or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Recorders › The Official AVS TiVo "Series4" Premiere topic
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official AVS TiVo "Series4" Premiere topic - Page 87

post #2581 of 3301

I warned you to "Trust but Verify".

 

I guess connecting doesn't mean update. But since there is a holiday next week, I figure the TMS database is taking a long weekend.

 

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=505774


Edited by JoeKustra - 6/23/13 at 6:54am
post #2582 of 3301
Listings are up to date now and the channel banner in HDUI is either small or large but you only get the large one if you hit right arrow or info while watching. Don't sweat the small stuff peeps.
post #2583 of 3301
You can hit the "select" key and get the large banner. If you hit the "select" key a second time you get a small banner. Unfortunately, the small banner will not stick.

Thanks
James
post #2584 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

No, they should update daily. I believe the settings screen will show you the next scheduled update time.. what does that say?

I won't have an update until tomorrow at 3:41 PM. It successfully connected to the TiVo service at 12:11 PM today but nothing changed. I manually connected to the service last night around 10:00 PM and the guide updated and fixed the improper listings for A&E. Messed up the recording though. I have listings up till 7:30 PM July 5th. I will wait until the TiVo connects to the service and updates itself this time around.
post #2585 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post

I warned you to "Trust but Verify".

I guess connecting doesn't mean update. But since there is a holiday next week, I figure the TMS database is taking a long weekend.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=505774

I would think that the guide would update everyday like TVGOS did but I am a rookie greenback as I am new to TiVo. Also what is listed in the manuals may already be changed in an update which is what I ran into with the size of the info box.
post #2586 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebiggers View Post

You can hit the "select" key and get the large banner. If you hit the "select" key a second time you get a small banner. Unfortunately, the small banner will not stick.

Thanks
James

Not on my TiVo Premiere 4 with HD guide. If I hit select I get the mini guide and If I hit the right arrow or info the large info box comes up. If you hit select on that screen then another screen pops up asking if you want to record or view some other options. The small banner pops up only when you change channels. The progress bar displays with it also.
post #2587 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post


I would think that the guide would update everyday like TVGOS did but I am a rookie greenback as I am new to TiVo. Also what is listed in the manuals may already be changed in an update which is what I ran into with the size of the info box.

 

I thought a network connection would also mean a guide update until this week. When the previous software update was released no documentation was supplied either. I joined between 20.2.1 and 20.2.1.1 so I got to watch the action. The two guides are consistant only in that one day end was 3am and one is 7pm. I have found TiVo does a much better job with last minute changes. Sometimes I look at the To Do List and wonder why it shows a SP entry without "new" when I specified "new only". But it's better to get extra recordings than to miss a recording. This latest "delayed" update gave me The Daily Show errors every day instead of just Monday. But it's not worth losing sleep over. It's summer now, and nobody watches TV in the summer.

post #2588 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post

I thought a network connection would also mean a guide update until this week. When the previous software update was released no documentation was supplied either. I joined between 20.2.1 and 20.2.1.1 so I got to watch the action. The two guides are consistant only in that one day end was 3am and one is 7pm. I have found TiVo does a much better job with last minute changes. Sometimes I look at the To Do List and wonder why it shows a SP entry without "new" when I specified "new only". But it's better to get extra recordings than to miss a recording. This latest "delayed" update gave me The Daily Show errors every day instead of just Monday. But it's not worth losing sleep over. It's summer now, and nobody watches TV in the summer.

My TiVo is making a recording right now that I know I did not schedule. I made a season pass, for new shows only, for Ice Road Truckers on History HD this week. Tonight will be the 3rd episode in the new season. Since my TiVo did not get the first two episodes it recorded the 2nd one on Thursday and apparently the first episode is repeating now and it is making a recording of that one. If I do not delete any episodes from the folder then I should not get any duplicate recordings for this season. I suspect if I delete the episodes as the season goes then the TiVo will make recordings of the repeat new episodes over again. I may try setting a season pass for the repeats of the new NCIS episodes this summer and see what happens. I am going to set the pass for new only and see what it does.

Most of my recording are programs on the premium channels and the new season of Dexter and Newsroom are starting now. I only record three broadcast series, The Good Wife, NCIS, and Frontline. The DHG used to record the Good Wife because I had to many new shows that I watch come on Sunday night between 9 PM and 11 PM. I should not have any issues with the TiVo this fall on Sunday nights. If I get the second Premiere 4 then I will not have any issues at all because I can record 7 programs and watch one live at any given time.
post #2589 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post


My TiVo is making a recording right now that I know I did not schedule. I made a season pass, for new shows only, for Ice Road Truckers on History HD this week. Tonight will be the 3rd episode in the new season. Since my TiVo did not get the first two episodes it recorded the 2nd one on Thursday and apparently the first episode is repeating now and it is making a recording of that one. If I do not delete any episodes from the folder then I should not get any duplicate recordings for this season. I suspect if I delete the episodes as the season goes then the TiVo will make recordings of the repeat new episodes over again. I may try setting a season pass for the repeats of the new NCIS episodes this summer and see what happens. I am going to set the pass for new only and see what it does.
 

