While we all wait for the final release, here are a few tidbits to chew over....The director of GoW III
says that this epic game taps into about half of the PS3's maximum limits:
Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50% of PlayStation 3’s power at this point.
Also, here's a detailed comparison
article that reveals all of the tech improvements that the final game received when matched up with the demo we all have. A summary:
- A richer and more realistic lighting engine.
- A realistic, per-object motion blur has also been added to the game.
- Increased detail in the skin texture of the Titan
- The team has added additional shadow effects
- The fire effect on Helios's circling chariot now looks much more detailed
- The main light source that influences the environment has improved in its effect
- It's now using an implementation of morphological anti-aliasing, carried out by the SPUs to achieve superior edge-smoothing
- They achieved all of this while creating a smoother game with a faster frame rate