or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official 2010 Panasonic Settings/Issues Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official 2010 Panasonic Settings/Issues Thread - Page 2

post #31 of 5012
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatevs View Post

Just to be clear, you are recommending to not view anything else on the panel besides the break-in slides for the first 100 hours?

I have setup everything in accordance to your photo settings listed in post 1.

Correct
post #32 of 5012
Excuse my ignorance, how do you access the 'service menu offsets'?
post #33 of 5012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillots View Post

Excuse my ignorance, how do you access the 'service menu offsets'?

magic

#5 search result will tell you how
post #34 of 5012
CAn someone give me step by step instructions on what I need to do to get my settings right. I have had my tc-p50s2 for about 3 weeks now and want to get the best picture possible...Help please!!
post #35 of 5012
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

TC-PxxG20/25 Reference Settings

Picture:
Picture Mode: THX
Contrast: 56
Brightness: 59
Color: 49
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 10
Color Temp: Warm2
Color Management: Off
x.v. Color: Off
Photo Enhancement: Off
C.A.T.S: Off
Video NR: Off
Blur Reduction: Off

Advance Options
Block NR: Off
Mosquito NR: Off
Black Level: Light
3:2 Pulldown: On

Service Menu Offsets

WB-ADJ MENU
R-DRV: +5
G-DRV: -8
B-DRV: 0
R-CUT: -9
G-CUT: 0
B-CUT: +3

Note: These offsets must be entered for both Color matrixes. You access the different matrixes by using a 1080i/p signal for the HD matrix and 480i/p signal for the SD matrix. The WB Method Select option should be set to 00 instead of 03.



Picture:
Picture Mode: Custom
Contrast: 87
Brightness: 68
Color: 33
Tint: -3
Sharpness: 11
Color Temp: Warm2
Color Management: Off
x.v. Color: Off
Photo Enhancement: Off
C.A.T.S: Off
Video NR: Off
Blur Reduction: Off

Pro Settings:
W/B High R: -2
W/B High B: +2
W/B Low R: +2
W/B Low B: -5
Black Extension: 0
Gamma Adjustment: 2.2
Panel Brightness: Mid
Contour Emphasis: Off
AGC: 0

Advance Options
Block NR: Off
Mosquito NR: Off
Black Level: Light
3:2 Pulldown: On

Note: These settings must be used with the offsets listed for THX mode!!!!

Calibration Report


Am I right in concluding that the S2 is the better option after seeing both the reports...or do I have no business thinking I know anything re: digital displays?
post #36 of 5012
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobitaille23 View Post

Am I right in concluding that the S2 is the better option after seeing both the reports...or do I have no business thinking I know anything re: digital displays?

The G20 is a better display
post #37 of 5012
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

TC-PxxG20/25 Reference Settings

Picture:
Picture Mode: THX
Contrast: 56
Brightness: 59
Color: 49
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 10
Color Temp: Warm2
Color Management: Off
x.v. Color: Off
Photo Enhancement: Off
C.A.T.S: Off
Video NR: Off
Blur Reduction: Off

Advance Options
Block NR: Off
Mosquito NR: Off
Black Level: Light
3:2 Pulldown: On

Service Menu Offsets

WB-ADJ MENU
R-DRV: +5
G-DRV: -8
B-DRV: 0
R-CUT: -9
G-CUT: 0
B-CUT: +3

Note: These offsets must be entered for both Color matrixes. You access the different matrixes by using a 1080i/p signal for the HD matrix and 480i/p signal for the SD matrix. The WB Method Select option should be set to 00 instead of 03.



Picture:
Picture Mode: Custom
Contrast: 87
Brightness: 68
Color: 33
Tint: -3
Sharpness: 11
Color Temp: Warm2
Color Management: Off
x.v. Color: Off
Photo Enhancement: Off
C.A.T.S: Off
Video NR: Off
Blur Reduction: Off

Pro Settings:
W/B High R: -2
W/B High B: +2
W/B Low R: +2
W/B Low B: -5
Black Extension: 0
Gamma Adjustment: 2.2
Panel Brightness: Mid
Contour Emphasis: Off
AGC: 0

Advance Options
Block NR: Off
Mosquito NR: Off
Black Level: Light
3:2 Pulldown: On

Note: These settings must be used with the offsets listed for THX mode!!!!

Calibration Report

sorry but the 2 different settings threw me off a bit... is the top one for the 20 and the bottom for the 25? or are they just 2 different options I can use on either the 20 or 25?

Thanks a lot!
post #38 of 5012
^^No... The custom mode should be "brighter" and so some may prefer to use it in daytime viewing.
post #39 of 5012
D-Nice,
I either didn't see it or I missed it. I don't know how to do the calculations either. What are you getting for FtL in THX now?
post #40 of 5012
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal2001 View Post

D-Nice,
I either didn't see it or I missed it. I don't know how to do the calculations either. What are you getting for FtL in THX now?

35fL
post #41 of 5012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal2001 View Post

D-Nice,
I either didn't see it or I missed it. I don't know how to do the calculations either. What are you getting for FtL in THX now?

Did Joe B do your A Board replacement?
post #42 of 5012
So the entry level S series has slightly better blacks than the G20/25? That's odd.
post #43 of 5012
D-nice
1st.thanks for informations
2nd.I want to know Which are Brighter in vivid mode?
G10 or G25
post #44 of 5012
ok noob question time...

how would one enter the service mode, and would changing the offsets void any type of warentee?
post #45 of 5012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JREwing View Post

D-Nice,

I see that you suggest to change the WB Method to 00 instead of 03. Can you expand on what this does exactly and if this is only for the S2?

