or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic TC-PxxVT20/25 Owners Thread NO PRICE TALK!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Panasonic TC-PxxVT20/25 Owners Thread NO PRICE TALK!! - Page 353

post #10561 of 10650
Hi guys. I posted on the won't turn on thread but have had no replies. I have a 14 month old vt20 that just shut off two days ago with the dreaded 7 blinks. I need some help locating a technical manual/service manual and/or troubleshooting guide so I can replace the 3 boards I think it might be.

Currently it is at a repair shop waiting evaluation. They will send the quote to Panasonic for manager approval on an out of warranty repair.

Any words of wisdom or advice for a newbie at repairs? I also had a guy on Craigslist tell me he could repair plasmas and LCDs with used parts. He didnt seem super knowledgable about the VT20s. Are they that much different than other Panasonics?

I appreciate the help.
post #10562 of 10650
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumblyp View Post

Hi guys. I posted on the won't turn on thread but have had no replies. I have a 14 month old vt20 that just shut off two days ago with the dreaded 7 blinks. I need some help locating a technical manual/service manual and/or troubleshooting guide so I can replace the 3 boards I think it might be.

Service manuals, here you go.

http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresul...oria=&kat2=all

Just be aware there is a 2 D/L per day limit unless you are a member of that site.
post #10563 of 10650
Thanks John, for some reason the download got hung up at 80%. Could you email it to me?
post #10564 of 10650
No, as I do not have the VT20 manual myself. And seeing that I own a VT30 and not a VT20, I also have no reason to D/L it. Plus it also may be too large of a file for email. Best thing is, to probably just try to D/L again.
post #10565 of 10650
The results are a bad SC board on a 14 month old TV. $332 for parts as labor. Petitioning Panasonic to fix it.
post #10566 of 10650
well, I havent been on the forum in while, just enjoying the TV for the last 18 months Last night while watching inception i noticed what seemed the brightness suddenly changing. So decided to pay you guys a visit, and sure enough there is alot of talk about it.

I guess I should just follow this? http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...postcount=3775
post #10567 of 10650
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoshster View Post

well, I havent been on the forum in while, just enjoying the TV for the last 18 months Last night while watching inception i noticed what seemed the brightness suddenly changing. So decided to pay you guys a visit, and sure enough there is alot of talk about it.

I guess I should just follow this? http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...postcount=3775

no
that is 30 not 25
post #10568 of 10650
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWldLif View Post

no
that is 30 not 25

hmm, so are 25 owners out of luck? Just call Panasonic to complain and hope they do something about it?
post #10569 of 10650
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejoshster View Post

hmm, so are 25 owners out of luck? Just call Panasonic to complain and hope they do something about it?

yes we are.
I truly hope you succeed in getting Pana to acknowledge
it is NOT a feature.
Please inform the VT25 owners here, the outcome of your claim.
post #10570 of 10650
Panasonic never helped me out. It got to the point where I was getting the run around. They basically seem to outsource techs so they sent a tech out. My A-board was replaced, but that didn't help. After a few days I had called Panasonic and they told me I had to contact the company who did the repair on my set. I told them that I had called them and they told me to contact Panasonic. Panasonic then called the company who did a repair and told me at the time that I would be contacted within' 24 hours. It now has been a couple months. No call or nothing. After this I sort of just gave up as I simply didn't want to deal with it anymore, but now I feel up to calling them again.
post #10571 of 10650
Is there a way to internally reset the VT20 to factory? My Warm 2 looks exactly like Warm 1 and my Normal temperature setting is darker than both.I've reset all my current picture settings, but it's still the same. I did mess with the "internal" adjustment menu(DNice's Thread) and I changed all the values back to their defaults, but still no dice---- > Before I reset those my Normal, Warm1, and Warm 2 looked exactly the same, and now they're the ^above result. I don't ever remember it looking like this.
post #10572 of 10650
I have the 54 vt and have been watching it for a year. The floating black and brightness flaux. have never caught my attention. I am afraid to read up and theses subjects or watch a utube video of them. They may be catching.
Ha. I love this picture. It looks almost like 3D in 2D mode.
post #10573 of 10650

How are your 3D active glasses holding up for those that use them with the Panasonic VT 25 series models? It's less than two years since first available and my spare active 3D glasses, I purchased for extra company, seem to be disintegrating in their storage cases. I'm finding pieces of plastic that have been breaking off the frames, just by opening them up for use. They're stored correctly in a temperature controlled living area.

