just one touch of the Screen Fit button.
post #56 of 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars99 View Post

Samsung BD-C6900 Blu-ray Player


Screen Fit
To maximize your viewing experience, to truly feel the power of on-screen portrayals, you need all the picture you can get. With the Screen Fit feature, the BD-C6900 Blu-ray disc player automatically converts 21:9 aspect ratio movies to 16:9 aspect, eliminating those annoying black bands crowding the scenes. Watch movies the way they were meant to be seen--with just one touch of the Screen Fit button.

Hit the "Full Screen" button on the remote, although you'll lose the sides of the picture when zooming in like this.
post #57 of 1233
Um, isn't that just zoom? That doesn't seem like resizing. Am I missing something here? I can't seem to find Screen Fit anywhere in the manual.
post #58 of 1233
Thread Starter 
How many more 3D Blu-ray players do you believe Panasonic has sold compared to Samsung because of the 3D Checkerboard Format? Panasonic offer the 3D Checkerboard as an option while Samsung does not. Over 4 Million 3D ready DLP HDTVs where sold in the US. However, 3D ready DLP sets are only compatible with the 3D Checkerboard Format. Interesting enough, Samsung sold 3D ready DLP sets while Panasonic did not. I guess Panasonic believes in taking care of the customer more than Samsung.
post #59 of 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars99 View Post

Um, isn't that just zoom? That doesn't seem like resizing. Am I missing something here? I can't seem to find Screen Fit anywhere in the manual.

There is no way to fit a 2.35:1 source into a 1.78 area without zooming, chopping, and/or cropping. Contrary to the picture on Samsungs website There is no information/picture behind the black bars.

S~
post #60 of 1233
So is the "automatically fit", etc... portion of their advertisement false?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official Samsung BD-C6900 3-D Blu-Ray Player Thread