or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › What's Your System Configuration › WudChuK's Klipsch / SVS Setup
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WudChuK's Klipsch / SVS Setup

post #1 of 32
Thread Starter 


Denon AVR-3808 - Receiver
2x Outlaw Audio M-200 Mono Amps
Klipsch RF-7 - FloorStanding L/R
Klipsch RC7 - Center Channel
Klipsch RS52 - Side Surround L/R
2x SVS PB13-U - Subwoofer
Panasonic - TC-P50G10
Sony BDP-S550 - BluRay
PANAMAX MAX-5100 - Line Conditioner/Surge
PS3 /w TVersity Media Server

Comments Welcome.












Stereo Setup, and PC surround setup coming soon...
post #2 of 32
Looks good, I bet those subs pound in that room! Question, have you ever tried swapping the subs with the towers? I used to have my towers a little too close together. I put an extra 4-5' between them, and man what a improvement. Really opened up the stereo imaging. If it's not to much trouble I suggest giving it a shot.
post #3 of 32
Beautiful setup.. Having those 2 svs sub ain't a bit much? The more subs the better (for bragging rights) but those things are powerful, aren't you overwhelmed by the bass?



"No Justice, No peace" .... "If it don't fit, you must acquit" ..... "If No PICS, it does not exist"
post #4 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSE View Post

Looks good, I bet those subs pound in that room! Question, have you ever tried swapping the subs with the towers? I used to have my towers a little too close together. I put an extra 4-5' between them, and man what a improvement. Really opened up the stereo imaging. If it's not to much trouble I suggest giving it a shot.

i did manage to get the wife to help me swap them out... imagine that conversation.... and it seemed to produce a null at the LP. and yes what a difference it made in the dynamics / soundstage with the RF-7's on the outside. "guess can't have everything... hmmmm ---> RF-7's on top of the Subs...."
post #5 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevon27 View Post

Beautiful setup.. Having those 2 svs sub ain't a bit much? The more subs the better (for bragging rights) but those things are powerful, aren't you overwhelmed by the bass?



"No Justice, No peace" .... "If it don't fit, you must acquit" ..... "If No PICS, it does not exist"

maybe i should give you the whole picture of the room, keep in mind this picture is a bit older... but will give you an idea of the footage the subs have to fill...

Pano Living Room
post #6 of 32
[quote=WudChuK;18114808]maybe i should give you the whole picture of the room, keep in mind this picture is a bit older... but will give you an idea of the footage the subs have to fill...


OK. Now I understand the need for twin subs..
post #7 of 32
awesome set-up you have there. I'm sure the duals are serving you quiote well.

I think you made a great decision to wall mount the plasma and put the center channel below it. I bet it not only looks better but sounds better now that its closer to being inline with your mains and tv.
post #8 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelinas View Post

awesome set-up you have there. I'm sure the duals are serving you quiote well.

I think you made a great decision to wall mount the plasma and put the center channel below it. I bet it not only looks better but sounds better now that its closer to being inline with your mains and tv.

yea the old setup, "ceiling mount" was done when i had less knowledge and thought it looked cool... now that i have moved it to the stand there is a world of difference is sound.
post #9 of 32
Loving your setup. Love the RF7s, love the SVSs, love the whole general look. The two Outlaw monoblocks for the RF7s I assume, yes?

edit

Oh also I love the Panamax 5100. I've had mine for about 8 years now. It just keeps on chugging! Great build quality.
post #10 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcweber111 View Post

Loving your setup. Love the RF7s, love the SVSs, love the whole general look. The two Outlaw monoblocks for the RF7s I assume, yes?

edit

Oh also I love the Panamax 5100. I've had mine for about 8 years now. It just keeps on chugging! Great build quality.

yes, the outlaws are powering the RF-7's, jump over to the klipsch owner thread, i am discussing moving over to a 5 channel emotiva XPA-5 or adding three more outlaw 2200-m amps.
post #11 of 32
I can't imagine the bass you could feel in that room with both of those up front. Could you tell me what the brand of bracket you are using on the rears is?
post #12 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by WudChuK View Post

yes, the outlaws are powering the RF-7's, jump over to the klipsch owner thread, i am discussing moving over to a 5 channel emotiva XPA-5 or adding three more outlaw 2200-m amps.