All my SP entries are "new only". Suggestions are disabled, and when I schedule anything I always clear the green thumbs up. Those are my personal preferences since I already watch too much especially when I should be cutting the grass or painting something.

post #2590 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post

My TiVo is making a recording right now that I know I did not schedule.....

It sounds like you need to disable "Suggestions" . . . eek.gif
post #2591 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post

All my SP entries are "new only". Suggestions are disabled, and when I schedule anything I always clear the green thumbs up. Those are my personal preferences since I already watch too much especially when I should be cutting the grass or painting something.

I didn't get into the thumbs up and down thingy yet. Same here all my SP's are new only. I am also dragging my feet on some projects like stripping, glazing, and repainting the windows. Repairing the mortar in the bricks. Finishing installing the firewall and electrical work in the kitchen. Oh yea replacing the worn out sections in the sidewalk.
post #2592 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

It sounds like you need to disable "Suggestions" . . . eek.gif

That was disabled when I was setting up the TiVo for the first time. I remember reading some posts about that a while back I when I came to it in the menu I immediately disabled it.smile.gif
post #2593 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post

My TiVo is making a recording right now that I know I did not schedule. I made a season pass, for new shows only, for Ice Road Truckers on History HD this week. Tonight will be the 3rd episode in the new season. Since my TiVo did not get the first two episodes it recorded the 2nd one on Thursday and apparently the first episode is repeating now and it is making a recording of that one.
TiVo uses some complex algorithms for conflict resolution and SP recording. The determination to record is not just based on if the show is labeled as "new" in the guide but also has it appeared in the guide in the last 30 days and been recorded. So say you miss the first episode and set the SP on the second episode -- if the first episode repeats in the next week or so and the TiVo knows it never recorded it, it will do so. It's a lot smarter than people realize. It will also show you everything it is set to record in the To Do list.
post #2594 of 3301
Yep, I check the ToDo list on a daily basis, there have been listing errors and other things that cause Tivo to record or not record our shows. The scheduler is not 100% reliable by any means, but pretty close.
post #2595 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post

All my SP entries are "new only". Suggestions are disabled, and when I schedule anything I always clear the green thumbs up. Those are my personal preferences since I already watch too much especially when I should be cutting the grass or painting something.

Is this what I've heard referred to as "self-control"?
post #2596 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_guy50 View Post


Is this what I've heard referred to as "self-control"?

Point taken. Not including news and late night, I still run almost 20 hours per week. I have a lot of self control, just very poor priorities. smile.gif

post #2597 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post

Not on my TiVo Premiere 4 with HD guide. If I hit select I get the mini guide and If I hit the right arrow or info the large info box comes up. If you hit select on that screen then another screen pops up asking if you want to record or view some other options. The small banner pops up only when you change channels. The progress bar displays with it also.

Sorry, I meant the mini guide. I checked it again and, while watching live, if I hit the select key, the miniguide appears. While the miniguide is displayed, if I hit the select key again, the smaller, one line guide appears. I'm using the Premiere 4 with HD guide also. The Tivo that I checked had software version 20.3.1-01-2-750.....if I remember correctly.

Thanks
James
post #2598 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebiggers View Post

Sorry, I meant the mini guide. I checked it again and, while watching live, if I hit the select key, the miniguide appears. While the miniguide is displayed, if I hit the select key again, the smaller, one line guide appears. I'm using the Premiere 4 with HD guide also. The Tivo that I checked had software version 20.3.1-01-2-750.....if I remember correctly.

Thanks
James

I checked mine and it works the same way. TiVo should up date their online manuals to reflect the changes they make. I am probably one of the few people who reads the printed manuals that come with the hardware.
post #2599 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post

TiVo uses some complex algorithms for conflict resolution and SP recording. The determination to record is not just based on if the show is labeled as "new" in the guide but also has it appeared in the guide in the last 30 days and been recorded. So say you miss the first episode and set the SP on the second episode -- if the first episode repeats in the next week or so and the TiVo knows it never recorded it, it will do so. It's a lot smarter than people realize. It will also show you everything it is set to record in the To Do list.

