Sorry for posting this in the main forum
I'm getting close to doing a complete upgrade on my existing home theater setup, new TV, receiver. (I'm currently rocking a pre-hdmi 1080i RPTV with major overscan issues).
I have an idea of what I want but I need some suggestions to help guide me through the many options.
My current wish list:TV
- Currently Leaning towards LCD
- +/-55" Screen Size, 1080p
- Wall Mountable
- 240hz (assuming LCD)
- Local Dimming (assuming LCD)
- 1:1 Pixel Ratio for HD content /be able to turn overscan off
- 3D Support (nice to have, but not a deal breaker)
- Network and App support (netflix, vudu, etc. Nice to have, but not a deal breaker)
- Discreet code support
- Excellent picture quality is desirable
I'm looking to spend probably no more than $2k, with a total HT budget of around $4k.My current devices & Media:
Tivo - HD TV, Downloaded Media
Xbox 360 - HD Games, Standard DVDs
Wii - Standard-def games
PS3 - HD Games, BluRay Media
I'd love to get brand and model recommendations, as well as any general advice on what I should look for. I'll probably be pulling the trigger on this around spring time, if that matters.