or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › ATI HD 5000 Series Known Problems (5870 5850 5770 5750 5670 5570 5450)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ATI HD 5000 Series Known Problems (5870 5850 5770 5750 5670 5570 5450) - Page 6

post #151 of 2707
Hi, i have an issue that might be related to EDID...

I have a Philips 47PFL7404H LCD hooked up to a Radeon 5450 (CCC 10.1) via a Yamaha RX-V456 AVR....and I'm really stuck in 60Hz... I had a Radeon 4550 before, and with that I could switch between 23(.976) and 50 for .MKV and PAL DVDs. I just tried removing all drivers and reinstalling them, and then I was able to select whatever I wanted: 23, 24, 25, 30i, 50+++ until I switched the TV off and on again. Right back to 60...

Does it sound like soemthing an EDID override driver would fix...? Thanks :-)

Update: I just found the 10.1 Hotfix for 5400 (feb10) - it seems to have fixed the problem for now.
post #152 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostinsane View Post

I have a Sapphire 5670 and a 94TXH. This is what the supported formats show. Does this mean I can't bitstream either?

The supported formats should show regardless. My issues could be two things (1) as Nimo mentioned could be a firmware issue, I have a feeling I am running an old fw in my Pio so I need to dig around for the latest or (2) an EDID issue. I am confident that the 5670 will work with the Pio (it works with my Onkyo after doing the EDID override) and expect I should have it working tonight. Will report back. Have you tested bitstreaming with your Pio yet?
post #153 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapo View Post

Ok, the full 256 EDID AFAIK. I have no other PC or graphic card. Is there another tip to get the 3rd option "Non-decoded high definition audio to external device" in PowerDVD 9?

You could try the (*) Samsung/Denon AVR988 mod in muy sig. right away.
post #154 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjoroy View Post

Hi, i have an issue that might be related to EDID...

I have a Philips 47PFL7404H LCD hooked up to a Radeon 5450 (CCC 10.1) via a Yamaha RX-V456 AVR....and I'm really stuck in 60Hz... I had a Radeon 4550 before, and with that I could switch between 23(.976) and 50 for .MKV and PAL DVDs. I just tried removing all drivers and reinstalling them, and then I was able to select whatever I wanted: 23, 24, 25, 30i, 50+++ until I switched the TV off and on again. Right back to 60...

Does it sound like soemthing an EDID override driver would fix...? Thanks :-)

Of course it's a driver issue, but an EDID override could help.
post #155 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

The supported formats should show regardless. My issues could be two things (1) as Nimo mentioned could be a firmware issue, I have a feeling I am running an old fw in my Pio so I need to dig around for the latest or (2) an EDID issue. I am confident that the 5670 will work with the Pio (it works with my Onkyo after doing the EDID override) and expect I should have it working tonight. Will report back. Have you tested bitstreaming with your Pio yet?

Your Pioneer issue is weird, Damian. Have you already tried the Denon_MOD anyway? That should rule out an (improbable) EDID issue as the cause of thr problem with bitstreaming.
post #156 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

Your Pioneer issue is weird, Damian. Have you already tried the Denon_MOD anyway? That should rule out an (improbable) EDID issue as the cause of thr problem with bitstreaming.

Which Denon_MOD, the AVR988, the AVR1910, or the AVR1909, or does it even matter? It could very well be a FW issue with the Pio as I have never updated the FW. I am sure the Mrs is going to have an issue with me if she tries to watch a show on the HTPC this morning, I never quite put things back together before I went to bed
post #157 of 2707
You can use any LCD + (Denon or Onkyo) AVR mod available, as we only want to test the bitstreaming of HD audio.
post #158 of 2707
Hi
I've just purchased an Asus 5770 and trying to get hd audio streaming on my system based on Onkyo 607 and Sony 46W4500.
Got both Onkyo and Sony inf files by using moninfo and I attached the files.
Tried to use Tulli's Onkyo 607 mod file posted (even if I assume the tv used in that file is a Samsung).
I installed Realtek 2.39 and can see in the hdmi audio configuration 5.1 channels.
My problem is that picture on the Sony tv is smaller that normal and in the Catalyst (10.1 hotfix) menu there is no way to adjust the overscan. The tv is setted on 1:1.
Maybe Tulli can arrange a proper inf file by using the attached files.
Thanks in advance for that.
I use both TMT3 Platinum (that does not work until patch will be available) and MPC-HC with ffdshow but Onkyo shows onlt DD or DTS and not DD HD or DTS MA. I can hear some pops and distorted audio.

I will investigate more and post news

Thanks

Gianfi

 

ONKYO-SONY.zip 2.01953125k . file
post #159 of 2707
Quick q. for Tulli - is the 5xxx over-ride the same as the one created for the 4xxx series? ie if I upgrade from my current 4650 which is already using an EDID override (I think) I shouldn't have to do it all again?

