or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official Samsung BD-C5500 master owner's thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Samsung BD-C5500 master owner's thread - Page 8

post #211 of 1610
Update on 1080p mkvs from a dvd
i played a 1080p mkv (4.37gb) on a DVD-R, and it played smoothly.
My word of advice is to only use DVD-Rs and not DVD+Rs. Too bad I have like 200 DVD+Rs
post #212 of 1610
Is anyone still having problems playing Avatar? It seems some people have said they still can't play it despite having the latest firmware. I am on the fence about buying this player. There seems to be a lot of problems, at least that's the impression I get from reading this thread.
post #213 of 1610
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post

Is anyone still having problems playing Avatar? It seems some people have said they still can't play it despite having the latest firmware. I am on the fence about buying this player. There seems to be a lot of problems, at least that's the impression I get from reading this thread.

My Avatar disc still will not play easily, but found that if I press >>| on the remote just as I see the words PLAY on the player itself (after loading the disc) then it seems to skip the red warning screen ...and play normally after that. Its an easy enough work around until the next firmware comes out.
post #214 of 1610
Samsung's PC Share Manager 4.1 was released. Dunno what it fixes, and it requires unintstalling previous version first.... if anyone figures out the changes, please post!
http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.co...5312/setup.exe
post #215 of 1610
I tried to connect to Internet via cable, and have no luck so far. I went on line to Samsung and it says if it does not load, most likely their server is down. I am glad I have 90 days to return it.
post #216 of 1610
Quote:
Originally Posted by granada06 View Post

I tried to connect to Internet via cable, and have no luck so far. I went on line to Samsung and it says if it does not load, most likely their server is down. I am glad I have 90 days to return it.

If the Server was down I think there would be other posting. Are you still have problems or is it now working?
post #217 of 1610
I just picked up the HT-C5500 last night and I hooked it up to my LG plasma tv but all that works is the audio. I can't get to the setup menu at all and I tried popping in a dvd last night, again, just audio no video.

Here's how I connected everything:

1). HDMI cable from the HT-C5500 (HDMI out) to the LG 42PC5D (HDMI in).

2). Optical cable running from HT-C5500 to my Pace HD box

3). HDMI cable running from Pace HD box to LG 42PC5D

Cable box works fine, audio works from the HT-C5500 as well but when I switch my LG to show video, it's just a black screen with the Invalid Format message on it.

Am I doing something wrong?

TIA,
Dale
post #218 of 1610
I got a scratched BD from Netflix that wouldn't play past the studio logo. I cleaned the disc but noted that there were some scratches on it so determined those were the problem, notified Netflix and returned the disc. I'm wondering how robust the loader is on the 5500? It seems to be more finicky than my the Sony BDP-300 I had prior. And for finicky the cheap loader that was on the AVeL Linkplayer2 was really bad. Unfortunately I missed getting a replacement LiteOn loader when they were still available. I don't have a Bluray reader or writer on any of my computers yet so couldn't test to the disc there to see if it would play as computer loaders are often more robust. I also think that some of the copy protection schemes the studios are using may well cause the drives to fail before their time due to excessive seeks.
post #219 of 1610
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalethompson View Post

I just picked up the HT-C5500 last night and I hooked it up to my LG plasma tv but all that works is the audio. I can't get to the setup menu at all and I tried popping in a dvd last night, again, just audio no video.

Here's how I connected everything:

1). HDMI cable from the HT-C5500 (HDMI out) to the LG 42PC5D (HDMI in).

2). Optical cable running from HT-C5500 to my Pace HD box

3). HDMI cable running from Pace HD box to LG 42PC5D

Cable box works fine, audio works from the HT-C5500 as well but when I switch my LG to show video, it's just a black screen with the Invalid Format message on it.

Am I doing something wrong?

TIA,
Dale


Remember that HDMI can handle both video and audio. If I were you, I would hook up the HT-C5500 (this is a home theater in a box, this thread is about the BD-C5500, a standalone bluray player ), to your tv and get rid of the optical cable. And I would connect your pace hd box to another hdmi port on your tv, that way you can switch between hdmi ports to access your HT-C5500 or your pace hd box.
post #220 of 1610
Thanks adca14 for the advice.

After monkeying around with everything yesterday, I hooked up the blu-ray to the tv via component cables, then I was able to see the menu setting for the dvd. I then switched a few things around and I got it to finally show up with both video and audio (thank goodness). I will ditch the optical cable then, I guess that's just overkill, I had it for my last dvd player for some reason to connect to the cable box.
post #221 of 1610
Just bought my 5500 which is connected via component, through my Pioneer receiver to my 4805.
Here's my problem. If I set the output of the 5500 to 480i, I get alot of video noise when images with writing, like closing credits, are on the screen. The writing becomes un readable. If I increase my output resolution the video noise is gone BUT You Tube won't sync. I can get the menu, search, see the search results but then when I play something on You Tube, the you tube service abruptly stops and I am bumped back out to Internet@TV.
I do plan to upgrade the 4805 very soon, but is this a known bug of this player?
Ron
post #222 of 1610
Last week Netflix sent out "JCVD" on Bluray and the C5500 would not get past the Peace Arch logo. I cleaned the disc but still no luck. I noted some scratches which I thought might be the problem but sent it back for a replacement. It arrived today, same problem. I didn't see any scratches on the disc this time. Has anyone been able to play this disc on the C5500? Unfortunately I sold my Sony BDP-300 to a friend so I couldn't test it on another player. It's not exactly a new release so there shouldn't be any new CP stuff that Samsung isn't up to snuff with. Other discs including one recent release are playing fine.
post #223 of 1610
I just purchased the BD-C5500C from Sam's for $139. Was most anxious about playing MP4 files. I have one that would not play on other players that said it supported mp4. The file worked great both audio and video. Then I tried my Avatar BD and it said I needed to upgrade software. I connected the network and did so. Avatar worked fine but now my mp4 file only works with the video and says it does not support the audo codec. Any suggestions?
post #224 of 1610
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnybuck View Post

I just purchased the BD-C5500C from Sam's for $139. Was most anxious about playing MP4 files. I have one that would not play on other players that said it supported mp4. The file worked great both audio and video. Then I tried my Avatar BD and it said I needed to upgrade software. I connected the network and did so. Avatar worked fine but now my mp4 file only works with the video and says it does not support the audo codec. Any suggestions?

