or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung LED UNxxC6300, UNxxC7000, and UNxxC8000 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung LED UNxxC6300, UNxxC7000, and UNxxC8000 Owners Thread - Page 3

post #61 of 6307
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocuMaker View Post

How does white text look on an all black screen? On last year's models all the LED's had to be dimmed to provide for excellent blacks, and the white lettering in the center of the screen suffered, and was unusually dim as a result. Does a little bit of white text on a black background seem any brighter on this year's models?
Thanks!


See the last picture of post #51 above. Not the greatest picture, but the text does seem pretty bright. A little flashlighting at the bottom of screen also. Seems to be mixed reports on the flashlighting...maybe some units are worse than others?
post #62 of 6307
@ DarkGSR

Great review. Thx. Can you please say some words about the built-in speakers?
post #63 of 6307
Quote:
Originally Posted by henbone11 View Post

in the Black Pearl screenshots, is that light coming from the bottom right corner and the bottom?

Yes, that is the Flash-Lighting and clouding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsegt View Post

what does the smart LED setting do? Usually smart led means local dimming, so I think it may control the backlight dimming. Are there any problems with using a high speed HDMI 1.3 cable and will it work with 3D, or should I just get a 1.4 cable? Also would someone who has a C7000 take some pics of the frame, Im curious about how distracting the mystic earth TOC is.

1.4 for the bandwidth. The ToC is not distracting at all. I'll take some day pics today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajreynol View Post

yea, my understanding is that the glasses will be $60-$125/pair.

certainly off-putting in the event that you were planning on hosting a 3D super bowl party next February.

thanks for the pictures, all. the flashlighting in Pando's and GSR's posted images is pretty disappointing.

No where near as bad as the B8000 though so strong improvement and also those glasses are going for about $150. Active Shutter Samsung 3D Battery powered glasses are the ones you need. I have the model number laying around here somewhere.
post #64 of 6307
Quote:
Originally Posted by felsi View Post

@ DarkGSR

Great review. Thx. Can you please say some words about the built-in speakers?

How could I forget! The built-in speakers are another strong improvement over ALL last year Samsung LED's. I no longer need to turn it up to 50+ to hear the news or watch my hockey game.I leave it around 15-20 and the SRS HD portion actually adds some depth to the sound. No way good for movies or anything but great for some sports, news, and regular TV viewing. I no longer need to hook my surround sound to my LED. Just use it for the PS3.
post #65 of 6307
so I just went ahead and ordered the 55c7000 from Big River because of the crazy price decrease. i was all set on getting a 55b8000 from them, but the difference is now small enough to go for the newer one.

Anyway, so i want to get in on the widgets and new samsung apps. The link stick for last years tv's seems to be sold out everywhere. Does anyone know if they are making a new one for this years models or is there another product out there that will do the same thing
post #66 of 6307
anyone know anything about the camera/mic used for Skype? Where does it attach? Where do I get one? What camera models are supported?

thanks.
post #67 of 6307
@DarkGSR

At first: I´m new here. Sorry for my bad english, i´m german
The TV looks very good!

What panel-version do you have in your TV? Is it a "SQ01" Panel or an other? Some people say, the SQ01 is the best one.

thx
post #68 of 6307
Quote:
Originally Posted by dx31698 View Post

so I just went ahead and ordered the 55c7000 from Big River because of the crazy price decrease. i was all set on getting a 55b8000 from them, but the difference is now small enough to go for the newer one.

I hope they get equally aggressive with the 55C8000.

Buzz
post #69 of 6307
How are the black levels?
post #70 of 6307
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic1988 View Post

@DarkGSR

At first: I´m new here. Sorry for my bad english, i´m german
The TV looks very good!

What panel-version do you have in your TV? Is it a "SQ01" Panel or an other? Some people say, the SQ01 is the best one.

thx

Mine is SQ01.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satirev View Post

anyone know anything about the camera/mic used for Skype? Where does it attach? Where do I get one? What camera models are supported?

thanks.

