or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Panasonic G20/25 Owner's Discussion Thread [no price talk]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Panasonic G20/25 Owner's Discussion Thread [no price talk] - Page 277

post #8281 of 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerempek View Post
why nobody answered my question the 2D comparision between ST30 and GT25 series....
There could be two reasons:

1. Most people in this thread are G20/G25 owners, not ST30 owners.

2. You've posted your question 5 or 6 times in AVS forums. Each time, you simply ask your question and never show any indication you've done any homework/research on your own. People are more likely to help you if you can show you've tried to figure out some of it on your own.

Also, once you've found a relevant thread, use the "Search this thread" box - it works really well.
post #8282 of 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerempek View Post
why nobody answered my question the 2D comparision between ST30 and GT25 series....
Considering the G25 and GT25 are two different tvs I'm not suprised.
post #8283 of 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrogin View Post

There could be two reasons:

1. Most people in this thread are G20/G25 owners, not ST30 owners.

2. You've posted your question 5 or 6 times in AVS forums. Each time, you simply ask your question and never show any indication you've done any homework/research on your own. People are more likely to help you if you can show you've tried to figure out some of it on your own.

Also, once you've found a relevant thread, use the "Search this thread" box - it works really well.

1-I know the most people have G20/G25 owners and this increase the possibility that one of them may have another ST30 as a secondary tv or sthng else.(G25 and GT 25 has the same panel but may be i am wrong....)

2-i did'nt post my question 5-6 times in this forum.You can search it by clicking on may name and see my threads...

3-it's the easisest way to say someone to search for it in a forum.especially it has 277 pages on one thread.i hope you don't have your most of your posts by saying "search for it".
post #8284 of 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post

Considering the G25 and GT25 are two different tvs I'm not suprised.

they are different tv's but has the same panel.I thought that they have the same 2D quality.So i asked the question by that way.
post #8285 of 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerempek View Post

they are different tv's but has the same panel.I thought that they have the same 2D quality.So i asked the question by that way.

I will concede they are very similar but not the same. Different phosphers in the GT25.
post #8286 of 8528
Does this TV access the Amazon Instant Video that allows free streaming with a Prime membership or just the rental service they offer?
post #8287 of 8528
^^Access to everything from Amazon!
post #8288 of 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sGuy View Post

^^Access to everything from Amazon!

Beautiful! Thanks for the quick reply. Might have to ditch my Netflix streaming addon and just get Blurays via mail. Save a couple bucks that way.
post #8289 of 8528
I am annoyed beyond belief.

Last weekend, my slightly older than 1 year P50G20 crapped out and started throwing the 10 Blink code. After some googling, I narrowed it down to the Input, Power Supply, or Sustain boards. Being industrious, I decided to fix it myself, since the tech wanted $150 just to look at it.

First I ordered the Input board. No luck there.

Then I ordered the Power Supply. No luck there.

Now I have the Sustain boards on order, due Wednesday.

If neither of those work, I'm at a loss as to what's next, other than taking it to a shop and spending gobs of cash to get it fixed.
post #8290 of 8528
My p54G25 failed with the 10 blink code 4 days after it was installed. The shop where I bought it picked it up and left me another Panasonic plasma loaner. The repair order says that they replaced the "SC" board and shows a part number TXNSC1LVUU. That was last December and it's been great since then.

I hope that this helps.
post #8291 of 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBizIU View Post

I am annoyed beyond belief.

Last weekend, my slightly older than 1 year P50G20 crapped out and started throwing the 10 Blink code. After some googling, I narrowed it down to the Input, Power Supply, or Sustain boards. Being industrious, I decided to fix it myself, since the tech wanted $150 just to look at it.

First I ordered the Input board. No luck there.

Then I ordered the Power Supply. No luck there.

Now I have the Sustain boards on order, due Wednesday.

If neither of those work, I'm at a loss as to what's next, other than taking it to a shop and spending gobs of cash to get it fixed.

Did you buy it on a credit card? Many credit cards double the warranty on products purchased with the card.
post #8292 of 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBizIU View Post

I am annoyed beyond belief.

