or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › The Official AVS 3D Blu-ray Release Schedule
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official AVS 3D Blu-ray Release Schedule - Page 8

post #211 of 1052
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriss2d View Post

Crap...and I guess we won't know if that's the end of it or not until that time comes.

Just a guess . . .

They will extend it until they get the exclusive on AVATAR which happens sometime in November.
post #212 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

Just a guess . . .

They will extend it until they get the exclusive on AVATAR which happens sometime in November.

Are studios doing this because there's so few 3dtv owners and they're making more money off exclusivity deals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

I am thinking 2011 will see many more titles released than 2010

How long until you think all movies released are in 3d as well as BD/DVD? Is the industry moving in that direction?
post #213 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

Just a guess . . .

They will extend it until they get the exclusive on AVATAR which happens sometime in November.

Lee,
I'm preparing to file an antitrust complaint at the FTC--do you have any specific information on this that I can cite?
post #214 of 1052
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post

Are studios doing this because there's so few 3dtv owners and they're making more money off exclusivity deals?

That would be my opinion

Quote:
How long until you think all movies released are in 3d as well as BD/DVD? Is the industry moving in that direction?

I do not believe that they will make all movies in 3D. Currently, it's about 5%
post #215 of 1052
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmalter0 View Post

Lee,
I'm preparing to file an antitrust complaint at the FTC--do you have any specific information on this that I can cite?

Nope - it's just my opinion
post #216 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

I do not believe that they will make all movies in 3D. Currently, it's about 5%

At only 5% can 3D ever reach mainstream? The way things is going it looks like it just may be destined for permanent niche status.
post #217 of 1052
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post

At only 5% can 3D ever reach mainstream? The way things is going it looks like it just may be destined for permanent niche status.

That is what 3D has always been.
post #218 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post

At only 5% can 3D ever reach mainstream? The way things is going it looks like it just may be destined for permanent niche status.

Personally, I don't believe even 5% reaches "niche" status.

fafner
post #219 of 1052
clash of the titans 3D bluray is available to buy from Amazon.de. Who's brave enough to take one for the team?

link
post #220 of 1052
Thread Starter 
Added 3 more Samsung exclusives:

How to Train Your Dragon

Into the Deep (IMAX 3D)

Galapagos (IMAX 3D)

post #221 of 1052
Sorry for the possible stupid question, this is the first I have heard of amazon.de. Are any of those movies in english?
post #222 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetrash66 View Post

... MarketSaw is reporting that "Transformers 3" will not only be in 3D, but is actually being shot with 3D cameras. This confirmation comes from Vince Pace, one of the camera's creators. He said: "Transformers has also signed on to shoot 3D throughout the film."...

Here's a shot of the 3D camera (between scenes) taken on 7/24 during filming in Chicago at Wabash Avenue and Wacker Drive. There was lots of very impressive destruction!
LL
LL
post #223 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard plumb View Post

clash of the titans 3D bluray is available to buy from Amazon.de. Who's brave enough to take one for the team?

link

The reviews I've read are that it is terrible.
post #224 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

Added 3 more Samsung exclusives:

How to Train Your Dragon

Into the Deep (IMAX 3D)

Galapagos (IMAX 3D)


Its pretty sad when the company you bought your TV from is also excluding you from buying more content. I wonder if those of us who've bought a Samsung 3D TV and BluRay player recently can get in on this deal. I still don't see anything on their website but I'm going to try to fire off an email if I can find the right department to send it to.
post #225 of 1052
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDP View Post

Its pretty sad when the company you bought your TV from is also excluding you from buying more content. I wonder if those of us who've bought a Samsung 3D TV and BluRay player recently can get in on this deal. I still don't see anything on their website but I'm going to try to fire off an email if I can find the right department to send it to.

Quote:


In addition Samsung announced the exclusive availability of the 3D Blu-ray version of DreamWorks Animation's 3D "How To Train Your Dragon." The 3D BD will be featured in Samsung's 3D starter kit, which also includes two pairs of Samsung 3D glasses for at-home viewing.

Samsung also announced a strategic marketing partnership with IMAX under which IMAX will license limited use of its trademark and two IMAX 3D films from its original 3D film library, "Into the Deep" and "Galapagos." The 3D Blu-ray versions of the films are exclusive for the next 12 months to Samsung's 2010 3D starter kit, which also includes two pairs of 3D glasses and is free to people who buy a Samsung 3D TV and a Samsung 3D Blu-ray device. The starter kit will be available starting this fall.

Giant Screens Film's "Mummies: Secrets of the Pharaohs" will also be available as part of the IMAX deal.

http://www.twice.com/article/455923-...DreamWorks.php
post #226 of 1052
so if you're an early adopter you're screwed - even if you're a Samsung early adopter.
post #227 of 1052
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard plumb View Post

so if you're an early adopter you're screwed - even if you're a Samsung early adopter.

