or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Panasonic DMP-BD65
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic DMP-BD65 - Page 57

post #1681 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasher123 View Post
Played without any problems on my BD 65 last night...
what kind of prob's are you having?
Source Code played fine on my player as well.
There are reports some players are having issues playing this title due to new DMR but it appears Panasonic was already ahead of the game.

Good to see this player is still chugging alone.
post #1682 of 1874
How do I save jpg photos on a DVD-RW in order to view them with my Panasonic Blu-ray player? I don't want to make a DVD movie or slide show, I just want to view them like I do when they are on an SD card.

I burned using ImgBurn, but the Panny says there are no files on the disc.

Next I tried CyberLink DVD Suite & the player says the disc is not formatted properly.

I then tried using just Windows to burn the jpgs but the player would not recognize the DVD-RW disc.

In all cases the jpg files are there when viewed with a PC, and so are the pictures. But nothing works in player.

What special format or software do I need?
post #1683 of 1874
Burn it as a data disc and make sure you close the session.

-R
post #1684 of 1874
I did burn it as a data disc, but I'm not sure how each of the methods I tried closed the session, if they did. I never saw an option for this.

ImgBurn appears to create an image file first. And the burning takes several minutes even though I've only burned a few photos. It's as if it is filling up the whole disc.
post #1685 of 1874
If you are using Win7 or even Vista - just drop a disc in the burner, wait forthe window to come up and open to explore.

Drag and drop the files, when you are done, click burn disc

Sounds like imgburn is making an iso image then burning it.

-R
post #1686 of 1874
According to the Panasonic manual, jpg on DVD-RW is not a working combination. CD-R is OK. DVD-R is OK. DVD-RAM is. But not DVD-RW. So far I've been unable to find out what makes the -RW format different than -R.

I tried RAM and it does work.
post #1687 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post

According to the Panasonic manual, jpg on DVD-RW is not a working combination. CD-R is OK. DVD-R is OK. DVD-RAM is. But not DVD-RW. So far I've been unable to find out what makes the -RW format different than -R.

I tried RAM and it does work.

The difference is in the media ID. Panasonic does not like some of them
post #1688 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42Plasmaman View Post

Source Code played fine on my player as well.
There are reports some players are having issues playing this title due to new DMR but it appears Panasonic was already ahead of the game.

Good to see this player is still chugging alone.

There is no new DMR. It's just that the Panasonic implementation works and other implementation have bugs ...
post #1689 of 1874
I've never had problems with this before, and both Vudu and Amazon streaming are fine, but I tried to stream Netflix tonight (first time in about a week), and the aspect ratio was messed up: standard-screen content was window-boxed (small square in the middle of the screen), and widescreen content was squeezed, reaching from left to right but not from top to bottom (so the image was distorted, too wide). All my settings are fine--same as always, "pixel-to-pixel"--and, as I said, Vudu and Amazon, as well as all discs, are perfect. I can make the widescreen movies look correct by hitting "letterbox" on my projector, but that actually makes the standard-screen material distorted, all stretched skinny. Or I can zoom the standard-screen material, but that doesn't fix the distortion of the widescreen material.

I don't want to do either of those fixes, though, because I'll lose resolution. I want the regular anamorphic image that I had been receiving. I called Netflix customer service, but that was a waste: she deactivated and then reactivated me, which did nothing, and then she told me to unplug and replug the HDMI cable into my Blu-ray player. No help.

What in the world happened??
post #1690 of 1874
One thing I've learned about the netflix implementation on this player is that it stinks compared to a roku box. The roku box never stops and drops to lower res. The 65 is hit or miss.

My g25 is faster than the 65, but still not as good as the Roku.
post #1691 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoryperkins View Post

One thing I've learned about the netflix implementation on this player is that it stinks compared to a roku box. The roku box never stops and drops to lower res. The 65 is hit or miss.

My g25 is faster than the 65, but still not as good as the Roku.

