or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Justified" on FX HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Justified" on FX HD - Page 66

post #1951 of 3218
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post



+!. There's also the fact that Colt was clearly uneasy about killing her, would he do it if the order didn't come from Boyd? Ava got worrtied when she realized EM was still thinking about what she knew. The smile vanished off Boyd's face when he saw the concern on Ava's. They both know she couldn't be trusted not to tell someone now the she knew it was important-EM is not exactly the brightest bulb in the world. I think it was a a decision they both reluctantly agreed to, thinking they had no choice.
My guess too.

They gave EM way too much rope to hang herself with.
She has been a dangerous liability for a long time....she knows too much to be allowed to walk the earth.
Eventually, she would have talked to someone and Boyd and Ava would have had a much bigger problem on their hands.
post #1952 of 3218
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

That's how they pronounce it, regardless of the proper spelling.
Yeah, that.

Whenever I hear someone say it on the show, I immediately think of Elly May Clampett.tongue.gif
post #1953 of 3218
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post



+!. There's also the fact that Colt was clearly uneasy about killing her, would he do it if the order didn't come from Boyd? Ava got worrtied when she realized EM was still thinking about what she knew. The smile vanished off Boyd's face when he saw the concern on Ava's. They both know she couldn't be trusted not to tell someone now the she knew it was important-EM is not exactly the brightest bulb in the world. I think it was a a decision they both reluctantly agreed to, thinking they had no choice.

Glad you mentioned Colt. He was genuinely rattled by the order to kill Ellen May. Indeed, Colt's ambivalence is what led to the delay that allowed Ellen May to make what was maybe the smartest move of her life, get away before Colt came back to the car. As dim as Ellen May is, even she must have seen that Colt heard something shocking in the call he got and that it couldn't have been good news. Maybe the girl is a survivor. I hope so but have my doubts.
post #1954 of 3218
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Yeah, that.

Whenever I hear someone say it on the show, I immediately think of Elly May Clampett.tongue.gif



Good one!!
post #1955 of 3218
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

The bottom line is that Ava is not a free agent when it comes to decisions as momentous as killing an ex employee. That sort of thing is Boyd's call, always has been, always will be. Now, that's not to say that Ava having suggested it in the first place wasn't chilling. Ava is almost as scary as Boyd.

OK we'll just ignore what Yost had to say about it being Ava's decision then.
post #1956 of 3218
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Glad you mentioned Colt. He was genuinely rattled by the order to kill Ellen May. Indeed, Colt's ambivalence is what led to the delay that allowed Ellen May to make what was maybe the smartest move of her life, get away before Colt came back to the car. As dim as Ellen May is, even she must have seen that Colt heard something shocking in the call he got and that it couldn't have been good news. Maybe the girl is a survivor. I hope so but have my doubts.

I think Ellie May (sorry -- since that's how they pronounce it, that's how I'll spell it) will seek out the preacher's sister now that she's on the run because at this point, she literally has no other place to go. Boyd will come to this conclusion as well, and Colt will get taken to the woodshed for his carelessness. You just can't find good help these days.
post #1957 of 3218
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

That's how they pronounce it, regardless of the proper spelling.

Actually sounds like they call her "Ella May" to me....
post #1958 of 3218
Here's my $.02 on the Ellen / Ellie thread. Her name is Ellen, but they call her Ellie. William/Willie/Billy, Jessica/Jessie, Ellen/Ellie. Now ya'll can just rest assured that you're all correct. cool.gif Not sure if its been mentioned, but wikipedia lists her as Ellen.
post #1959 of 3218
I think a more appropriate name for her is "Dummy May." tongue.gif
post #1960 of 3218
And very soon, probably "Dead" would be what we call her. biggrin.gif
post #1961 of 3218
this whole Ellen May (BTW IMDB > Wiki) thing reminds me of a great quote by Lewis Grizzard about how things are pronounced in the South.

"Naked means you ain't go no clothes on. Nekkid means you ain't go no clothes on and you up to something"
post #1962 of 3218
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

And very soon, probably "Dead" would be what we call her. biggrin.gif
True.wink.gif
post #1963 of 3218
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

And very soon, probably "Dead" would be what we call her. biggrin.gif

You'd think so just for evolutionary purposes but Yost & company really like the actress and her archetype on Justified so my bet is that she continues on. Odds are agin' me I confess.
post #1964 of 3218
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post



By definition, almost half the episodes have to be below average, unless you're asserting that every episode is just "average".