Last weekend, my slightly older than 1 year P50G20 crapped out and started throwing the 10 Blink code. After some googling, I narrowed it down to the Input, Power Supply, or Sustain boards. Being industrious, I decided to fix it myself, since the tech wanted $150 just to look at it.

First I ordered the Input board. No luck there.

Then I ordered the Power Supply. No luck there.

Now I have the Sustain boards on order, due Wednesday.

If neither of those work, I'm at a loss as to what's next, other than taking it to a shop and spending gobs of cash to get it fixed.

The other posters have some good info. and ideas. be sure to follow up on those.

You should have the service manual by now. What does it say that code means? Also use manual to check the SMPS (power supply) for all the proper voltages. If you are doing this, you obviously have some experience, but please remember to observe all warnings about the SMPS. It's not a bad idea to have someone close-by in case you need help quickly.

Also, try performing any hidden service mode master resets. However, use caution resetting the calibration unless you are prepared to re-calibrate it.
post #8293 of 8528
A welcome surprise. When I went to watch some Netflix I was prompted for a software upgrade. Viera Cast was then upgraded to Viera Connect, the internet package for newer models. I had hoped that Panasonic would not abandon buyers of 2010 model sets. A blow has been struck for brand loyalty.
post #8294 of 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryRich View Post

A welcome surprise. When I went to watch some Netflix I was prompted for a software upgrade. Viera Cast was then upgraded to Viera Connect, the internet package for newer models. I had hoped that Panasonic would not abandon buyers of 2010 model sets. A blow has been struck for brand loyalty.

yup, was just informed my g25 just updated to viera connect. nice. all indications were it wasn't going to happen
post #8295 of 8528
Where can you go to see what FW updates include? Mine says 3.70 is available but there is no description on what the update includes?
post #8296 of 8528
If you had your set calibrated does the new firmware update kill your calibrated settings?

Mike
post #8297 of 8528
Wow I thought you guys were joking about the VieraConnect update when I read your posts this morning!

I just updated my TC-P50G25 to software version 3.720. The TV downloaded the update, then restarted twice as part of the update process. I don't believe that any picture settings changed during that time; however I have never been into the service menu so I can't speak to those tweaks.

First thing I tried was to see if the TV could now pass through the Netflix 5.1 audio tracks. No luck there. Netflix interface looks the same as ever. I do see now that on the VieraConnect screens there are now 5 pages available to store "channels" (up from 3).

I've only had it applied for a few minutes but IMO the TV seems slightly slower loading the VConnect interface than it did with VieraCast--it could be that the channels have more interactive / real-time content to load, or just my internet getting slow this time of night (thank you, Cablevision!).
post #8298 of 8528
Panasonic's iPhone app "Viera remote" didn't work with the TV either. (Which makes sense considering that the software update did not cause an "Enable network control" menu item to appear.)
post #8299 of 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by petern View Post

Wow I thought you guys were joking about the VieraConnect update when I read your posts this morning!

I just updated my TC-P50G25 to software version 3.720. The TV downloaded the update, then restarted twice as part of the update process. I don't believe that any picture settings changed during that time; however I have never been into the service menu so I can't speak to those tweaks.

First thing I tried was to see if the TV could now pass through the Netflix 5.1 audio tracks. No luck there. Netflix interface looks the same as ever. I do see now that on the VieraConnect screens there are now 5 pages available to store "channels" (up from 3).

I've only had it applied for a few minutes but IMO the TV seems slightly slower loading the VConnect interface than it did with VieraCast--it could be that the channels have more interactive / real-time content to load, or just my internet getting slow this time of night (thank you, Cablevision!).