I also had kick-down to a lower rez issues while my older Samsung BD-P1600 streams perfectly. That plus no time to watch the older movies led me to drop Netflix streaming.
post #1692 of 1874
Well, the aspect ratio issue took care of itself. Customer service is useless--just the typical "reset" and "disconnect router and try again" nonsense. Clearly clearly someone Netflix--either locally or for Viera Cast or wherever--had hit the wrong button so I was receiving material letterboxed rather than anamorphically enhanced; there was absolutely nothing I had done to create this problem, and the problem existed with no other sources (Blu-rays, DVDs, Amazon VOD, Vudu). This morning all is fine--someone at Netflix must have noticed, pushed the right button, and voila!

Anyway, it was annoying, but all's well that ends well.
post #1693 of 1874
I think it is a Panasonic prob not Netflix. I had it happen on the 65 and on the 85. To fix either leave alone or unplug it...
post #1694 of 1874
I have been having issues with my DMP-BD65 with certain Blu-ray titles, True Blood Season 1 and Scott Pilgrim.

It happens when I try to rewind playback, and the screen will go to black, and then player will turn off. When I power on the player again, and choose the chapter selection in the main menu, the chapter won't play and the player will crash and turn off. I have the latest firmware.

True Blood Season 1 came out in May 2009, and Scott Pilgrim came out in November 2010.

It plays DVDs completely fine.

Any ideas why the player would crash when rewinding playback or choosing chapters for only blu-rays?
post #1695 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanafan View Post

I have been having issues with my DMP-BD65 with certain Blu-ray titles, True Blood Season 1 and Scott Pilgrim.

It happens when I try to rewind playback, and the screen will go to black, and then player will turn off. When I power on the player again, and choose the chapter selection in the main menu, the chapter won't play and the player will crash and turn off. I have the latest firmware.

True Blood Season 1 came out in May 2009, and Scott Pilgrim came out in November 2010.

It plays DVDs completely fine.

Any ideas why the player would crash when rewinding playback or choosing chapters for only blu-rays?

I don't have the True Blood Blu-rays, but do have Scott Pilgrim. Wasn't able to replicate the issue. Maybe the laser mechanism is starting to have trouble seeking?
post #1696 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeBad View Post

I don't have the True Blood Blu-rays, but do have Scott Pilgrim. Wasn't able to replicate the issue. Maybe the laser mechanism is starting to have trouble seeking?

Thanks for the reply. My biggest issue was trying to go back to the scene where the player crashed when I tried to rewind playback. At the main menu, I tried to play chapter 14 and it crashed every time. So, after 4-5 times trying to get 14 to play, I went to chapter 13 and it played.

But, don't blame the disc (I think). I had the same issues with True Blood. It crash when I would try to rewind playback, and when I would choose the chapter where I left off at, the same thing would happen. It would crash and I would have to go to another chapter.
post #1697 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanafan View Post

Thanks for the reply. My biggest issue was trying to go back to the scene where the player crashed when I tried to rewind playback. At the main menu, I tried to play chapter 14 and it crashed every time. So, after 4-5 times trying to get 14 to play, I went to chapter 13 and it played.

But, don't blame the disc (I think). I had the same issues with True Blood. It crash when I would try to rewind playback, and when I would choose the chapter where I left off at, the same thing would happen. It would crash and I would have to go to another chapter.

To followup.. I called Panasonic and they could see no reason why I am having this issue. Their engineering department is going to investigate and get back to me.

During the phone call, the service rep had me do a reset on the player, but that didn't help fix my issues.
post #1698 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoryperkins View Post
One thing I've learned about the netflix implementation on this player is that it stinks compared to a roku box. The roku box never stops and drops to lower res. The 65 is hit or miss.

My g25 is faster than the 65, but still not as good as the Roku.
Not had this problem with my 65, the one thing that upsets me with all of the Panasonic BD's is the lack of updating. We still only have instant queue, my Samsung has had multiple updates and now includes all the features that units like the Roku, Xbox, etc have.
post #1699 of 1874
Need a little help...

