or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Panasonic DMP-BD65
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic DMP-BD65 - Page 56

post #1651 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer010 View Post

How can you see the 65 is lowering the res stream? And why would it do that?

The movie stops and the full HD bars go to approx. half of the bars. Mine does this once in a while, but it's not the BD65 doing it for kicks. It's because of the overload during prime time.
post #1652 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer010 View Post

How can you see the 65 is lowering the res stream? And why would it do that?

The movie stops and the full HD bars go to approx. half bars. But it's not the BD65 doing it just for kicks. It's due to the overload during prime time.
post #1653 of 1874
Oh, OK...Yes, that is the HSI provider, not the player. Mine hasn't done it yet but it also isn't the main player so when I go to bed at 1AM that might account for that reason.
post #1654 of 1874
Yes, DVDs are older less efficient MPEG2 technology, but Blu-Rays are the newer efficient codecs and still use an average of 22,000 kbps for HD content.

Until we get 100meg internet connections, Netflix will never come close to the PQ of a blu-ray and nothing comes even close to the uncompressed HD video I see on set everyday.
post #1655 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post


The movie stops and the full HD bars go to approx. half of the bars. Mine does this once in a while, but it's not the BD65 doing it for kicks. It's because of the overload during prime time.

If you go to your Netflix account on your computer, you can force the streaming into high quality, then the DMP-BD65 won't down res out of HD. It's under streaming quality I believe.
post #1656 of 1874
^^^

I think that just limits the high end. If you have connection issues, the stream will still drop down. On the 65 it will simply appear less sharp then jump back to HD when possible. On newer models these changes are more obvious as the picture briefly goes completely blank. Mine has always been set to the highest quality but still drops to SD from time to time.

However, that setting could explain the low PQ problems some of the posters in this thread are having. HERE's a direct link to that setting.
post #1657 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionorion View Post

If you go to your Netflix account on your computer, you can force the streaming into high quality, then the DMP-BD65 won't down res out of HD. It's under streaming quality I believe.

I do have it set to the highest quality.
post #1658 of 1874
Tonight while streaming a movie, the movie stopped and lost the signal. I then had to go to the movie queue, find the movie, and re-start it. This happened twice during the same movie. Does this sound like a Netflix problem, or a problem with my BD65? Thanks.
post #1659 of 1874
Netflix issue I believe as mine lost it twice (which has NEVER happened before) but just had to rebuffer. Not an issue to me though as it was only twice.
post #1660 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post

Tonight while streaming a movie, the movie stopped and lost the signal. I then had to go to the movie queue, find the movie, and re-start it. This happened twice during the same movie. Does this sound like a Netflix problem, or a problem with my BD65? Thanks.

Sometimes about twice a week while watching Netflix my BD65 crashes completely and reboots by itself and I have to go to network > Netflix and find the title in the Queue to see the rest of the movie. I think it does have to do with a signal disruption, but can't be sure.

Edit to add:
I am using a wired connection.
post #1661 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by curly-95519 View Post

Sometimes about twice a week while watching Netflix my BD65 crashes completely and reboots by itself and I have to go to network > Netflix and find the title in the Queue to see the rest of the movie. I think it does have to do with a signal disruption, but can't be sure.

Edit to add:
I am using a wired connection.

That's the same thing it did to me, and I am using a wired connection to my router. I'm wondering if it's a BD65 issue or a Netflix issue? It's happened a few times to me, but never twice during the same movie.Thanks.
post #1662 of 1874
I have a 65 and a 110. The 65 does crash completely from time to time, but the 110 (with it's newer interface) never does. So I think it's safe to say it's a 65 issue. Could still be caused by a disruption on the Netflix side (which I've seen a lot more of lately), but the 110 can handle it and the 65 can't.
post #1663 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

I have a 65 and a 110. The 65 does crash completely from time to time, but the 110 (which it's newer interface) never does. So I think it's safe to say it's a 65 issue. Could still be caused by a disruption on the Netflix side (which I've seen a lot more of lately), but the 110 can handle it and the 65 can't.

Thanks. I've been thinking of upgrading to the 110 anyway.
post #1664 of 1874
Anyone having issues playing the BD version of Source Code on this player?
post #1665 of 1874
Played fine for me.

-R
post #1666 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post

Thanks. I've been thinking of upgrading to the 110 anyway.

I've had the 110 for about two months now and though I don't use it for Netflix, in all other respects, it's an outstanding player. Very impressed with the upscaling it does to dvds on my 42ST30 plasma. I got it for free with the purchase of the display so all my views came from not knowing anything about the 110 until I hooked it up and started using it. For that price it's definitely worth a look.
post #1667 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobAGD View Post

Played fine for me.

