or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Mass effect 3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mass effect 3

post #1 of 2267
Thread Starter 
Because its never too early...
GameInformer has a rather sensible wishlist of how to evolve the series for the third installment:
http://gameinformer.com/b/features/a...Wish-List.aspx

Hard to find fault with any of their suggestions. Most would be easy to implement, a few would be tricky, but nothing impossible.

Me, I'd settle for more strategic gameplay options; at least to the level of ME1 (which at least offered a couple of strategic options) but ideally to a higher level. An alternate gameplay mechanic that isn't irrevocably welded to "shoot-duck-blast" would be welcome, even if only an option.

And yes, by all means, let's see missions that involve team-members *not* named Shepard; some DA-style team interactions and more extended personal relationships that impact the narrative more deeply than just a one-night stand or a catfight. In DA you can establish a romance early on and the rest of the team notices, comments on it, reacts to it.
BioWare *knows* how to do this. They just chose not to, this time around.
Next time, hopefully they will.

Any other ideas?
post #2 of 2267
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post

Because its never too early...
GameInformer has a rather sensible wishlist of how to evolve the series for the third installment:
http://gameinformer.com/b/features/a...Wish-List.aspx

Hard to find fault with any of their suggestions. Most would be easy to implement, a few would be tricky, but nothing impossible.

Me, I'd settle for more strategic gameplay options; at least to the level of ME1 (which at least offered a couple of strategic options) but ideally to a higher level. An alternate gameplay mechanic that isn't irrevocably welded to "shoot-duck-blast" would be welcome, even if only an option.

And yes, by all means, let's see missions that involve team-members *not* named Shepard; some DA-style team interactions and more extended personal relationships that impact the narrative more deeply than just a one-night stand or a catfight. In DA you can establish a romance early on and the rest of the team notices, comments on it, reacts to it.
BioWare *knows* how to do this. They just chose not to, this time around.
Next time, hopefully they will.

Any other ideas?

Add Co-ops and MP I'm game..
post #3 of 2267
I would much rather see them focus on making the combat more diverse than trying to implement co-op or MP.

I agree that having more in-depth relationships would help the game quite a bit. There really isn't a situation that can't be handled in this game with paragon or renegade and with the way that they throw those points around, it's quite easy to get the bars full in no time.
post #4 of 2267
The one thing that would kill the game would be co-op/multiplayer.

That said, I would love more games in the Mass Effect universe, and some of those could certainly be multiplayer.
post #5 of 2267
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

The one thing that would kill the game would be co-op/multiplayer.

Yes please don't kill another great SP series in order to implement a stupid co-op gimmick. Thx RE5.
post #6 of 2267
Can you post this list. That site is blocked at my job
post #7 of 2267
MP would be very difficult to do. i mean think of all the times the game will pause so you can load up incinderary ammo!

co-op sounds interesting and it may work as a lil side gimmick akin to the co-op mode in modern warfare 2. unfortuneatly mass effect works on a 3 character team and finding 2 more people to play the co-op mode would be harder than finding 1 more person to co-op on modern warfare 2.

mass effect 3 should be a culmination of the series. D'uh! i say give us more systems to explore. more missions provided thru the cerebus network. heck, maybe try to have certain planets that are kinda "lobbies" where everyone can walk-through, while keeping the actual game a single player experience. im thinking kinda like the phantasy star online series. except HUGE lobbies.

one regret now being 36 hours into the second game, is the dumbing down of leveling up your character. i liked the first games' attempt and cannot fathom what made them water it down in the second. granted it allows me to be more focused on the actual story (which is top-fricking-notch btw) and team developement, but it feels like theres an odd hole there.

also they should add a lil more variety in the mission types. maybe add a flying level like the upcoming dlc for part 2 (it has a flying vehicle if you havent hurd). i think it may help some, to have a first person view of things as well. being that it strangely seems to BE one just without the view. also i think it would be cool to have a couple of "solid snake" missions. infiltration style. solo. no team involved. that would be bad-arse!
post #8 of 2267
I kinda missed the Mako a little. A few of the better Mako levels in Mass Effect 1 were actually pretty entertaining.

I felt there were only a few side missions that diverted from the main quest in ME2. It would be nice to have the main storyline disappear into the background for a bit.

Mass Effect 1 has this cool oldy worldy scifi epic feel to it which ME2 seemed to lack a little of.

The last few missions in ME1 propel you along with a real sense of urgency and excitement that is nothing short of breathtaking. ME2 was a little lacklustre in comparisson.

I think I'd have preferred less direct loyalty missions in favor of more imaginative side quests that more naturally delivered the opportunity to get characters loyal during the course of them.

I really enjoyed combat against the geth. The other enemies lacked threat.
A bit of variety in the enemies wouldn't go amiss: it gets a bit repetative wondering when the ubiquitous big mechs will make an appearance to spice things up.

The stats system and loot in ME1 was too convoluted and redundant but they threw a little too much of it away in ME2. A few more armour types and emaningful weapons upgraded would have been nice.

The music was better in ME1.
post #9 of 2267
At one time I do think they said ME3 would have ship to ship combat but I have not heard anything as of late on that.
post #10 of 2267
i think it would be totally rad if i could import my avatar to be my mass effect 3 shepard
post #11 of 2267
easy, ME3 needs to be more like ME1 and less like ME2
post #12 of 2267
hey guis! i did some uber 1337 haxing on microsoft's xbox.com and found confirmation of avatar use in MASS EFFECT 3
(also send this to 3 friends and you get like $50.... working from home...)
post #13 of 2267
Awesome!