I haven't looked into that one really, i think it maybe take one of the USB ports and work from there. I'll look into it later for ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx31698 View Post

so I just went ahead and ordered the 55c7000 from Big River because of the crazy price decrease. i was all set on getting a 55b8000 from them, but the difference is now small enough to go for the newer one.

Anyway, so i want to get in on the widgets and new samsung apps. The link stick for last years tv's seems to be sold out everywhere. Does anyone know if they are making a new one for this years models or is there another product out there that will do the same thing

The stick is very very high demand and not enough supply. I don't think a new one just because the 2009 model supported Wireless-N so there is nothing new to support or reason to make another. Maybe to get slimmer? Who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnswer_03 View Post

How are the black levels?

Last night on Pirates 1 it was very nice and good detail with blacks and shadows. Also when watching Canes play last night I did not notice the uneven whites that Chad referred to earlier in his review, not the change of color depth left to right. I did see change however as you sit lower to the floor.
post #71 of 6307
When will the C8000 be released and any major differences between that and the C7000?
post #72 of 6307
Is this price on the c7000 dropping because the C8000 is coming out soon. With this price reduction to around $2500 I am tempted to jump on the C7000. I wonder if my local HHGREGG will price match the river.
post #73 of 6307
Some is an LG fanboy... Also just like how the B9000 was the best ever but never released. I think that LX9900 will be he same.
post #74 of 6307
Can anyone tell me the difference between these two models. Both are listed under Big River, but only the 6500 has the features section.
post #75 of 6307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed932 View Post

Can anyone tell me the difference between these two models. Both are listed under Big River, but only the 6500 has the features section.

I believe the 6300 lacks the Samsung Aps and the Internet@TV Features. C6300 has the flat table stand while the C6500 has the birdsfeet.

C6300


C6500
post #76 of 6307
OK, I will try my question here. I am looking to get a 46in LED from Samsung. I only sit about 8-10 feet from the TV. I am not sure that going 3D would be a benefit to me given the size I want and viewing distance. Do people expect the new 46C8000 to significantly out perform the 46B8000 is standard 2D Blu-Ray viewing?
Thanks
post #77 of 6307
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

OK, I will try my question here. I am looking to get a 46in LED from Samsung. I only sit about 8-10 feet from the TV. I am not sure that going 3D would be a benefit to me given the size I want and viewing distance. Do people expect the new 46C8000 to significantly out perform the 46B8000 is standard 2D Blu-Ray viewing?
Thanks

I can't speak for the 46" although I am pretty sure that it is almost identical in visual quality as the B55 8000 just smaller. I had the B55 8000, and now I own the 55 C7000, and it out performs the B8000 in every way plus it's 3D just in case you ever want to go that route. I can only imagine that the C8000 will be better than the C7000 and so much better than the B8000, that I would not even consider the B unless you are getting it for an unbelievably low price and even then might have some doubts.
post #78 of 6307
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGriffin View Post

I can't speak for the 46" although I am pretty sure that it is almost identical in visual quality as the B55 8000 just smaller. I had the B55 8000, and now I own the 55 C7000, and it out performs the B8000 in every way plus it's 3D just in case you ever want to go that route. I can only imagine that the C8000 will be better than the C7000 and so much better than the B8000, that I would not even consider the B unless you are getting it for an unbelievably low price and even then might have some doubts.

Thanks for the reply. I asked my dealer to see if he could find a B. The Guy at Best Buy said the only ones he had were on the floor. I haven't recived a price quote yet for the B but what I did was I asked if he could match the BB price they were selling it for. I won't list it but it was a pretty good deal to me. But maybe now I will see if I can just change it to a new C. If I can't, oh well. I am pretty sure I can be happy with a B8000.
Thanks again.
post #79 of 6307
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeDuke View Post

Thanks for the reply. I asked my dealer to see if he could find a B. The Guy at Best Buy said the only ones he had were on the floor. I haven't recived a price quote yet for the B but what I did was I asked if he could match the BB price they were selling it for. I won't list it but it was a pretty good deal to me. But maybe now I will see if I can just change it to a new C. If I can't, oh well. I am pretty sure I can be happy with a B8000.
Thanks again.