This is the first I have seen that so I'm curious if this applies for the 12g panels as well? I own a 54V10 and I was recently entering offsets and mistakenly changed the WB method, I did correct it back to 03 but wasn't sure what effect this would have, if any.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

It allows one to calibrate Cool/Normal/Warm color temperatures independent of each other.

Yes.

I calibrated warm with method 03 and it didn´t change cool/normal values, maby that´s different with European models.
However it changed both SD and HD at same time.
post #46 of 5012
My G25 break in is complete and I want to apply D-Nice's settings and I have a few basic questions that I would appreciate some help with.

1. My service menu does not show a THX picture mode, so I'm assuming it's called "Cinema" in the SM. Is that correct?

2. The SM color temp choices do not include a "Warm2," so I'm assuming I'm applying the offsets to "Warm." Is that correct?

3. I understand that I need to apply the offsets with both an HD and SD signal, but I'm not quite clear on what happens with the offsets between picture modes. If I apply the SM offsets above in THX mode, do those offsets then carry over to Custom mode or do I need to reapply them in Custom mode?

Thanks again for a great resource...
post #47 of 5012
D-Nice I screwed up the fine tune adjusting and went all the way down to the number 5 etc instead of just clicking it up 5 times. I only did it for the first 3 but it is all screwed up...what can I do?
post #48 of 5012
Maby you should read at first A Calibration Guide by Mistah_g before do any changes to service menu.

You can´t get back your original SM values so it´s highly recommended that you write those up.
post #49 of 5012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Make73 View Post

Maby you should read at first A Calibration Guide by Mistah_g before do any changes to service menu.

You can´t get back your original SM values so it´s highly recommended that you write those up.

So what can I do, can I copy some settings from another untouched screen or what should I do to get back the ones that I lost?
post #50 of 5012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsugardaddy1 View Post

So what can I do, can I copy some settings from another untouched screen or what should I do to get back the ones that I lost?

That´s only option.
There´s not so much original values differences with same model/size of sets.
post #51 of 5012
So if anyone is reading this, please pm me the settings on your service menu since anything will be better than what I have now..even if they are adjusted....
post #52 of 5012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsugardaddy1 View Post

So if anyone is reading this, please pm me the settings on your service menu since anything will be better than what I have now..even if they are adjusted....

It would help if you tell your TV model, size and what color temp you changed...warm1 or warm2

Korvas wrote original values so problem is solved, right?
post #53 of 5012
50g25
post #54 of 5012
any word on vt20 calibration settings?
post #55 of 5012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsugardaddy1 View Post

D-Nice I screwed up the fine tune adjusting and went all the way down to the number 5 etc instead of just clicking it up 5 times. I only did it for the first 3 but it is all screwed up...what can I do?

Check the values in SD mode they should be the same factory settings as HD mode. This of course will work only if you haven't changed your SD settings yet.
How many times does it have to be said to write down your settings before you do anything in the SM.
post #56 of 5012
"****UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD THESE SETTINGS BE USED WITH ANY OTHER SOURCE MATERIAL BEYOND THE PANEL AGING THUMBDRIVE FILES****"

-Why? I mean to say, couldn't I use those settings for viewing photos? It's not going to negatively affect my display, will it? How about using the webapalooza image files? Is it okay to use those images with these Photo Settings? I really am trying to learn, please don't take this as me being difficult or, for lack of a better word, a jerk.

Your photo settings don't mention color management. Should that be on or off?

It it somewhat impractical for me to run these images for 100 hours prior to using the television for normal viewing. Do you recommend I run these images when the TV is not in use watching TV or movies? I would assume that doing that will be better than not running the images at all.

Thanks very much,
SF
post #57 of 5012
FYI: I've started an owners thread for VT20/25 owners by request:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1235067
post #58 of 5012
can some one tell me how to enter the service menu on the g20 ?? thanks
post #59 of 5012
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsfan View Post

"****UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD THESE SETTINGS BE USED WITH ANY OTHER SOURCE MATERIAL BEYOND THE PANEL AGING THUMBDRIVE FILES****"

-Why? I mean to say, couldn't I use those settings for viewing photos? It's not going to negatively affect my display, will it? How about using the webapalooza image files? Is it okay to use those images with these Photo Settings? I really am trying to learn, please don't take this as me being difficult or, for lack of a better word, a jerk.

Your photo settings don't mention color management. Should that be on or off?

It it somewhat impractical for me to run these images for 100 hours prior to using the television for normal viewing. Do you recommend I run these images when the TV is not in use watching TV or movies? I would assume that doing that will be better than not running the images at all.

Thanks very much,
SF

My setting posts are literal. You do anything beyond what they say and you are on your own.

Any setting that is not listed should be left at its default.
post #60 of 5012
I am mid-way through the 100hr break-in slides and had a lot of questions on why D-Nice says this or that, and was getting a bit nervous about making SM changes.

I decided to start reading last years 12G Panasonic settings thread and have had most of my questions answered about how and more importantly why to use D-Nice's recommended settings.

I've only put about 10 hours of full screen viewing on my P50G25 before using the break-in slides and I hope my results are close to perfection.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official 2010 Panasonic Settings/Issues Thread