Thanks for the explanation. This makes the TiVo unique in a way. The first two episodes is on my Pace cable box but now they are on the TiVo. I am really liking the TiVo as it has a lot of nice features to it. I noticed that the guide does not update everyday as the last listings end on Friday July 5th at 7:30 PM. If the listings update on a 3 day cycle I should get listings tomorrow at 4:10 PM when my TiVo is scheduled to connect to the service.
post #2600 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post

I noticed that the guide does not update everyday as the last listings end on Friday July 5th at 7:30 PM. If the listings update on a 3 day cycle I should get listings tomorrow at 4:10 PM when my TiVo is scheduled to connect to the service.
My listings update every day. It's not a 24 hr cycle, it is always a couple hours different so it can schedule to connect any time during the day. The only time it skips a day is when my DSL goes down (becoming more and more frequent) or it can't connect to the TiVo servers. You can look in the settings menu to see when your last connection was attempted and when the next one is scheduled. That will tell you if it is really scheduling at 3-day intervals.
post #2601 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post


My listings update every day. It's not a 24 hr cycle, it is always a couple hours different so it can schedule to connect any time during the day. The only time it skips a day is when my DSL goes down (becoming more and more frequent) or it can't connect to the TiVo servers. You can look in the settings menu to see when your last connection was attempted and when the next one is scheduled. That will tell you if it is really scheduling at 3-day intervals.

Perhaps update is the wrong word for this observation. My daily update (connection) has caused changes, like Jimmy Fallon was on my To Do List until yesterday's update then it was dropped for the week. If we call it listings extending, I thought that was done daily also. Now, and it could be a temporary thing, three days look like the new normal. Not a big thing really, but changes scare me due to unintended consequences. From 7/2 7pm to 7/5 7pm in one jump. This will be proven if today's update jumps to 7pm on 7/8. I'll know in a few hours.

 

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=505774

post #2602 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post

Perhaps update is the wrong word for this observation . . . If we call it listings extending, I thought that was done daily also. Now, and it could be a temporary thing, three days look like the new normal.
I understand your meaning now. I normally see 12 days out past today but every now and then it drops to 10 but eventually rights itself. I never gave it much thought. TiVo formally connects once daily to download guide updates but it is pretty much always talking to the TiVo servers. It kind of phones home and checks if there is anything urgent it should know about. There have been many times where I would schedule a recording from the TiVo website while I'm at work. I could do this at 2:00 - 3:00pm from work and find the recording in the TiVo schedule when I got home from work at 5:30 - 6:00pm. I just did it yesterday with Under the Dome.
post #2603 of 3301
I can confirm that the guide updates every three days as my TiVo was scheduled to connect to the service at 5:44 PM this afternoon. I had guide data up to July 5th 7:30 PM and I checked right before my scheduled connect to service and the guide data had not changes. I then went to the connect to the TiVo service in the settings menu and it said "download in progress. click to view progress" So I watched the down load screen until it said download complete, which took 22 minutes. I then went back and checked the guide and it is now updated until Monday July 8th 7:30 PM.
I figure that the next guide update will occur on Friday afternoon and will update the guide Thursday July 11th 7:30 PM. I suspect that even though the TiVo connects to the service every 24 to 28 hours does not mean it downloads anything. I watched the download yesterday and it only took a minute or two until it was complete. I noticed that there is another download called VCM and this occurs every 2 hours or so. I do believe that one of the functions is keeping the recordings and scheduled recordings updates between the TiVo and the users account on TiVo.com.
post #2604 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post

I can confirm that the guide updates every three days as my TiVo was scheduled to connect to the service at 5:44 PM this afternoon. I had guide data up to July 5th 7:30 PM and I checked right before my scheduled connect to service and the guide data had not changes. I then went to the connect to the TiVo service in the settings menu and it said "download in progress. click to view progress" So I watched the down load screen until it said download complete, which took 22 minutes. I then went back and checked the guide and it is now updated until Monday July 8th 7:30 PM.
I figure that the next guide update will occur on Friday afternoon and will update the guide Thursday July 11th 7:30 PM. I suspect that even though the TiVo connects to the service every 24 to 28 hours does not mean it downloads anything. I watched the download yesterday and it only took a minute or two until it was complete. I noticed that there is another download called VCM and this occurs every 2 hours or so. I do believe that one of the functions is keeping the recordings and scheduled recordings updates between the TiVo and the users account on TiVo.com.

Didn't work for me. After my second connect today I did acquire a conflict error with Defiance at 11pm that wasn't on my To Do List before.

 

Any show that starts before 7pm and is longer than 30 minutes does appear to make the guide extend past 7pm. TVGOS did the same thing at 3am since I used to see C-SPAN do the same funny listing. Nothing new starts on or after 7pm on the last guide day. I wonder why they chose that time? I could understand TVGOS since Pacific Time midnight would be 3am Eastern.

post #2605 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post

Didn't work for me. After my second connect today I did acquire a conflict error with Defiance at 11pm that wasn't on my To Do List before.

