or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Video Download Services & Hardware › Netflix Watch Instantly: Gems and Finds
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Netflix Watch Instantly: Gems and Finds - Page 80

post #2371 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C View Post

Also added today- Cabin in the Woods. http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/70112368?strkid=274516730_0_0&trkid=222336&movieid=70112368

I second this. It was a good horror flick with a twist.
post #2372 of 3052
John Dies at the End is also available. I thought it was entertaining but didn't knock my socks off. Think the "thing invading the body" genre has been a bit overdone.
post #2373 of 3052
Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins is up. One of my favorite movies of the '80s. Joel Grey is awesome in this.
post #2374 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins is up. One of my favorite movies of the '80s. Joel Grey is awesome in this.
This is a great film! Thanks for posting, it just went into my queue! smile.gif
post #2375 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

This is a great film! Thanks for posting, it just went into my queue! smile.gif

The action scene by Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the Statue of Liberty
is amazing. Too bad it's not in HD. If it was available on Blu I'd pick this up in a minute.
post #2376 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

The action scene by Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the Statue of Liberty
is amazing. Too bad it's not in HD. If it was available on Blu I'd pick this up in a minute.

The action piece on the Statue of Liberty is not a spoiler in fact it's featured on the movie poster. The scene combines actual footage shot around the Statue of Liberty with a replica of the Statue's torso, head and arm built in Mexico. That said the movie is an entertaining piece of 80's cheese, more nostalgic than anything else. YMMV.
post #2377 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C View Post

Also added today- Cabin in the Woods. http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/70112368?strkid=274516730_0_0&trkid=222336&movieid=70112368

I wish this was better considering the hype.
post #2378 of 3052
Has anyone thought about including Amazon Prime Instant here?
post #2379 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post

The action piece on the Statue of Liberty is not a spoiler in fact it's featured on the movie poster. The scene combines actual footage shot around the Statue of Liberty with a replica of the Statue's torso, head and arm built in Mexico. That said the movie is an entertaining piece of 80's cheese, more nostalgic than anything else. YMMV.
It's a fun movie in the style of "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension" and "Big Trouble in Little China", two more of my alltime favorite films.
post #2380 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Has anyone thought about including Amazon Prime Instant here?

That would be a great idea. I wish the majority of the films they add were NOT mediocre animated kiddie shows (Bob The Builder, etc.).
post #2381 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Has anyone thought about including Amazon Prime Instant here?

May as well start a new thread....maybe the NOT Netflix instant streaming thread....where would you draw the line with all the various streaming services?
post #2382 of 3052
A few I had been planning on recommending ..

30 for 30: Broke .. how rich athletes quickly go broke after retirement

Beauty Is Embarrassing .. a great story on Wayne White who you probably never heard of but know

Lay the Favorite ..

This Must Be the Place .. just a great, off beat Sean Penn performance

Copper .. an excellent BBC 1800's crime series
post #2383 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

A few I had been planning on recommending ..

30 for 30: Broke .. how rich athletes quickly go broke after retirement

Beauty Is Embarrassing .. a great story on Wayne White who you probably never heard of but know

Lay the Favorite ..

This Must Be the Place .. just a great, off beat Sean Penn performance

Copper .. an excellent BBC 1800's crime series

Why are you shouting? The battery on your hearing aid go out? tongue.gif

That 30 for 30:Broke episode was pretty good. I had rented the disc for Lay the Favorite but waay too much centered on gambling to keep my interest. Have Beauty Is Embarassing in queue, will check out This Must Be the Place, don't think I've seen that.
post #2384 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

Why are you shouting? The battery on your hearing aid go out? tongue.gif

That 30 for 30:Broke episode was pretty good. I had rented the disc for Lay the Favorite but waay too much centered on gambling to keep my interest. Have Beauty Is Embarassing in queue, will check out This Must Be the Place, don't think I've seen that.

Although the battery is a little low, if I really wanted to shout, I'd have put it all in caps .. wink.gif ..

Maybe I need a new bifocal script as well .. eek.gif
post #2385 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

It's a fun movie in the style of "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension" and "Big Trouble in Little China", two more of my alltime favorite films.

