Originally Posted by heismanwatch
I think I downloaded it on my USB
Did you unzip the downloaded files into the root of your USB drive?
I think I'm going to have to join those who say AVOID the network updates ...
I had an earlier than I would expect firmware version for my recently bought 570 for its manufacture date of April 2011. My first experiences were rather horrible. Clouding any issues like DLNA and playback was a problem with dual layer disks that ended up needing a parts replacement. I used a network update to 356.c to make sure I was getting through on the network. When that did nothing to fix the dual layer problem I took it to the shop resulting in a fully satisfying fix. Then as I was exploring along with my home media via DLNA project 360.c came along. I decided I'd go on to that rather than leave issues to whether the next firmware would be different. In the midst of all this from purchase through 360.c playback on my burned (single layer) BD's was good but playback on my one burned BD DL and one burned BD-RE was awful.
At 360.c I was able to use Media Center DLNA as before but suddenly could no longer use Nero MH4 due to persistent network errors. I guess I am glad they don't replace the f/w on the web site right away as I rolled back to 356.c. The flahing took minutes compared to the 1 hour plus after the 6 hours of downloading for the network updates. I'll be more careful to collect my own set of website downloads as we go along in the future (I an not in the USA region).
Back at 356.c the same suddenly occurring Nero MH network errors were still there - not solved. I reloaded the Nero software and all is fine with it again. I suspect my loading and removal testing of a Nero Kwik style network 'sync-up' at an uncertain point in the timeline was the cause of the Nero MH4 problems.
And behold. Now, except for minor glitches my BD-DL and BD-RE disks are playing back perfectly, 5 days already. On the static BD-DL disk playback only skips, drops or whatever at two specific points now, consistently. On the BD-RE playback is now either perfect or maybe at 1 or 2 points different with every time the BD-RE is re-wriiten. I suspect burning irregularities are my only cause of playback problems now, and ratty network firmware updates are suspect.
HDMI Audio is not an issue for me yet as I am going only to stereo/PCM 2 to my HDTV and Trinitron for now.
I'm still working on my home media project and may have something to add on all these format things later.