Originally Posted by mikelets456
I did that with one of the files... it played very choppy and a big box came up... "unsupported format". I then used "Super" with BD container and Mpeg 2 output... nothing. I will try "Super" again with your parameters and select output as "Mp4" and see if actually changing it makes a difference. The only thing I do not like is during the conversion there is an obvious loss of quality.
Just to clarify - I'm not proposing any sort of file conversion. When I was having trouble with file playback, I literally did nothing more than rename the file itself, with no conversion.
If you have the file already, I recommend putting three versions of the file in the same folder. You'll have to change the filename itself, in addition to the extension, since the BD-C6500 interface doesn't display the extensions.
But create a shared folder with the following files:
And all three files are identical, except for the names. Same format. Same codec, same size, etc. Sync your sharing db, go back to your BC-C, and try playing each of the three files. See if your luck improves.
Or, if you want to speed up testing a bit, copy all of the files to a USB flash drive, and then plug it into the player. Pulling the wireless connection out of the equation (for now) might help.
On an unrelated note, when I do
need to convert video files aiming for BD-C compatibility, I've had the most success with the open-source, freeware converter "Handbrake," using the Regular > Normal profile.