Thanks!
post #160 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggermcg View Post

Quick q. for Tulli - is the 5xxx over-ride the same as the one created for the 4xxx series? ie if I upgrade from my current 4650 which is already using an EDID override (I think) I shouldn't have to do it all again?

Thanks!

hmm ... which override for the 4xxx series?

Anyway, these overrides for the 5xxxs ALL have in common a single audio block that I took from an Onkyo 906 EDID, which solves bitstreaming issues for DENONs. SONYs & some Onkyos with current ATI drivers.

As for the video part you have a choice from a couple of LCDs, Plasmas or DLPs, and it's just a matter of trying which one won't give you video issues. IF yo run into video issues there's always the chance of a custom override with the specific EDID video data from your specific display device.
post #161 of 2707
hi i have an Samsung synchmaster 245B monitor and denon AVR 4306 receiver, i was wondering if soemone could help me with a EDID Overrides file for me??

thanxs in advance
post #162 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlyholland View Post

hi i have an Samsung synchmaster 245B monitor and denon AVR 4306 receiver, i was wondering if soemone could help me with a EDID Overrides file for me??

thanxs in advance

Have you already tried the (*) Samsung + Denon 988 from my sig.? If not, try that one first and see how it goes. You should bitstream with no problem.

If you already have, have you run into video issues? Which ones?

Is the DENON HDMI set to "AMP" (no Display Device audio pass-through)?
post #163 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

hmm ... which override for the 4xxx series?

Anyway, these overrides for the 5xxxs ALL have in common a single audio block that I took from an Onkyo 906 EDID, which solves bitstreaming issues for DENONs. SONYs & some Onkyos with current ATI drivers.

As for the video part you have a choice from a couple of LCDs, Plasmas or DLPs, and it's just a matter of trying which one won't give you video issues. IF yo run into video issues there's always the chance of a custom override with the specific EDID video data from your specific display device.

OK thanks. Maybe I recalled incorrectly, but I thought at the time the 46xx cards were released some people including me were having problems with the EDID then - vista wouldn't recognise that the amp was connected so gave you no sound.

Someone created an EDID then I thought to fix the problem. Anyway, given I've got a denon amp and a panasonic plasma it looks like one of the EDIDs you've created should work just fine for me once I finally get around to buying a card - have been holding off until TMT3 is upgraded though to get people's experiences from that.
post #164 of 2707
I found another restriction to the 5670 series: I can not modify voltage in BIOS with RBE. What a pity. I have read that cards that follow reference design are not be able to support voltage settings due to a missing voltage regulation chip. Is this true??
post #165 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

You can use any LCD + (Denon or Onkyo) AVR mod available, as we only want to test the bitstreaming of HD audio.

Tulli,

I just applied the Onkyo 906 EDID override for my HTPC connected to my Pio VSX94 and no luck. I am using the following:

HIS 5670
FFDShow 3255
MPC 1.3.1644

Followed the same steps as when I set up the 5670 and my Onkyo. Just to be 100% positive it wasn't a problem with my Pio I connected my PCH A-110 and had no troubles bitstreaming DTS(MA) or True(HD).

Any thoughts on what would be the next step to troubleshoot?
post #166 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

Have you already tried the (*) Samsung + Denon 988 from my sig.? If not, try that one first and see how it goes. You should bitstream with no problem.

If you already have, have you run into video issues? Which ones?

Is the DENON HDMI set to "AMP" (no Display Device audio pass-through)?

Tulli,
I tryed the Samsung + Denon 988 and the video stuck in 30i frequency. No other options (60p) in setup video. I had unistalled and then reinstalled the graphic drivers to revert the problem. I did not test bitstreaming due this display issue.
I have two HD5850 in CFX and I'm using the 10.1 hotfix drivers. Another detail: in my setup, only the ATI HDMI driver shows HDCP support in sound (control panel) while the Realtek one shows "not supported".
Sorry my bad english.
post #167 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Tulli,

I just applied the Onkyo 906 EDID override for my HTPC connected to my Pio VSX94 and no luck. I am using the following:

HIS 5670
FFDShow 3255
MPC 1.3.1644

Followed the same steps as when I set up the 5670 and my Onkyo. Just to be 100% positive it wasn't a problem with my Pio I connected my PCH A-110 and had no troubles bitstreaming DTS(MA) or True(HD).

Any thoughts on what would be the next step to troubleshoot?

Should be a setting in the VSX94 then. Have you checked that HDMI is not set to audio passthrough of the TV in the Pioneer? (You know, the "AMP" setting in Denons).
post #168 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapo View Post

Tulli,
I tryed the Samsung + Denon 988 and the video stuck in 30i frequency. No other options (60p) in setup video. I had unistalled and then reinstalled the graphic drivers to revert the problem. I did not test bitstreaming due this display issue.
I have two HD5850 in CFX and I'm using the 10.1 hotfix drivers. Another detail: in my setup, only the ATI HDMI driver shows HDCP support in sound (control panel) while the Realtek one shows "not supported".
Sorry my bad english.

