Originally Posted by Fabricator
yeah, very nice. but. you, like me, have to do some decorating. bare walls, blaa
Hi Menasor, I also agree this is a beautiful setup, indeed.
Some thoughts in mind I might add to make a good thing perfect:
1. Plain walls, glass table and the like are menaces for causing unnecessary reflections responsible to make a room reverberate, hence cause distortion of the sound image. As it was mentioned earlier some decoration on the walls could tame these effects, yet, some table cloth on that glass cocktail table could also do wonders.
2. As regards plain walls, the best would be, well,...at time of your next "home remodelling" project is to use wallpaper that has a kinda "rough" texture. That's another good way to take care of reflections in the mid-to-high frequency range.
3. I suppose you made full use of the Onkyo's Audyssey MultEQ XT auto set-up feature utilizing all 8 microphone positions to create an acoustic bubble around your main listening area.
4. You've got some cable hiding and wall plug hiding homework to do. Although they do not have effect on the sound quality at all, but they just visually challenge the viewers' eyes. You know what I mean, eh? :-)
5. Care to share some more pix of the sub and your couch?