Any show that starts before 7pm and is longer than 30 minutes does appear to make the guide extend past 7pm. TVGOS did the same thing at 3am since I used to see C-SPAN do the same funny listing. Nothing new starts on or after 7pm on the last guide day. I wonder why they chose that time? I could understand TVGOS since Pacific Time midnight would be 3am Eastern.

What is your conflict with Defiance? I have to remember that the difference between our TiVo's is you have the 2 tuner model and I have the 4 tuner model. If I do run into a recording conflict it is going to be on Sunday nights as this is my heaviest recording night. I am considering buying one more Premiere 4 as Amazon has them listed for $189.99. this way I will link the two and split up the recordings between the two TiVos.

I am pondering the 8 PM listings cut off also. With TVGOS it depended on when the download took place and in our case it was 2:30 AM which may explain the 3:30 AM end to the listings. I figure that TiVo has a contract with Tribune to receive the listings every three days. Another thing to consider is TiVo has to spread out the number of TiVo's accessing their servers over a period of time as having all them accessing the database at once will crash their servers.
I just checked Zap2Its listings for my zip code and they go to Tuesday July 9th 8 PM. I assume Tribune updates the site everyday since they own it.
post #2606 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post

I can confirm that the guide updates every three days

The guide updates every day, not every 3 days. There's something a little off going on with Tivo's servers in the past week but this is not normal.
post #2607 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post


What is your conflict with Defiance? I have to remember that the difference between our TiVo's is you have the 2 tuner model and I have the 4 tuner model. If I do run into a recording conflict it is going to be on Sunday nights as this is my heaviest recording night. I am considering buying one more Premiere 4 as Amazon has them listed for $189.99. this way I will link the two and split up the recordings between the two TiVos.

I am pondering the 8 PM listings cut off also. With TVGOS it depended on when the download took place and in our case it was 2:30 AM which may explain the 3:30 AM end to the listings. I figure that TiVo has a contract with Tribune to receive the listings every three days. Another thing to consider is TiVo has to spread out the number of TiVo's accessing their servers over a period of time as having all them accessing the database at once will crash their servers.
I just checked Zap2Its listings for my zip code and they go to Tuesday July 9th 8 PM. I assume Tribune updates the site everyday since they own it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post


The guide updates every day, not every 3 days. There's something a little off going on with Tivo's servers in the past week but this is not normal.

Since none of us have the source code for TiVo or inside knowledge of their procedures, we are speculating. That said, yesterday my scheduled network connection was 5pm. After that ran there were no changes in the listings. I forced a connection which took about 15 minutes and afterword there were no changes. This morning I woke up to listings that jumping to 7/8. Perhaps there was an update or perhaps the TiVo just waited before applying the new listings. I don't know.

 

Defiance: SP for new only, KUID and I'm saving all epidodes. The "new" is 9pm, the conflict is the 11pm repeat (also "new in the guide) since I have The Daily Show on SP and Leno on SP. I can understand that the two tuner model can't handle this issue since The Daily Show is 31min and/or Leno starts at 11:36pm. Since the SP for Defiance is a lower priority it won't record. Not a problem, and I've known for a while that a "new" show will be "new" if it shows twice before midnight. Funny, but Jimmy Fallon doesn't show as "new" in the guide but that SP for "new only" works just fine including OAD that is before midnight.

 

I've heard of a "28 day" rule. I really don't want to comment on that. On Zap2It, if you go to the end (7/9) you can advance to 7/10 11am if you move ahead with the hourly jump. I still need to record Continuum and Motive without using the SP option.

post #2608 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post

Since none of us have the source code for TiVo or inside knowledge of their procedures, we are speculating....

True. OTOH, my experience over the past 18 months has been as slowbiscuit stated. Maybe it's to do with the influx of DHG refugee's currently overloading the TiVo servers.. biggrin.gif
post #2609 of 3301
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

Maybe it's to do with the influx of DHG refugee's currently overloading the TiVo servers.. biggrin.gif
I think you could be right. A TiVo can sense when it's dealing with impatient users and responds accordingly -- like slowing down in the lane to frustrate the guy who is on your bumper. wink.gif
post #2610 of 3301
And it is my experience that the guide *normally* updates every day, over the 5 years that I've had HDs and Premieres. What we're seeing this week is an anomaly, nothing more or less.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: HDTV Recorders
AVS › AVS Forum › HDTV › HDTV Recorders › The Official AVS TiVo "Series4" Premiere topic