- 5,827 Posts. Joined 2/2004
- Location: Oconomowoc, WI.
- Thumbs Up: 25
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryBlu Ray Playerstagged by System, 6/28/12
- brandPanasonictagged by System, 6/28/12
- productPanasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-ray Disc Player (Black)tagged by System, 6/28/12
- productPanasonic DMP-BD65 Blu-Ray Disc Playertagged by System, 6/28/12
- productPanasonic DMP-BD85K WiFi Enabled Blu-Ray Disc Player (Black)tagged by System, 6/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- OFFICIAL "HELP ME CHOOSE A PLAYER" THREAD: Can't decide? Start HERE. Last post on Today at 11:14 am in Blu-ray Players
- Official Panasonic DMP-BD60/80 Owners Thread Last post on 3/4/14 at 7:50pm in Blu-ray Players
- Blu-ray Player Special Deals: ALL pricing deals and locating talk goes here Last post on 8/19/12 at 4:29pm in Blu-ray Players
- Needed - More ethernet ports, expanded WiFi area, stable router Last post on 6/14/13 at 12:53pm in Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming
- Panasonic DMP-BDT330 Last post on 12/31/13 at 7:58am in Blu-ray Players
Panasonic DMP-BD65 - Page 63
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It will stream You Tube, but not Netflix. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
Edited by mdavej - 8/9/13 at 1:29pm
I know it doesn't do 1080p. I replaced it with a 230, and gave it to my daughter. I was hoping to get Netflix streaming again on it, so she can stream.
My guess is when Netflix rolled out its new profiles feature it broke Panny's old app. The new feature also broke other older Netflix apps, like the one in Windows Media Center, which was subsequently fixed by Netflix. Someone's going to have to report it to Netflix and Panasonic to have any hope of getting it fixed. Most likely Netflix will fix it on their end. I doubt Panny will ever update that old app of theirs again.
Netflix rep blew smoke and played with mirrors for an hour. First he said my ISP was jamming up then stated my player was bad. During prime time hours netflix chokes @ 500-756kbs. I ran a speakeasy benchmark through same network while netflix was fumbling their service that showed 11Mbps. Running netflix off prime time hours and I get 4-10 Mbps. Netflix will not admit it's on their side. It was fun while it lasted, but screw them if they can not meet their commitment and pin the blame on everybody else with FUD BS.
EDIT: Did I really just say all that? LOL, completely failed to look at the last few pages of complaints. However, it is streaming 1080p for me just fine, but it only shows the owners profile and not the profile I created for it. Amazing how they find ways to get us to buy more hardware.
EDIT2: Ok, well we have given up on this player and going to get a Samsung now with the new 2013 SmartHUB. Seems to have the very latest version of Netflix and Plex app.
Edited by SkOrPn - 10/31/13 at 9:43pm
We've had our DVD player for a couple of years now with no issues. The other night, we had a power failure while watching tv, not a dvd. The next day, I went to play a dvd for my son and could not get any sound. I have checked all the settings and everything seems okay. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or is someone knows what the issue could be?
- Panasonic DMP-BD65
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Official SVS Owners/Support Thread. 14 seconds ago
- › 'True Detective' on HBO HD 1 minute ago
- › Official Samsung F8500 Pictures Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 'The Americans' on FX HD 4 minutes ago
- › Anyone familiar with the Draper Baronet/Series HW 4 minutes ago
- › Where is the PS4 Titan Fall killer? 4 minutes ago
- › Sony 65W850a reviews 7 minutes ago
- › The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts 8 minutes ago
- › Samsung F8500 Owners - Do You Experience Floating Blacks? 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Pioneer 9G North American KRP-500M / KRP-600M Owner's... 11 minutes ago
- › LG Electronics NB3530A Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer and Bluetooth by zerolimit
- › Polk Audio RTI A7 Floorstanding Speaker (Single, Cherry) by mdaleavs
- › Microvision SHOWWX+ HDMI Laser Pico Projector (AA0123600-020) by enjoi7
- › Xbox One Console - Day One Edition by ajones13
- › PlayStation 4 Console by BenMonkey
- › Behringer B215XL Passive Speaker Pair by imagic
- › Atari 5200 - Video Game Console (System) by PGTweed
- › XBOX Console by PGTweed
- › Xbox One Console- Standard Edition by jstumbler
- › Gamecube Console Platinum by PGTweed
- › Academy Award Winners & Nominees on Blu-ray by skehoe
- › Game Console Review Contest by Scott Wilkinson
- › Best Blu-rays for Your Valentine's Day... by skehoe
- › Vizio and Sony Impress, Curved Screens... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Buying Guide Central by skehoe
- › Soundbar Review Contest by SocialCapital
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media Players by skehoe