I just added an XPA-3 to my system...it's an animal!
post #13 of 32
WudChuk,

Super set up there man! Thanks for sharing.
post #14 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckymucky View Post

I can't imagine the bass you could feel in that room with both of those up front. Could you tell me what the brand of bracket you are using on the rears is?

i went a bit on the extreme... i had my RB-81's hang'n back there side ways... then took them down after hearing the RS-52's.

rated for 25lbs ea. - Vantage Point
post #15 of 32
Are you happy with the rs-52's in the rear?

I have a pair of the 42's and had to put them on the back wall.. so far its sounds good, but I still hear them "behind" me more than "around " me.. if thet makes any sense...
post #16 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by doozer12 View Post

Are you happy with the rs-52's in the rear?

I have a pair of the 42's and had to put them on the back wall.. so far its sounds good, but I still hear them "behind" me more than "around " me.. if thet makes any sense...

mine are behind me and about 15 feet behind me at that... with a wide open area and no room treatments, it's hard for me to get directional when it comes to the surrounds.. but at least i can tell those are back there better than the RB-81's...
post #17 of 32
Nice system WudChuK!
Just one question: at what height from the floor is the TV mounted?
post #18 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorph Sound View Post

Nice system WudChuK!
Just one question: at what height from the floor is the TV mounted?

would you like the measurment from the bottom of the tv to the floor, or from center of the mount to the floor?
post #19 of 32
Hello Mr. WudChuK!

Being the Klipsch Reference man that I am, it would be wrong on so many levels if I did not submit a post in your thread regarding your very impressive AV System. The configuration is outstanding. Very clean and efficient.
When I first viewed the photos, I initially shared KSE's suggestion regarding the RF-7's and SVS positioning and the possibility of switching the two.

Conventional thinking would suggest switching the tower and sub positioning, but, because of the listening position distance from the speakers, and the fact that when you did experiment with the towers being outboard, you experienced a null, having the speakers in their current position, has more than likely, rendered better imaging and a very good soundstage.
By the way, how far back are you from the fronts? It looks to be about 7 - 8 feet.



Speaking of the speakers, the RF-7 is a hard speaker to beat/replace. With the efficiency rating of 100 dB's, and being powered by the Outlaw monoblocks, I know the sound quality and clarity must be insane.

I share PCWeb's opinion regarding the Panamax MAX5100. A very nice power center with good bulid quality. I've had mine for easily 6 years and I'm very happy with it's performance. It has guarded my equipment very well.
And about adding the Emotiva XPA-5, a nice MC amp no doubt. You could go with the XPA-3 and have the Outlaw monoblocks power the rears. Just another option. The XPA-5 would be the most efficient way to go. Less boxes to contend with.

Again, you have a very sweet setup. Bravo!

Regards,
post #20 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by WudChuK View Post

would you like the measurment from the bottom of the tv to the floor, or from center of the mount to the floor?

From the bottom of the TV to the floor please.
Thanks.
post #21 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgibson76 View Post

By the way, how far back are you from the fronts? It looks to be about 7 - 8 feet.

9ft to be exact.
post #22 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorph Sound View Post

From the bottom of the TV to the floor please.
Thanks.

34 inches..
post #23 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by WudChuK View Post

34 inches..

Thanks WudChuk. I want to wallmount a Sony Bravia 40W5500 and I really have no idea about the height needed ...
post #24 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgibson76 View Post

Conventional thinking would suggest switching the tower and sub positioning, but, because of the listening position distance from the speakers, and the fact that when you did experiment with the towers being outboard, you experienced a null, having the speakers in their current position, has more than likely, rendered better imaging and a very good soundstage.
By the way, how far back are you from the fronts? It looks to be about 7 - 8 feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WudChuK View Post

9ft to be exact.

