Originally Posted by Necrosaro
Hello all, I am in the market for a 32" LED/LCD HDTV that will primarily be used for video gaming. I want to replace a Panasonic Viera 22" 60hz 720p LCD TV that I bought last year.
My criteria are as follows:
- It MUST be no bigger than 32" due to space limitations.
- It must natively support 1080p resolution (so no 720p models, please)
- It MUST have an IPS panel; this a big deal for me in regards to input lag
- It MUST have very little to no input lag; I can live with a few frames, no more than 2 FPS lag, though
- It can be LED or LCD display, since plasmas don't come smaller than 40"
- My budget for this will be up to <$500; I can't honestly spend more than that
- It must be pretty decent as a PC monitor, but this would not be a deal-breaker for me if it wasn't
- Any good deals that fit this criterion for Black Friday?
Your answer(s) are in the other sticky thread, Input Lag wars, i forget the model numbers but LG has two models, and Panasonic has two models that roughly fit your criteria. Unfortunately with the smaller LG's there's a serious panel lottery where people are having a lot of trouble
finding the IPS version. I know with the xxLK450 model you'll want to see a "Y" on the box sku which denotes an IPS panel, whereas a "D" denotes a VA panel. On the other hand with Panasonic there are no panel lotteries so you know you're getting the IPS panel type advertised on their website.
Pretty sure Pansonic has an LED
version of what you're looking for. The CCFL version may have a more uniform backlight so don't cross it off your list just yet.
Unfortunately you'll have to sift through the last 15 pages of that thread to dig up the 3 or 4 models i'm talking about.
Hopefully i've armed you with enough info to jump start your research to decide before Black Friday.