Originally Posted by bschift
As a TiVo newbie it would be handy if you could briefly tell us what the 6, 7, 8 different actions are. So far it's been an adventure for me, and after 6 years with the DHG I've had enough adventures! Thanks
Since I have stopped using the TiVo remote, there is really no way to remember them all. The best way to discover the many multi use buttons is to simply try “all” the buttons on virtually “all” the screens and you will discover many things.
Here are just a few on the “left arrow”:
1. If you are on “TiVo Central” screen (their main menu), the left arrow is “dead”; you must use right arrow and go forward, or live TV (where you may not want to go), or zoom. Clear is also dead at this point. Surprisingly, the TiVo remote does not include a return/exit key BUT the programming is inside the Premier Box, you only need a “remote” with the button on it to execute the “desired” command.
2. While watching a recording and if you are at the beginning or middle of the show hitting the left arrow will produce a specific “exit” screen with options – delete is “down” one.
3. While watching a recording and if you are towards the end of the show hitting the left arrow will produce a different “exit” screen with options – delete is “up” one.
4. While watching a recording and if any informational data is on the screen hitting the left arrow will produce no results – the button is dead. You must clear the screen (or wait) in order to active the left arrow again.
5. While watching live TV with clear screen, hitting the left arrow brings up TiVo Suggestions.
6. Or while watching live TV with clear screen, hitting the left arrow brings up TiVo Central.
7. Or while watching live TV with clear screen, hitting the left arrow brings up your previous recorded show that you last watched and saved. The actions of 5, 6, and 7 are dependent upon your most recent set of actions.
8. While watching live TV with info banner(s), hitting the left arrow is dead.
9. There are more; but you get the idea.