Originally Posted by maveTOR
Hello Fellow Canadian,
1. You will need to set each component input differently based on quality of feed. FOr example, ROgers/Bell/Shaw will be different quality compared to Blue-ray. I went to Future Shop and used their calibration services which costs 299 but very good difference. He also suggested some of settings prescribed in this forum may actually damage the TV faster and run hotter.
2. Easier route is to try Future shop's ISF calibration service. Talk to the guy first and see if he can do all ports for a fixed fees.
3. Check ISF site for people in your area.
4. I had one of Monster's super Disc which had THX setting but its not that good simply because there are a lot of things naked human eye cannot see in setting.
5. You have to manually set up for all ports. Laptop and PS3 should ideally not be same port as output quality is quiet different. You should use one dedicated port for PS3 because you will also use it for watching 3D.
6. I bought the apple TV but there is one from Western DIgital as well.
7.I am nit sure connecting HDD to USB port will work as there has to be a media player built in TV to run content off HDD.
BTW, this is my first plasma as well and I moved over from Sony. ENjoy your TV its a great TV.
Thanks for your answers to my questions. I am enjoying my TV very much ...I think it is the BEST TV one can buy today. Regarding the Futureshop / Bestbuy calibrators, I am a bit skeptical as you never know who will show up at your door and how qualified they are...you don't think that the Futureshop guy telling you that using settings in this forum will "damage" the TV as a way of selling his stores services...anywya the bottom line for you is that you are happy with the end result.
When I connect different devices to a one hdmi port, I can always use different picture modes to compensate for their differences...no? Any changes made to the service menu will apply to the whole TV.
Are you from Toronto? I am in Vancouver...are you a Leaf fan......if you are I won't hold it against you...I am a HABS FAN.