- 5,709 Posts. Joined 2/2004
- Location: Oconomowoc, WI.
- Thumbs Up: 21
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryBlu Ray Playerstagged by System, 6/28/12
- brandPanasonictagged by System, 6/28/12
- productPanasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-ray Disc Player (Black)tagged by System, 6/28/12
- productPanasonic DMP-BD65 Blu-Ray Disc Playertagged by System, 6/28/12
- productPanasonic DMP-BD85K WiFi Enabled Blu-Ray Disc Player (Black)tagged by System, 6/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- OFFICIAL "HELP ME CHOOSE A PLAYER" THREAD: Can't decide? Start HERE. Last post on Yesterday at 1:19 pm in Blu-ray Players
- Official Panasonic DMP-BD60/80 Owners Thread Last post on 12/5/13 at 6:24pm in Blu-ray Players
- Blu-ray Player Special Deals: ALL pricing deals and locating talk goes here Last post on 8/19/12 at 4:29pm in Blu-ray Players
- Needed - More ethernet ports, expanded WiFi area, stable router Last post on 6/14/13 at 12:53pm in Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming
- Panasonic DMP-BDT330 Last post on 10/31/13 at 12:11pm in Blu-ray Players
Panasonic DMP-BD65 - Page 63
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It will stream You Tube, but not Netflix. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
Edited by mdavej - 8/9/13 at 1:29pm
I know it doesn't do 1080p. I replaced it with a 230, and gave it to my daughter. I was hoping to get Netflix streaming again on it, so she can stream.
My guess is when Netflix rolled out its new profiles feature it broke Panny's old app. The new feature also broke other older Netflix apps, like the one in Windows Media Center, which was subsequently fixed by Netflix. Someone's going to have to report it to Netflix and Panasonic to have any hope of getting it fixed. Most likely Netflix will fix it on their end. I doubt Panny will ever update that old app of theirs again.
Netflix rep blew smoke and played with mirrors for an hour. First he said my ISP was jamming up then stated my player was bad. During prime time hours netflix chokes @ 500-756kbs. I ran a speakeasy benchmark through same network while netflix was fumbling their service that showed 11Mbps. Running netflix off prime time hours and I get 4-10 Mbps. Netflix will not admit it's on their side. It was fun while it lasted, but screw them if they can not meet their commitment and pin the blame on everybody else with FUD BS.
EDIT: Did I really just say all that? LOL, completely failed to look at the last few pages of complaints. However, it is streaming 1080p for me just fine, but it only shows the owners profile and not the profile I created for it. Amazing how they find ways to get us to buy more hardware.
EDIT2: Ok, well we have given up on this player and going to get a Samsung now with the new 2013 SmartHUB. Seems to have the very latest version of Netflix and Plex app.
Edited by SkOrPn - 10/31/13 at 9:43pm
We've had our DVD player for a couple of years now with no issues. The other night, we had a power failure while watching tv, not a dvd. The next day, I went to play a dvd for my son and could not get any sound. I have checked all the settings and everything seems okay. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or is someone knows what the issue could be?
- Panasonic DMP-BD65
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Official Samsung UNXXEH6000 Owners' Thread 1 minute ago
- › The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's... 1 minute ago
- › The "Official" Pioneer VSX-1020-K Owner's Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Can loud sounds damage microphones? 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Silver Fire V.2 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › EMOTIVA Thread Q&A [TECHNICAL TALK ONLY] 6 minutes ago
- › LG PF80G First world mini-projector full led 1080p 6 minutes ago
- › 50pz700u to M series Vizio ? 6 minutes ago
- › Low Airplay Output on Denon AVR1713 7 minutes ago
- › DIY to Upgrade from PB-13 Ultra 7 minutes ago
- › Sharp HE LC-70UD1U 70-Inch Aquos 4K Ultra HD 3D Smart LED TV by Chad B
- › Toshiba 50L4300U 50-Inch Smart LED HDTV by quattroG
- › Panasonic TC-L58E60 58-Inch Smart LED HDTV by zepto
- › Control 4 - Hc-300c Home Controller C4-hc300c-e-b by aspoerri
- › Seaton Sound Catalyst 12C by Blackdevil77
- › Live Free or Die Hard [Blu-ray] by jlocice1
- › Onkyo Integra DTR7.9 by djpjwiesen
- › Dayton Audio RSS460HO-4 18" Reference HO Subwoofer 4 ohm by chasby
- › Sonos SUB Wireless Subwoofer (Gloss) by imagic
- › Portal - PC by njskaguy33
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars of... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Projectors from 2013 by skehoe
- › Top Blu-rays for 2013 by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 7 Blu-ray Players of 2013 by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 5 Plasma TVs of 2013 by skehoe
- › Ron's Amazing Upgraded HD Effect Pen Camera by rolgin28
- › Review Contest Terms & Conditions by SocialCapital