Originally Posted by bacon333
First off hats off to TG_ONE and wrinklefree.
I hacked both a 5020FD and a 6020FD with the AWW1353 board (purchased directly from pioneer, $140).
Tips for others who are attempting this swap.
1. I used a Skil IXO2 to unscrew the panel off both panels (the tips it comes with worked for all the screws). I would suggest using a hand philips for the rest as you can risk stripping a screw (I stripped one and it was a PITA to remove).
2. Keep a paper with diagram of the panel and divide them into separate sections: Back panel, lower panel, top plate, hdmi, etc. This will help you enormously when you're putting back the screws.
3. On the back of the AWW1352 you'll see two sticky clay things. Remove and place them on your AWW1353 board before screwing it in place.
4. For that tiny white ribbon cable, I used a flat screwdriver to pick it up gently from one end and shift the other end until it came out. I think this is the hardest ribbon to remove.
5. I performed the swap with the 60" on the stand and 50" laying flat. No problems whatsoever.
6. The 60" has a lot more screws, the diagram on paper will come in very handy.
7. I tested the set before putting all the screws back. You don't have to plug the VGA cable back in before you do it. Just plug in a HDMI source and power and see if you can get the pro adjust menu. If you do, jump for joy and carefully put everything back.
One thing to note and I'm wondering if anyone else ran into this: I think the buzzing/humming was worse after the swap. Now I think I might not have noticed because I normally have sound on but it's kinda noticeable. Anyone notice anything?