- 5,879 Posts. Joined 2/2004
- Location: Oconomowoc, WI.
- Thumbs Up: 31
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryBlu Ray Playerstagged by System, 6/28/12
- brandPanasonictagged by System, 6/28/12
- productPanasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-ray Disc Player (Black)tagged by System, 6/28/12
- productPanasonic DMP-BD65 Blu-Ray Disc Playertagged by System, 6/28/12
- productPanasonic DMP-BD85K WiFi Enabled Blu-Ray Disc Player (Black)tagged by System, 6/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- OFFICIAL "HELP ME CHOOSE A PLAYER" THREAD: Can't decide? Start HERE. Last post on Yesterday at 2:36 pm in Blu-ray Players
- Official Panasonic DMP-BD60/80 Owners Thread Last post on 3/4/14 at 7:50pm in Blu-ray Players
- Blu-ray Player Special Deals: ALL pricing deals and locating talk goes here Last post on 8/19/12 at 4:29pm in Blu-ray Players
- Needed - More ethernet ports, expanded WiFi area, stable router Last post on 6/14/13 at 12:53pm in Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming
- Panasonic DMP-BDT330 Last post on 3/31/14 at 10:29am in Blu-ray Players
Panasonic DMP-BD65 - Page 63
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It will stream You Tube, but not Netflix. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
Edited by mdavej - 8/9/13 at 1:29pm
I know it doesn't do 1080p. I replaced it with a 230, and gave it to my daughter. I was hoping to get Netflix streaming again on it, so she can stream.
My guess is when Netflix rolled out its new profiles feature it broke Panny's old app. The new feature also broke other older Netflix apps, like the one in Windows Media Center, which was subsequently fixed by Netflix. Someone's going to have to report it to Netflix and Panasonic to have any hope of getting it fixed. Most likely Netflix will fix it on their end. I doubt Panny will ever update that old app of theirs again.
Netflix rep blew smoke and played with mirrors for an hour. First he said my ISP was jamming up then stated my player was bad. During prime time hours netflix chokes @ 500-756kbs. I ran a speakeasy benchmark through same network while netflix was fumbling their service that showed 11Mbps. Running netflix off prime time hours and I get 4-10 Mbps. Netflix will not admit it's on their side. It was fun while it lasted, but screw them if they can not meet their commitment and pin the blame on everybody else with FUD BS.
EDIT: Did I really just say all that? LOL, completely failed to look at the last few pages of complaints. However, it is streaming 1080p for me just fine, but it only shows the owners profile and not the profile I created for it. Amazing how they find ways to get us to buy more hardware.
EDIT2: Ok, well we have given up on this player and going to get a Samsung now with the new 2013 SmartHUB. Seems to have the very latest version of Netflix and Plex app.
Edited by SkOrPn - 10/31/13 at 9:43pm
We've had our DVD player for a couple of years now with no issues. The other night, we had a power failure while watching tv, not a dvd. The next day, I went to play a dvd for my son and could not get any sound. I have checked all the settings and everything seems okay. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or is someone knows what the issue could be?
- Panasonic DMP-BD65
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Energy Take Classic vs Def Tech procinema 80? 3 seconds ago
- › Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Onkyo HDMI Failures 9 seconds ago
- › Klipsch owner thread 30 seconds ago
- › "The" Onkyo TX-SR805 Thread 33 seconds ago
- › "Black" Theater Improvment Thread (Once you go black you never go... 36 seconds ago
- › Official Owners' Thread, Panasonic PT-AE8000U (US version)... 57 seconds ago
- › Official Power Sound Audio Thread 1 minute ago
- › Advice on physically smaller speakers (5.1) 1 minute ago
- › Calling all Polkies:Official Polk thread 1 minute ago
- › Denon AVR-2112CI Receiver by lhendri1
- › Klipsch RF-7 II Reference Series Flagship Floorstanding Speaker... by newwavedave
- › PlayStation 3 320GB System by barelyderr251
- › BD-F6500 - 3D Blu-ray disc player by Agent 7100
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › Emotiva UPA-700 Seven-Channel Power Amplifier by thrillcat
- › Sony HTCT260 Sound Bar Home Theater System by playback007
- › Mama [Blu-ray] by barelyderr251
- › The Proposal (+ Digital Copy) [Blu-ray] by barelyderr251
- › Grand Theft Auto V by njskaguy33
- › Academy Award Winners & Nominees on Blu-ray by skehoe
- › Game Console Review Contest by Scott Wilkinson
- › Best Blu-rays for Your Valentine's Day... by skehoe
- › Vizio and Sony Impress, Curved Screens... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Buying Guide Central by skehoe
- › Soundbar Review Contest by SocialCapital
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media Players by skehoe