The two original pairs we have each have one temple stick gone now where the plastic has cracked and it no longer can be attached to hold the glasses on one of the ears.

We have been extremely careful with all of the glasses because of their expense, taking better care than my prescription glasses.

Paul
post #10574 of 10650
For me, My tv is a little over a year old and We haven't used 3D over 20 minutes.
That is a bummer that the glasses are not holding up under use. You could call panasonic , even if you are out of warranty, to see if they will help. Call more than once.
post #10575 of 10650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post


How are your 3D active glasses holding up for those that use them with the Panasonic VT 25 series models? It's less than two years since first available and my spare active 3D glasses, I purchased for extra company, seem to be disintegrating in their storage cases. I'm finding pieces of plastic that have been breaking off the frames, just by opening them up for use. They're stored correctly in a temperature controlled living area.

The two original pairs we have each have one temple stick gone now where the plastic has cracked and it no longer can be attached to hold the glasses on one of the ears.

We have been extremely careful with all of the glasses because of their expense, taking better care than my prescription glasses.

Paul

Same here. I had a chunk of plastic come off my Gen 1 glasses and I rarely use them. And I am very careful with the glasses. So far no problems with Gen 2 or 3.
post #10576 of 10650
My latest firmware update is ver. 3.720. Do any of you vt25 owners know if any newer firmware has been released. The reason I ask is because Panasonic does not update their website that often. I heard about ver. 3.720 from you guys. Thanks for the help!
post #10577 of 10650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1965 View Post

My latest firmware update is ver. 3.720. Do any of you vt25 owners know if any newer firmware has been released. The reason I ask is because Panasonic does not update their website that often. I heard about ver. 3.720 from you guys. Thanks for the help!

That's the latest one I know of.
post #10578 of 10650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_mahaney View Post

That's the latest one I know of.

Thank you Kevin!
post #10579 of 10650
Quick question; will the 3-D glasses for the VT25 series work with the VT30 series displays?

Thank you, BZ
post #10580 of 10650
Yes they will.
My brother has a 50VT30 and he tried the glasses that came with my VT25. They worked.
post #10581 of 10650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den67 View Post

Yes they will.
My brother has a 50VT30 and he tried the glasses that came with my VT25. They worked.

Thank you for your reply
I downloaded the 55/65VT30 manual and it does list the glasses I got in the Avatar kit as compatible
I'm hoping to upgrade from a 54VT25 to a 65 VT30
BZ
post #10582 of 10650
I was watching Walking Dead last night and decided I had enough of the FB issue. I never realized it was a defect - I thought it was something inherent to the plasma technology. My TC-P58VT25 is my first plasma television and I've now learned it should not be like that. Just got off the phone with Panasonic thinking they might be able to solve until I discovered (reading the forums) there is no solution. They asked if CATS was on (it's not) and what my settings are. Supposedly I'll get a call back. Not that it matters - there is no fix. Absolutely ridiculous.
post #10583 of 10650
I have the vt 25 . In 2011 , Panasonic fixed this flaw . I have guess what I am asking has in been to long for Panasonic to fix this problem with the 2010 models. Also , What about floating blacks too?
post #10584 of 10650
I have a 54" VT25 and I've always noticed the FB's. As far as I've been able to tell however, either they're not as pronounced now as they used to be or i've learned to ignore them to a certain extant. I have installed some bias lighting behind the TV however now that I think about it and that may be another explanation.

