Stick with THX and Cinema modes, use a calibration disc to fine-tune brightness, contrast and color.
I just picked up my 58VT25 last night. This set will potentially replace the Sony 55HX800 I've been testing for the past month. Here is what I noticed so far from the Avatar Blu-Ray and primetime HD television. I'm using a PS3-Slim BDP for now it the picture looked great. I may just sell the Panasonic BDP that came with the combo. Any reason I should stick with the Panny BDP?
- Color on the VT25 seem far superior to the Sony. Everything has a much more natural look to it.
- Viewing angle on the VT25 are a lot better then the Sony. This is just a Plamsa vs LCD thing though.
- The VT25 controls reflection better then the Sony LED TV. I really did not like the reflective screen on the Sony TV.
- I do hear some buzzing from behind the VT25 when it's displaying certain colors or brightness. It's a little strange, because you have to have your ear facing a specific direction in order to hear it. When I do hear the buzz its very distracting and all I can focus on. Will the buzzing get better after break in?
- my wife and I noticed some flickering (at least that's what I think it was) during some NBC HD programing. Also, when running the break in slides, I see flickering as well. I did not notice anything with the Avatar movie or NBC this morning. I will keep a close eye on this one.
I think the VT25 is a keeper, I just need to spend a couple more days with it to be sure. Hopefully I can get over the buzzing and the screen flicker doesn't persist. At night I'm running the break in slides and hope to have 100+ hours by the end of the weekend.
Originally Posted by captainjy
I called Panasonic yesterday and their tech group had no clue what I was talking about. They said they only do board replacements for the buzzing. I should elaborate on this more- Panasonic told me that there is a board replacement option, but the board is indefinitely backordered. They told me it could be months until the board gets to me. I take that as they know of the issue and are fabricating a board to resolve it.
Doug Weil with Clearly Resolved calibrated my Panny 54VT25 today and he did a great job.