Not if all of the episodes are excellent. wink.gif
post #1965 of 3218
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post

You'd think so just for evolutionary purposes but Yost & company really like the actress and her archetype on Justified so my bet is that she continues on. Odds are agin' me I confess.

She plays the role very well. Very convincing that she has drug issues and very low self esteem. I can't see how she could get back into the good graces of Boyd. It's just a matter of time when the storyline ends for her.
post #1966 of 3218
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobg View Post

She [Abby Miller] plays the role very well. Very convincing that she has drug issues and very low self esteem.

I agree that Abby Miller has been terrific as Ellen May roll. Although Ellen May is an addict, an emotional mess, and dumber than rocks, Miller somehow finds a way to make herself so lovable, we root for her anyway, or at least I do.smile.gif
post #1967 of 3218
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

Not if all of the episodes are excellent. wink.gif

Mmmkay, below the usual excellence then.
post #1968 of 3218
Tonight looks to be a good one, it's back to the "A" team...
post #1969 of 3218
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandron View Post

Tonight looks to be a good one, it's back to the "A" team...
Counting down the minutes....smile.gif
post #1970 of 3218
Ha. I've been thinking about it since I got to work tongue.gif

Still gotta exercise before the show though. That's "work" too. lol
post #1971 of 3218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Ha. I've been thinking about it since I got to work tongue.gif

Still gotta exercise before the show though. That's "work" too. lol
I exercise my left arm lifting pints before every episode....wink.gif
post #1972 of 3218
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I exercise my left arm lifting pints before every episode....wink.gif

lol wtf biggrin.gif

Awesome reply. I want to drink beer! I told myself February 15th but technically my 1.5 month detox ends the next weekend, February 22nd. Either way, getting closure. Gonna get drunk biggrin.gif
post #1973 of 3218
The best show on television just keeps getting better.
post #1974 of 3218
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

The best show on television just keeps getting better.

The only show that I think "it's over already?" on TV.

And what a shocking moment tonight...
post #1975 of 3218
I am beginning to think, at the end of the season, there is going to be a lot of blood on the floor.
Lots of candidates jumped out at me tonite.biggrin.gif

I didn't see the sheriff rescuing EM.
I didn't see Boyd being in the same hole as Raylan.
And I am SO glad to see a brief appearance of Winona....my, oh my....tongue.gif

I don't like the B.S. storyline of letting cop-killing Arlo get a reprieve.
NO, it wouldn't frickin' happen; at least, not in this universe.
Arlo is done...end of story.
Let's get some NEW characters, folks.
post #1976 of 3218
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I am beginning to think, at the end of the season, there is going to be a lot of blood on the floor.
Lots of candidates jumped out at me tonite.biggrin.gif

I didn't see the sheriff rescuing EM.
I didn't see Boyd being in the same hole as Raylan.
And I am SO glad to see a brief appearance of Winona....my, oh my....tongue.gif

I don't like the B.S. storyline of letting cop-killing Arlo get a reprieve.
NO, it wouldn't frickin' happen; at least, not in this universe.
Arlo is done...end of story.
Let's get some NEW characters, folks.

I'm glad EM is being held safe (well, at least for the moment.) Interesting how Boyd's military buddy is lying against Boyd. Once Boyd finds out, he's going to be so mad eek.gif

Yeah, I did not see Boyd being in the same hole either. Was a little shocked tongue.gif

Winona is beautiful, glad she made an appearance last night. She should stop by more often. Possibly the best looking female character on the show.

"The hills" people were a little funny. Glad to see Bob Sweeney come back too.
post #1977 of 3218
EW has a nice post mortem on the show with Yost. A tiny bit spoilerish but nothing too direct. http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/05/justified-kin-postmortem/
post #1978 of 3218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Possibly the best looking female character on the show television.
FIXED.
post #1979 of 3218
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

FIXED.

EW... really? Looks like a somewhat recovered heroin addict to me... actually haven't seen many REALLY good looking woman on this show. But the stories are certainly great!
post #1980 of 3218
Quote:
Originally Posted by iontyre View Post

EW... really? Looks like a somewhat recovered heroin addict to me... actually haven't seen many REALLY good looking woman on this show. But the stories are certainly great!
Huh?confused.gif
I was referring to Winona.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Programming
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Programming › "Justified" on FX HD