You say 9ft?! Then I have to change my opinion on the RF-7's positioning. I sit exactly 9 ft from my RF-35's. Due to my rack configuration, I'm forced to position them 9ft apart. But that falls right into the rule of listening distance and speaker positioning. You say you experience a null when the towers where outside of the subs. How do you mean? I'm just curious because, according to Klipsch specifications, the wide dispersion tweeter array should remedy any null detected. And understand, I know we all hear differently so I do not doubt your assessment, I'm just interested because you have RF-7's.
post #25 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgibson76 View Post

You say 9ft?! Then I have to change my opinion on the RF-7's positioning. I sit exactly 9 ft from my RF-35's. Due to my rack configuration, I'm forced to position them 9ft apart. But that falls right into the rule of listening distance and speaker positioning. You say you experience a null when the towers where outside of the subs. How do you mean? I'm just curious because, according to Klipsch specifications, the wide dispersion tweeter array should remedy any null detected. And understand, I know we all hear differently so I do not doubt your assessment, I'm just interested because you have RF-7's.

oh, i must have not clarified... the null was with the subs... once they were repositioned, there was a bad null with the subwoofer bass, i tried everything to keep the RF-7's apart... they sounded awesome on the outside's of the subs.. but they do have a nice reach and grab you sound, from the position they are in right now.
post #26 of 32
Fellow old school Klipsch owner here, Very nice system WudChuK. You have a really clean setup. Welcome to our WYSC forum. And i was wondering how do you have any nulls with two Ultras? lol
post #27 of 32
Thread Starter 
ok, here are some pics of my system about 2-3 years ago... at this point i had the couch mid room, around 16ft to the LP. the center channel was a bit odd sounding with the ceiling mount, so i later removed it and put it on the stand where it still lies now.

started out with a cewin vega CLSC-15 and the amp went out in it.. so i bought an external amp (dayton 1000 watt) and purchased a cerwin vega stroker subwoofer to go in the cabinet... it worked ok, it seemed to have that one hit wonder about it, when it finds it, it lets the whole room know about it. that got old quick.






then, moved up with two RW-12d's...

They served their purpose very well, and i enjoyed having them as well. just felt i was missing something on the low end of the spectrum...

and i was right... the ultra's solved that problem, and i have "not" had any thoughts to upgrading or changing out the ultra's.

as you can see i have changed the layout of the room and speaker positioning, i even at one time had the stand in the corner angled into the whole room... that was a waste of time and energy....

the layout i have now with the couch and chase makes it more...... cozzy? everything is a little up close so to speak, but everyone seems to like a lot better, the wife says the movies feel like they are jumping out at her...

i will post some more of my pics when i collect them...

hope this might have some helpful insight as to speaker position / setup...




post #28 of 32
Quite an upgrade in subs, even from the Klipschs.
post #29 of 32
Thread Starter 
and for my grand finale... The Man Cave

ok, maybe not so much for theater...

but this is my little space on the planet to tinker, jam, whatever.

Desk with:

Yamaha HTR-5890
Klipsch RB-81's - Front
Klipsch RB-51's - Rear
Klipsch RCX-3 - Center
Klipsch RW-12d - Subwoofer

I have the RW-12d tucked away under the desk...

I use an Auzentech X-Fi Prelude soundcard because of the SPDIF / analog outputs... great sound card for the money.



bad shot of the surrounds, light is dim on the ceiling...




now, when the wife is away and i "really" want to jam... this is a 12x12 room btw... this is my go to 2.1 channel setup... this is where most of my tinkering happens.. amps / mains / subs, nothing is permanent in this setup.

Yamaha RX-V1900 - Pre/Pro
Klipsch RF-82's - FL/FR
QSC RMX-2400 - Amp

post #30 of 32
That's quite a lot of Klipsch love there my man. I love it.

You did what I was gonna do with the bookshelf speakers for computer speakers. I went with an ifi instead and since moving them to the living room I use a pair of Promedia Ultra 2.0s with no sub. I need to find one though because bass is definitely lacking lol.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Other Areas of Interest › What's Your System Configuration › WudChuK's Klipsch / SVS Setup