-R

Thanks for the confirmation.
There ahs been reports that some players are having issues with the new security stuff Sony has deployed on this disc.
Glad to see Panasonic has been ahead of the curve on this one since we haven't had a recent FW update in a while so they knew this was coming.
post #1668 of 1874
42p - I have to correct myself, I was going to rent the BR and it was out, got a DVD.

My mistake on that, but the DVD played fine :/

-R
post #1669 of 1874
is anyone having this issue with their BD65??? I have several discs (including Inc Hulk and HTTY Dragon) that will reboot if you try to skip chapters and/or jump to another chapter in the chapter menu. I can click on said chapter from the menu and then the player will just reboot itself and go back to the main menu. doesn't happen on many discs, just a handful.. but it's getting kinda frustrating. If it's a known issue I just may return it to costco get the BD75 or a sony player
post #1670 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42Plasmaman View Post

Anyone having issues playing the BD version of Source Code on this player?

Played without any problems on my BD 65 last night...
what kind of prob's are you having?
post #1671 of 1874
I have the itch to upgrade to a 110...is it worth it, though? what do you guys think who up'd to the 110?
post #1672 of 1874
Now that Bloomberg.com is no longer functional on the BD65, will Panasonic replace the app with an update? They should and dump those German apps (why are they even there to begin with on American players?) while they're at it.
post #1673 of 1874
Got a message this week from Hulu that Hulu Plus is available on Panasonic Internet connected TVs and blu-ray palyers, so that may be the replacement.

Never mind, just got off a chat with Kurt S. from Panasonic support and was told Hulu Plus will not be included in 2010 blu-ray player models due to contract terms between Pan and Hulu.
post #1674 of 1874
I can confirm that Panasonic 110/210/310 now have Hulu Plus. Why Hulu would not want their app on as many players as possible is beyond me.
post #1675 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer010 View Post

Now that Bloomberg.com is no longer functional on the BD65, will Panasonic replace the app with an update? They should and dump those German apps (why are they even there to begin with on American players?) while they're at it.

you know, sometimes there are these strange people who can speak multiple languages in addition to English? My wife and I are both fluent in German and we LOVE those 2 German channels ! We love learning foreign languages and watching foreign movies also, which i bet you hate - LOL.

SO, let me also be selfish and say I don't give a **** about bloomberg and let Panasonic take it off, and add more streaming German news channels

American movie fans must be the most 'limited' fans ever as they miss the best foreign language movies almost always.
post #1676 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasher123 View Post

you know, sometimes there are these strange people who can speak multiple languages in addition to English? My wife and I are both fluent in German and we LOVE those 2 German channels ! We love learning foreign languages and watching foreign movies also, which i bet you hate - LOL.

SO, let me also be selfish and say I don't give a **** about bloomberg and let Panasonic take it off, and add more streaming German news channels

American movie fans must be the most 'limited' fans ever as they miss the best foreign language movies almost always.

Of course, and I am not saying there aren't, however common sense states that german-english speaking families are a niche when looking at the grand scheme of things.
post #1677 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer010 View Post

Of course, and I am not saying there aren't, however common sense states that german-english speaking families are a niche when looking at the grand scheme of things.

Ok - but those 2 news streams sure didn't HURT anyone, right? so i think it's perfectly ok for them to be there.

btw, German is our 2nd language, but it has played a pretty big role in our lives that we have come to value anything in German entertainment-wise, as we don't have cable/sat etc...English is still our 'primary' language.
post #1678 of 1874
Never said it "hurt" anyone. And I for one honestly don't have THAT much of an issue with them. But when there is room for many more apps and apps (english, multi interesting) start to disappear, I begin to question things.
post #1679 of 1874
Hopefully they will introduce/update a different Bloomberg app and all apps can exist without any problems.
post #1680 of 1874
Howdy,

Having my 65 just going out of the 1-year part of the warranty, Amazon VOD started "scrambling" the display. Everything appears to work normal otherwise, though.

Easy to spot, it happens right after the "Screen loading" message after launching "A-VOD". Of course I'm at the latest FW (1.56, I think). And power cycling nor ejecting the inserted disc helped. So I started reading this thread and one thing caught my eye -- Quick Start!

I theorized (hoped!) that having Quick Start on does not actually shut down the 65, so it would not clear out whatever running code causes my screen to scramble.

The theory seems to be valid as turning off Quick Start and power cycling (I also waited 30s before power-on) did the trick. Thought I'd post this here, if anything to help me the next time it happens.

And the 65's working MUCH better than the Sammy BD-P1600 and it's FW issues and ultra-slow loading times, so no need to run out and get a x10 series.

Enjoy!
Rich
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Panasonic DMP-BD65