Son, I am not dissapoint...
post #14 of 2267
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidML3 View Post

Can you post this list. That site is blocked at my job

Long detailed article.
Summary:

1- Meaningful Exploration
2- Enhanced relationships
3- Break from formula, (structure-wise)
4- Strategic combat
5- A dynamic character (more personalization; skills, ability, combat style)
6- Big conclusion

Each point is nicely explained and a case made for each requested enhancement. No hate dished out; it isn't about taking things out of the game, its about adding to the fun.
post #15 of 2267
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post

Mass Effect 1 has this cool oldy worldy scifi epic feel to it which ME2 seemed to lack a little of.

The music was better in ME1.

The difference in feel is because Mass Effect 1 paid strong homage to THE LENSMEN SERIES; MASS EFECT 2 pays strong homage to GEARS OF WAR.

Yes, the music was better in ME1, would like to see more music like Virmire or the two Afterlife pieces.
And something like Spectre induction... I bought the ME1 soundtrack just for that and Virmire Run. ME2 soundtrack? Pass. Unless it includes the music from the cinematic trailer. That is cool. But *not* in the game. (Bummer!)
post #16 of 2267
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

The one thing that would kill the game would be co-op/multiplayer.

That said, I would love more games in the Mass Effect universe, and some of those could certainly be multiplayer.

I'm sure EA has a crew out somewhere cooking up a generic shooter they can graft an ME story to. One they can multiplat on 7 systems.
post #17 of 2267
i hope ea doesnt slap the ME story onto The Sims in Outta Space!

DANG!
post #18 of 2267
More graphic nudity.
post #19 of 2267
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post

I'm sure EA has a crew out somewhere cooking up a generic shooter they can graft an ME story to. One they can multiplat on 7 systems.

I would quite dig a hard core FPS set in the ME universe to be honest.
post #20 of 2267
i really miss the virtual orgasmic rape from the first one... they need more of that in #3.
post #21 of 2267
I'd say that by next year we'll see a Lego Mass Effect game on every console, you can put that in writing!!!
post #22 of 2267
Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd View Post

i really miss the virtual orgasmic rape from the first one... they need more of that in #3.

;p
post #23 of 2267
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post

I'd say that by next year we'll see a Lego Mass Effect game on every console, you can put that in writing!!!

post #24 of 2267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Face View Post


our uav is online!
post #25 of 2267
i thought i had jammer on...FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU
post #26 of 2267
The success of ME2 makes me think that there's no way Bioware will move ME3 back towards its RPG roots.

I've stopped thinking of ME2 as an RPG. It's more enjoyable that way.
post #27 of 2267
I recently started playing Dragon Age: Origins and while it is a well made and fun game, I'm happy that Mass Effect doesn't go extreme with its RPG elements. There's something to be said for an RPG-style game that doesn't force you to micromanage every aspect of your characters and their gear and while Bioware maybe dumbed the whole thing down a little too much I prefer that ME3 continue the RPG-lite paradigm that ME2 seemed to adopt. I don't mind the player getting back some control over customizing his weapons and gear, and maybe a few more options for the player's characteristics / abilities but I don't want ME3 to turn into a full-blown RPG where I spend more time in the menus than on the actual playing field. I also wouldn't mind seeing some vehicular based combat (either in space or on a planet's surface) and maybe a rudimentary economic system so I can sell some of those precious minerals I spend so much time mining. But beyond that, I thought the game struck a good balance of action to character development, even at the expense of more traditional RPG elements.

As to the storyline for ME3, the current game seemed to spend a lot of time on the Geth / Quarian conflict so I wouldn't be surprised if that plays some role in ME3.
post #28 of 2267
mass effect 4 is supposedly in work now! EA has given the development to Ubisoft.

Imagine: Mass Effect 4: Shepard Baby Blues

Shepard has many blue babies and they have all got a mind of their own! scan the local planet clusters for diapers and formula cause shepard couldnt keep it in his pants in all previous installments.

Travel to unexplored planets in search of yo babies' momma's to collect that back child-support! You think Octo-Mom had it rough! See Trecenti-Dadi work it!






*this may or may not have been made up by me
post #29 of 2267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Face View Post

*this may or may not have been made up by me

Can't imagine anyone wanting to lay claim to that.

Was it supposed to be funny?
post #30 of 2267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post

I kinda missed the Mako a little. A few of the better Mako levels in Mass Effect 1 were actually pretty entertaining.

I felt there were only a few side missions that diverted from the main quest in ME2. It would be nice to have the main storyline disappear into the background for a bit.

Mass Effect 1 has this cool oldy worldy scifi epic feel to it which ME2 seemed to lack a little of.

The last few missions in ME1 propel you along with a real sense of urgency and excitement that is nothing short of breathtaking. ME2 was a little lacklustre in comparisson.

I think I'd have preferred less direct loyalty missions in favor of more imaginative side quests that more naturally delivered the opportunity to get characters loyal during the course of them.

I really enjoyed combat against the geth. The other enemies lacked threat.
A bit of variety in the enemies wouldn't go amiss: it gets a bit repetative wondering when the ubiquitous big mechs will make an appearance to spice things up.

The stats system and loot in ME1 was too convoluted and redundant but they threw a little too much of it away in ME2. A few more armour types and emaningful weapons upgraded would have been nice.

The music was better in ME1.

I could not agree more. ME2 was missing the usual Bioware story (think the protagonist reveal in KOTR etc.). They kept saying it, but Shepard didn't feel like the "chosen one". I thought that in the first game the visions and spectre elements really added to Shepard's character. I also agree that the ending was lacking especially compared to ME1.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox Area
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Home Theater Gaming › Xbox Area › Mass effect 3