I bought my father an ST30 this christmas and had it at my place for the night. I compared the black levels to mine and they were comparable, but his ST30 seemed a tad darker, with a slight bluer tint to the black levels. I have more than 3000hrs on mine and I mustve gone through 1 if not two of the rising black cycles. The floating blacks may not be as apparent now that the blacks have lightened alittle bit. I can't tell for certain. I do know that the Floating blacks don't bother me like they used to so take from that what you will.
post #10585 of 10650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1965 View Post

I have the vt 25 . In 2011 , Panasonic fixed this flaw . I have guess what I am asking has in been to long for Panasonic to fix this problem with the 2010 models. Also , What about floating blacks too?

Neither the floating black or rising black problems will be fixed on our 2010's. The 2011 VT30 have no rising blacks and IIRC an alleviated or completely fixed Floating blacks. They fixed this on the 2011's but insist it's a feature on the 2010. Panasonic douches.
post #10586 of 10650
Is there a way to adjust the screen format when watching Netflix through Vieracast? For example, if the content is 4x3, the TV doesn't allow you to adjust the format to H-Fill or Zoom, and your bar-color settings (gray instead of black for example) aren't used.
post #10587 of 10650
I have a mac mini 2011 with Intel HD Graphics 3000 Card hooked to my plasma via hdmi cable. My color on my desktop seems washed out? Any advice?
post #10588 of 10650
someone has done in the calibration update with firmware 3.2??
post #10589 of 10650
I am deeply unhappy with Panasonic. I have always purchased Sony televisions but switched to Panasonic based on their reputation as it relates to their plasma TVs. My VT25 is nothing but an unmitigated disaster. When I opened it, it had lines on the screen of red and green. Ok, Panasonic replaces the panel. Following that, I get the dreaded heat expansion noise. Panasonic refuses to do anything but the kind local tech people install the felt kit despite Panasonic saying it's not for this TV. Noise goes away but comes back after a few months.

Fast forward to a year after ownership and I have NEW lines on the screen. They are of a white/transparent nature. They form a window on the screen with one on each side and one on the top and one on the bottom of the screen. They are generally of the same distance from the respective sides of the TV suggesting it might be burn in (something that I thought was unheard of these days). However, if you look on the right side of the screen where that line is, the color starts to shift as you get closed to the edge of the screen. Panasonic initially balked suggesting it was merely "image retention." They eventually offered accommodation after I stated this panel was only a YEAR old and had already been replaced once. Of course, they wouldn't do anything until a tech came out and I paid the $150 just to have the guy look at the thing. He is supposed to be here Friday.

This may be my last Panasonic plasma.
post #10590 of 10650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Schatz View Post

I am deeply unhappy with Panasonic. I have always purchased Sony televisions but switched to Panasonic based on their reputation as it relates to their plasma TVs. My VT25 is nothing but an unmitigated disaster. When I opened it, it had lines on the screen of red and green. Ok, Panasonic replaces the panel. Following that, I get the dreaded heat expansion noise. Panasonic refuses to do anything but the kind local tech people install the felt kit despite Panasonic saying it's not for this TV. Noise goes away but comes back after a few months.

Fast forward to a year after ownership and I have NEW lines on the screen. They are of a white/transparent nature. They form a window on the screen with one on each side and one on the top and one on the bottom of the screen. They are generally of the same distance from the respective sides of the TV suggesting it might be burn in (something that I thought was unheard of these days). However, if you look on the right side of the screen where that line is, the color starts to shift as you get closed to the edge of the screen. Panasonic initially balked suggesting it was merely "image retention." They eventually offered accommodation after I stated this panel was only a YEAR old and had already been replaced once. Of course, they wouldn't do anything until a tech came out and I paid the $150 just to have the guy look at the thing. He is supposed to be here Friday.

This may be my last Panasonic plasma.

I can understand your frustration. I on the other hand just love my almost 2 yr old 58VT25. It was calibrated by D-Nice and every day I am amazed with the PQ. You say it may be your last Panny plasma. Have you been following the disasters of the other leading brands and formats? You may have to go without to be frustration free.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › Official Panasonic TC-PxxVT20/25 Owners Thread NO PRICE TALK!!