Speaking of which The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension is available (and has been since March 2012), expiring on June 1st. No HD or 5.1 sound (though it's Super HD in the UK region). Excellent, quirky action adventure sci-fi spoof starring Peter Weller, John Lithgow, Ellen Barkin, Christopher Lloyd and Jeff Goldblum, all 29 years younger smile.gif.

Strange that no one's mentioned it in this thread and that I missed it being added. I'd have watched if I'd known. I still have the chance smile.gif.
post #2386 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

Why are you shouting? The battery on your hearing aid go out? tongue.gif

That 30 for 30:Broke episode was pretty good. I had rented the disc for Lay the Favorite but waay too much centered on gambling to keep my interest. Have Beauty Is Embarassing in queue, will check out This Must Be the Place, don't think I've seen that.

im not a gambler but i loved lay the favorite... spunky!
post #2387 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

May as well start a new thread....maybe the NOT Netflix instant streaming thread....where would you draw the line with all the various streaming services?

Maybe change the title of the thread to "Streaming Gems and Finds?"
post #2388 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Maybe change the title of the thread to "Streaming Gems and Finds?"

If we're voting, I'd just as soon leave this thread as is ..

But it might make sense to start a new thread called "Streaming Gems and Finds / Amazon / HULU

I would think that Amazon and HULU would be #2 and #3 on the popularity chart ..
post #2389 of 3052
Assume everyone has seen this, did a brief search for this thread but don't see it... http://www.avsforum.com/t/1470753/netflix-to-nix-nearly-1800-titles
post #2390 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

Speaking of which The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension is available (and has been since March 2012), expiring on June 1st. No HD or 5.1 sound (though it's Super HD in the UK region). Excellent, quirky action adventure sci-fi spoof starring Peter Weller, John Lithgow, Ellen Barkin, Christopher Lloyd and Jeff Goldblum, all 29 years younger smile.gif.

Strange that no one's mentioned it in this thread and that I missed it being added. I'd have watched if I'd known. I still have the chance smile.gif.
A 3-pack Blu-ray release containing all 3 of these films would be nice, with updated audio and re-mastered video of course!
post #2391 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Has anyone thought about including Amazon Prime Instant here?

Obviously a minority perspective, but as these forums are used by residents outside of the US, where Amazon Prime is not available, keeping this Netflix only would be beneficial to international users of the forums and this thread.
post #2392 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

A 3-pack Blu-ray release containing all 3 of these films would be nice, with updated audio and re-mastered video of course!
Buckaroo and Little China are Fox. Remo is Orion (don't know if they still exist or who owns them now.)
post #2393 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyross63 View Post

..Orion (don't know if they still exist or who owns them now.)

MGM.
post #2394 of 3052
If anybody want a good laugh, check out HottieBoombaLottie.

It's kinda an Indie flik that's sooo awkward, it's funny.

It's also in SuperHD and 5.1!
post #2395 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post

MGM.
Didn't MGM go through bankruptcy? Do they still really exist?
post #2396 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyross63 View Post

Didn't MGM go through bankruptcy? Do they still really exist?

They seem fairly alive to me. Also see this; they have 28 film projects in development. They did file for bankruptcy protection in 2010 but survived as a corporation, emerging from bankruptcy after some restructuring.
post #2397 of 3052
Dinotasia was pretty good if you enjoy the CGI dino documentary flicks.
post #2398 of 3052
Crawl is a good Australian thriller (apparently the people who rated it don't like Ozzie films). There's some nice cinematography as well as I like the soundtrack (since it wasn't overpowering or playing all the time).
post #2399 of 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post

Crawl is a good Australian thriller (apparently the people who rated it don't like Ozzie films). There's some nice cinematography as well as I like the soundtrack (since it wasn't overpowering or playing all the time).

I agree. Pretty good.
post #2400 of 3052
Good news. Netflix Original Content Will Likely Double Next Year.


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/23/netflix-original-content_n_3325615.html


I'm waiting to see just how long it will be before they raise the price.



Ian
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Video Download Services & Hardware › Netflix Watch Instantly: Gems and Finds