The 46B8000 didn't show too many flaws but yet the C outperforms the B in pretty much everyway so far. The B is hard to find in areas, around here we still have em. Can always see if ur local best buy can cross-dock transfer one for you =) Make take week or two but worth it for ya. Personally I say go with the C instead. Even if 3D isn't a big deal for you, it's a better LED. I personally don't give a hoot about 3D just nice to have so not behind times already.
post #80 of 6307
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxvegas98 View Post

Is this price on the c7000 dropping because the C8000 is coming out soon. With this price reduction to around $2500 I am tempted to jump on the C7000.

Actually this is not a true price drop at all. Just venders selling below "MAP" pricing.

Look at the price of the UN46C7000, that is "MAP" pricing.
post #81 of 6307
Just ordered the 46C8000 . If it is better than the B, which looked really good in Best Buy, I know I know, can't judge in there, I should be a happy camper
post #82 of 6307
I presume you mean a 46C7000? I didn't think the C8000's were on sale yet.
post #83 of 6307
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian View Post

I presume you mean a 46C7000? I didn't think the C8000's were on sale yet.

I double checked with my dealer twice. I specifically asked him if it was the 8000 and he said yes. Even if it the 7000 I will not cancel the order. I am sure that I will like it regardless. I will update when I get it.
post #84 of 6307
Cool...let us know. Did he mention if it's an in stock item ready to ship or was this some type of pre-order?
post #85 of 6307
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian View Post

Cool...let us know. Did he mention if it's an in stock item ready to ship or was this some type of pre-order?

No he did not mention that. I just asked him to keep updated on a time line. I will post an update when I have conformation of the order.
post #86 of 6307
The C8000's are not available for sale anytime soon or even available in the system. So assuming a pre-order with no time frame. Also, the C7000 pricing are not offical price drops, these are just price drops by certain stores and not even all company wide just certain stores for attention.

Edit***SSG-2100AB = Model Number of the 3D Active Shutter Glasses needed with the 55C7000
post #87 of 6307
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGSR View Post

The C8000's are not available for sale anytime soon or even available in the system. So assuming a pre-order with no time frame. Also, the C7000 pricing are not offical price drops, these are just price drops by certain stores and not even all company wide just certain stores for attention.

That's fine. I did not put any money down or anything. I just indicated that is the one I wanted so he knows. I get it when I get it. Not a big deal to me.
post #88 of 6307
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGSR View Post

The C8000's are not available for sale anytime soon or even available in the system. So assuming a pre-order with no time frame. Also, the C7000 pricing are not offical price drops, these are just price drops by certain stores and not even all company wide just certain stores for attention.

Edit***SSG-2100AB = Model Number of the 3D Active Shutter Glasses needed with the 55C7000

any word on when these glasses will arrive? I just ordered the C7000 so I def want to pick up a pair.

Also - for those that ordered through amazon (but ultimately BUY.com) - did you receive a tracking number for the item? Ordered mine yesterday and no update but shipping est is March 11th - 16th.

...and finally - for the guys with the tv. Talk to me about hockey - I'm can't wait to see how good it looks! Especially 3d
post #89 of 6307
Quote:
Originally Posted by delt31 View Post

any word on when these glasses will arrive? I just ordered the C7000 so I def want to pick up a pair.

Also - for those that ordered through amazon (but ultimately BUY.com) - did you receive a tracking number for the item? Ordered mine yesterday and no update but shipping est is March 11th - 16th.

...and finally - for the guys with the tv. Talk to me about hockey - I'm can't wait to see how good it looks! Especially 3d

Glasses should arrive by March 14th or 21st. Also there are different models of the glasses I was just made aware of. There are the battery powered ones and Rechargable ones. $50USD difference between the two.

The 8000 only advantage over 7000 is the seamless dimming. We'll see how well that turns out. Hockey looks amazing on this TV in 2D even. Waiting on the glasses!
post #90 of 6307
Does the TV come with at least one pair of glasses or do you have to buy them separately also.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: LCD Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › LCD Flat Panel Displays › Official Samsung LED UNxxC6300, UNxxC7000, and UNxxC8000 Owners Thread