I was getting the u73 error code from this player when I swapped out my receiver for another. I reset the player, but now I can't get it play any BR Audio Codec (DTS-MA/True HD) it keeps defaulting to secondary audio.

I have the player set to BITSTREAM with secondary audio OFF. I also put the original receiver back (ONKYO 605) No settings on the ONKYO were changed from before when everything was working perfectly.
post #1700 of 1874
Did another reset with Panny Support. Along with resetting my receiver. That did the trick. Every thing working flawlessy...
post #1701 of 1874
Hei guys so sorry if my question was already answered !!

what kind of extensions the BD-65 can read ? MKV , AVI ???

And .. Can the BD-65 read my external HD in NTFS ? or FAT32 ?
post #1702 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFJ 96 View Post

Did another reset with Panny Support. Along with resetting my receiver. That did the trick. Every thing working flawlessy...

Is this just pulling the power plug or something else for the reset? When my player is acting up I'll try a reset.
post #1703 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambobotelho View Post

Hei guys so sorry if my question was already answered !!

what kind of extensions the BD-65 can read ? MKV , AVI ???

And .. Can the BD-65 read my external HD in NTFS ? or FAT32 ?

I don't think the BD-65 supports MKV, AVI or any video format other than BR/AVCHD and SD in MPEG2. It supports FAT32 but not NTFS. You can playback MP3 / photo and maybe MPEG2 from digital camera. That's about it.
post #1704 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToppDogg View Post

Not had this problem with my 65, the one thing that upsets me with all of the Panasonic BD's is the lack of updating. We still only have instant queue, my Samsung has had multiple updates and now includes all the features that units like the Roku, Xbox, etc have.

Darn....there's a used 65 I've been keeping tabs on at ebay. So the Netflix UI is limited to just the instant queue? Fudge.
post #1705 of 1874
Folks,

I just picked up Star Wars the Original Trilogy on Blu-Ray yesterday and watched both A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back on my 655K. I had audio drop-outs when playing New Hope but Empire Strikes back played flawlessly. I would rewind A New Hope and the drop-out would happen in the same places each time. It probably happened 15-20 times over the course of the movie.

I have the latest firmware (1.56). Anybody else run into this problem?

PS. Also just watched Return of the Jedi with no problems at all.
PSS. Went to Best Buy and exchanged for a new box set. Same problem... Anybody else?
post #1706 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C View Post
Darn....there's a used 65 I've been keeping tabs on at ebay. So the Netflix UI is limited to just the instant queue? Fudge.
Yeah and it seems Panasonic could care less about the player now that it's not the "hot, new thing".

It works ok, but probably the first and last panasonic I'll buy in a long time.
post #1707 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opusnbill7 View Post
Yeah and it seems Panasonic could care less about the player now that it's not the "hot, new thing".

It works ok, but probably the first and last panasonic I'll buy in a long time.
I think you meant to say they could'nt care less.

And I agree, the 65 is a decent player, but I really don't know what all the hype was about. I surely won't be purchasing anything Panasonic for awhile. The 65 IS a decent bedroom player though. But I would NEVER use it as my main (living room) player however.
post #1708 of 1874
Turned on my 65 tonight for some Netflix action and when I go to network, it won't pull up the apps screen. My network is up as I can post this. I checked network settings & everything looks good. I even had it check for firmware and that seemed to work. Anyone else with this issue?
post #1709 of 1874
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhurlbut View Post

Turned on my 65 tonight for some Netflix action and when I go to network, it won't pull up the apps screen. My network is up as I can post this. I checked network settings & everything looks good. I even had it check for firmware and that seemed to work. Anyone else with this issue?

Same thing here about a half an hour ago. Must be maintenance time for Panasonic.
post #1710 of 1874
I was just going to post this same problem. When I hit "network" it says "cannot connect". I've had the BD65 for at least 6 months and this has never happened before. Any ideas?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Panasonic DMP-BD65