Here's a few... go back to the old firmware... or call tech support and tell them so maybe they'll fix it in next firmware... or post on the cnet samsung forum that samsung checks so maybe they'll fix it in the next firmware... or just wait and hope they fix it in the next firmware...
post #225 of 1610
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnybuck View Post

I just purchased the BD-C5500C from Sam's for $139. Was most anxious about playing MP4 files. I have one that would not play on other players that said it supported mp4. The file worked great both audio and video. Then I tried my Avatar BD and it said I needed to upgrade software. I connected the network and did so. Avatar worked fine but now my mp4 file only works with the video and says it does not support the audo codec. Any suggestions?

Have you checked the file with MediaInfo (or other) to see what the video/audio codecs are?

Officially they just support MP4 or H.264 video with AAC audio..... using MediaInfo my MP4's show up with AVC video and AAC audio.
post #226 of 1610
New Firmware out today

Ver.1012.6 Jun.09.2010
- Improve specific BD & DVD title''s playback capability.
- Improve MKV capability.
- Improve Widget capability.

Link
post #227 of 1610
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnybuck View Post

I just purchased the BD-C5500C from Sam's for $139. Was most anxious about playing MP4 files. I have one that would not play on other players that said it supported mp4. The file worked great both audio and video. Then I tried my Avatar BD and it said I needed to upgrade software. I connected the network and did so. Avatar worked fine but now my mp4 file only works with the video and says it does not support the audo codec. Any suggestions?

Remux them using ffmpeg to a mkv file which is a much more flexible container and see if that helps. Basically:
ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -vcodec copy -acodec copy output.mkv
post #228 of 1610
Just upgraded to new version software and MP4 video plays perfect. Ain't the Internet great! I am trying a Hatachi 42 inch LCD also. The picture of the video is excellent and sound is perfect. I had sent a email to Samsung yesterday and don't know if that did it and will be trying all my regular DVD's, avi, divx stuff. Thans for all the help and reply's.
post #229 of 1610
I just upgraded. Now I can't see my PC. Any ideas on how to reconnect?

Second question - the remote. Set it for my Mitsubishi . When I click "sorce", is the only functio to change to the DVD source and not to let the user select one of the other sources ???
post #230 of 1610
Anyone know if this player should be able to play canon and panasonic camera video files? I have got it to play AVCHD files (.m2ts) from a Canon camcorder off of a usb stick by changing the file name to .mp4, and they play pretty well. But everything that I have tried has not worked for the camera video files.

I beleive that the canon ones are avi motion jpegs, and I'm not sure what the format of the panasonic files is.

Thanks.
post #231 of 1610
Anyone else get their accounts for their player deactivated by the latest firmware upgrade? What's up with that?
post #232 of 1610
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritInVA View Post

New Firmware out today

Ver.1012.6 Jun.09.2010
- Improve specific BD & DVD title''s playback capability.
- Improve MKV capability.
- Improve Widget capability.

Link

This update rules.. i used to have a alot of mkvs that would always freeze at a certain point in the movie.. Only way around it was to skip forward that part. After the update it is now working flawless..
post #233 of 1610
Quote:
Originally Posted by vida69 View Post

This update rules.. i used to have a alot of mkvs that would always freeze at a certain point in the movie.. Only way around it was to skip forward that part. After the update it is now working flawless..

How are you playing the mkv files? I have been trying on DVD+R and DVD-R. My movies stop about 5 minutes in and go back to the start of the movie. Also I can't fast forward or rewind. If I hit fast forward it plays faster but then when i hit play to go back to normal speed it starts the movie from the beginning. I haven't tried over the network or usb stick yet.

edit:

I just tried on a usb stick. fast forward works i'll see if it stops in a few minutes
post #234 of 1610
No sound with Netflix. Anyone have a suggestion?
Sound works with Vudu.
post #235 of 1610
My player still asked for a new netflix code. I already registered the player.
post #236 of 1610
Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post

My player still asked for a new netflix code. I already registered the player.

This happens with every update.
post #237 of 1610
I had two firmware updates before but they didn't wipe out my registrations. Only this last one did.
post #238 of 1610
If anyone was wondering, I found out that this player won't play any PAL DVDs even if they are region free.

So far I like the player because it was cheap, plays netflix and pandora very well and does a good job with mkv files on a memory stick.

Things I wish it could do better would be play mkv files off of a DVD-R or DVD+R, play PAL dvd's.

I am still happy with the purchase.
post #239 of 1610
Hello,

can someone check if the player show the embedded subtitles in MKV Files after Upgrade to firmware 1012.6 ?

Thanks

Picard007
post #240 of 1610
I have a wireless netbook sitting right next to my bdc5500. I'm trying to use windows ICS but I can only use either my netbook or the bd for internet use at the same time. Anyone set this up so both can be used?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Blu-ray Players
AVS › AVS Forum › Blu-ray & HD DVD › Blu-ray Players › Official Samsung BD-C5500 master owner's thread