What kind of display device do you have? LCD, Plasma, Proj., computer monitor? Which model exactly? That problem usually happens when the video data from the Samsung LCD TV on that EDID mod is no good for actual display device.

The "HDCP not supported" on the Realtek driver info window is irrelevant really AFAIK.
post #169 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

Should be a setting in the VSX94 then. Have you checked that HDMI is not set to audio passthrough of the TV in the Pioneer? (You know, the "AMP" setting in Denons).

I will confirm, however, wouldn't the fact that I connected the PCH A110 via hdmi and had no problem bitstreaming HD audio confirm that the HDMI settings are correct?
post #170 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

I will confirm, however, wouldn't the fact that I connected the PCH A110 via hdmi and had no problem bitstreaming HD audio confirm that the HDMI settings are correct?

Ouch, you're right! Missed that fact about the PCH A110.

You get no DTS HD MA & TrueHD? Have you checked that every filter connects OK in MPC-HC?
post #171 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

What kind of display device do you have? LCD, Plasma, Proj., computer monitor? Which model exactly? That problem usually happens when the video data from the Samsung LCD TV on that EDID mod is no good for actual display device.

The "HDCP not supported" on the Realtek driver info window is irrelevant really AFAIK.

My display is a Dell U2410 (HDMI in) hooked up to AVR-590 HDMI out (Boston Acoustics 5.1 speakers). It can work at 1920x1200p (defaut) or 1080p with no issues (CCC scaling).
post #172 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapo View Post

My display is a Dell U2410 (HDMI in) hooked up to AVR-590 HDMI out (Boston Acoustics 5.1 speakers). It can work at 1920x1200p (defaut) or 1080p with no issues (CCC scaling).

Ah, yes!, the U2410. Well, that's a PC monitor. 1920x1200 is not a standard HDTV resolution so I don't know what the Denon will do there.

What happens when you set the Dell to 1920x1080 in CCC? Do you still get "unsupported video format" or something like that, or does it work?
post #173 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

Ouch, you're right! Missed that fact about the PCH A110.

You get no DTS HD MA & TrueHD? Have you checked that every filter connects OK in MPC-HC?

What is the best way to check that? I ran graphstudio and confirm the correct filters are showing up (FFDShow Audio Decoder)
post #174 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

Ah, yes!, the U2410. Well, that's a PC monitor. 1920x1200 is not a standard HDTV resolution so I don't know what the Denon will do there.

What happens when you set the Dell to 1920x1080 in CCC? Do you still get "unsupported video format" or something like that, or does it work?

Yes, I know about HDTV resolution. Denon supports 1080, but I`m running display at 1200p at this moment. No issues with Denon video. I never get "unsupported video format" set CCC scaling to 1080p 60Hz (up and bottom black stripes). It works perfectly .
post #175 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapo View Post

Yes, I know about HDTV resolution. Denon supports 1080, but I`m running display at 1200p at this moment. No issues with Denon video. I never get "unsupported video format" set CCC scaling to 1080p 60Hz (up and bottom black stripes). It works perfectly .

Ok, so the problem is the override. I'll need both 256-byte EDIDs (Dell & Denon) to do a custom mod for you. Follow section 3 from link in my sig.
post #176 of 2707
Tulli, I`ve tryed MPC-HC and last ffdshow beta too, bt the audio config output doesn't show HD formats, only DTS and AC3 standard. I think that EDID override is the solution. It's a "state of art" tweak and I really need your help. I have no other PC or graphic card to get 256 byte EDIDs. Maybe someone in this forum have the U2410 EDID to mix with other "generic" Denon EDID.
post #177 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

Ok, so the problem is the override. I'll need both 256-byte EDIDs (Dell & Denon) to do a custom mod for you. Follow section 3 from link in my sig.

There still is no override for XP (only 7 and Vista) right?
post #178 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

There still is no override for XP (only 7 and Vista) right?

Yes, correct.
post #179 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapo View Post

Tulli, I`ve tryed MPC-HC and last ffdshow beta too, bt the audio config output doesn't show HD formats, only DTS and AC3 standard. I think that EDID override is the solution. It's a "state of art" tweak and I really need your help. I have no other PC or graphic card to get 256 byte EDIDs. Maybe someone in this forum have the U2410 EDID to mix with other "generic" Denon EDID.

I have my Dell 2407WFP, but it's 1920x1200 only. OTH I do have a NEC Monitor EDID with 1920x1080 capaibility. Will look into it and make a mod for you to try. It might work.
post #180 of 2707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

I have my Dell 2407WFP, but it's 1920x1200 only. OTH I do have a NEC Monitor EDID with 1920x1080 capaibility. Will look into it and make a mod for you to try. It might work.

Thanks, Tulli!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › ATI HD 5000 Series Known Problems (5870 5850 5770 5750 5670 5570 5450)