Updates from VieraConnect would not change how an app works, if any it only improves the layout. The content itself has to be updated/changed from the service provider. Netflix does not offer anything 'streaming' with Dolby Digital 5.1, the only thing they've added was 'subtitles' (only limited to a few selected titles) but then you'd have to rely on third-party streaming devices such as a PS3, ROKU, certain BD players, or from a computer for the subtitled contents, but of course foreign-films are are automatically 'imbedded' to them.
As far as accessing speed on Viera, I find it the same, just gotta get used to the color scheme though.
post #8300 of 8528
It would be cool if the iPhone app would work with this tv, oh well!
post #8301 of 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sGuy View Post

Netflix does not offer anything 'streaming' with Dolby Digital 5.1, the only thing they've added was 'subtitles' (only limited to a few selected titles) but then you'd have to rely on third-party streaming devices such as a PS3, ROKU, certain BD players, or from a computer for the subtitled contents, but of course foreign-films are are automatically 'imbedded' to them.

Official LIst of Netflix Watch Instantly Titles w/5.1 Sound
post #8302 of 8528
^^Wow, guess I've been away too long. Time to go and get me one of those WD Live players then. Titles are scarce though.

Thanx for the update, and I apologized for my previous post!
post #8303 of 8528
Seems Logitech has a TV camera that supposedly works with the 2011 models(only) using Skype for $150.

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/...ail/a_id/23127

However, Panny not showing Logitech on their website

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...ption4_1b.html

Would like to know if it would work with a 2010 TC-P50G20.

*UPDATE*

Logitech support said that they only tested the 2011 models. Suggested I buy if from someone offering 100% money back guarantee in case I can't get it to work with my g50p20. Have not heard back from Panasonic and probably won't since they not involved with Logitech testing.
post #8304 of 8528
I don't see anyone else stating that their "older" G20's can't get the update like mine. It's online but states it can't connect to the server. I think it was a Oct 2009 made set. Does that mean the Viera Cast is out of commission forever now?
post #8305 of 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Dollars View Post

I don't see anyone else stating that their "older" G20's can't get the update like mine. It's online but states it can't connect to the server. I think it was a Oct 2009 made set. Does that mean the Viera Cast is out of commission forever now?


I had a problem with the Viera Cast update that added Netflix. Panasonic gave me the following instructions that fixed my problem.



1. Hold down the [VOL-] button on the TV and the [MENU] button on the TV remote simultaneously while pointing the remote at the IR sensor of the TV for over 5 seconds or until SELF CHECK appears on the TV screen, then release the buttons.

2. Unplug the TV's power cord (either from the back of the TV or the power source, whichever is most convenient) for over 2 minutes.

3. Plug the TV's power cord back in.

4. Power on the TV and perform the First Time Setup.


Good luck.
post #8306 of 8528
Thanks for the suggestion. I did the steps and reset the TV, but still the same message appears. I will bite the bullet and call Panny. Wish me luck!
post #8307 of 8528
Wow, today is a good day for 2010 Panasonic Viera owners who are baseball fans! Since March I've been emailing Panasonic wondering when MLB.TV would be available for 2010 TVs like it is for 2011. I kept getting the same answer "we don't know if it ever will be but they don't tell us ahead of time anyway before an update comes along."

Every once in a while I'd try to update firmware with no luck. Then today I was on MLB's website and happened upon the devices page and noticed it listed the 2010 TVs! http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/help/faq_subscriptions.jsp#q34

Not sure when that was updated, but sure enough, I updated VieraCast and it works perfectly! No more rigging up my computer through HDMI to my TV (and having the game all jumpy)---Finally! Awesome! I was thinking about trying to hack my Panasonic BluRay player to get new firmware, now don't have to!

Now if my Cleveland Indians can get back on track over the last 7 weeks of the season...
post #8308 of 8528
Why I'm so glad I bought my 50G25:

Is LCD and LED LCD HDTV uniformity a problem?

post #8309 of 8528
Any Idea if the FW will be available to download?
post #8310 of 8528
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryRich View Post

A welcome surprise. When I went to watch some Netflix I was prompted for a software upgrade. Viera Cast was then upgraded to Viera Connect, the internet package for newer models. I had hoped that Panasonic would not abandon buyers of 2010 model sets. A blow has been struck for brand loyalty.

In the UK we are continuing to suffer frustration as we are stuck with 2.7 on our 2010 G20's. Anyone have any news on the next firmware release will be? (customer services have been no help)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Panasonic G20/25 Owner's Discussion Thread [no price talk]