You still have access to the exclusive 3D BD titles, but you have to pay the highway robbery prices at Ebay.

By my count, there are 6 retail titles and 10 exclusives.
post #228 of 1052
My question is, how will people that already have the Samsung kit get access to these titles?

What good does it do Samsung to add exclusive titles if people that already bought the starter bundle can't hardly get any more movies?

This would be a huge stick in the eye to loyal buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

Added 3 more Samsung exclusives:

How to Train Your Dragon

Into the Deep (IMAX 3D)

Galapagos (IMAX 3D)

post #229 of 1052
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_B View Post

My question is, how will people that already have the Samsung kit get access to these titles?

What good does it do Samsung to add exclusive titles if people that already bought the starter bundle can't hardly get any more movies?

This would be a huge stick in the eye to loyal buyers.

Be creative - buy one of the starter kits with a new movie in it and sell off the glasses. The movie will cost you less then what people are paying on Ebay.
post #230 of 1052
With so much positive buzz (even here it feels like a trip to the dentist), there is no way I would part with my money for this technology... 3D is never to 2B!
post #231 of 1052
That's what the people who haven't experienced it say.
post #232 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostinsane View Post

That's what the people who haven't experienced it say.

Quoted for truth. Every single person I've shown 3D to thought it was "meh" before they saw it, and thought it was awesome after they saw it.

Haters gonna' hate.
post #233 of 1052
I have always loved 3d, from the first moment I saw a viewmaster. To me it was a no brainer to buy into the technology. I have always been an early adaptor, was one of the first on my street to have an hdtv, I remember when they started broadcasting digital stations and getting very little hd content. I also purchased the dvd player when it first came out, I have one of the original toshiba dvd players, i still wont part with it because I spent $700 on it. What the hell was I thinking! I bought the hd-dvd add-on to the xbox, that went belly up, oh well.

I have the income to purchase the stuff, so I enjoy it. To me its not about waiting for it to become affordable and more mainstream, I want to enjoy it now and thats just the price one has to pay.

I figure once these samsung titles are out, I will simply call samsung or write a letter asking if I can somehow get these titles, if I cant I will resort to other ways. Hopefully not ebay though.
post #234 of 1052
I was just on ebay to check out some of the prices for exclusives. Good god, they start at $80.
post #235 of 1052
I don't even bother checking Ebay anymore; the asking prices are ridiculous no matter how little content there is. Likewise I've held off getting the German editions like Grand Canyon as I don't want to fiddle with foreign menus.

The BluRays will start to flow eventually; my gut tells me that we'll get a lot more in the way of announcements in mid-September, right around the time the PS3 gets its 3D BluRay update.

In the meantime, I'll occupy myself with 2D>3D, 3D videogames (of which there are already a good amount) and the occasional 3D video clip downloaded from the web.
post #236 of 1052
Well I just updated my old Samusung 67" 750 series to 3D, all I'm waiting for now are the xpand glasses.

I'm glad atleast there is OFFICIALLY about one B3D a month the rest of the year.

Monster House Sept
Grand Canyon Oct
Toy Story 3 Nov
Christmas Carol mid Nov

I think that will atleast be enough to hold me over til next year. And I know we are all starved guys, but don't worry. You'll be seeing alot of new B3D movies coming out as next year starts to roll around. I too hate the stupid exclusivity stuff. And the fact that Avatar will prob be exclusive for 8 months or more. But just be happy with what we got and know that more is coming, VERY SOON.
post #237 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post

Well I just updated my old Samusung 67" 750 series to 3D, all I'm waiting for now are the xpand glasses.

I'm glad atleast there is OFFICIALLY about one B3D a month the rest of the year.

Monster House Sept
Grand Canyon Oct
Toy Story 3 Nov
Christmas Carol mid Nov

I think that will atleast be enough to hold me over til next year. And I know we are all starved guys, but don't worry. You'll be seeing alot of new B3D movies coming out as next year starts to roll around. I too hate the stupid exclusivity stuff. And the fact that Avatar will prob be exclusive for 8 months or more. But just be happy with what we got and know that more is coming, VERY SOON.

I know each of the above could previously be pre-ordered on Amazon except Toy Story 3. Is it now available for pre-order too?
post #238 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthTV View Post

I know each of the above could previously be pre-ordered on Amazon except Toy Story 3. Is it now available for pre-order too?

I thought this was NOT 3D at first but Lee lists the "4-disc" as 3DBD here so.

http://www.amazon.com/Story-Four-Dis...2303160&sr=8-1

I'm just gonna buy it day one at Best Buy like I do all my blurays. Make sure to confirm 3D before you order.


Hey, does anyone know where I can view info (maybe box art) of Grand Canyon Adventure 3D by Imax for Bluray? Amazon just lists a 2D version already available when I search. I just want a place to confirm the release. And maybe see the box art.
post #239 of 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teremei View Post

I thought this was NOT 3D at first but Lee lists the "4-disc" as 3DBD here so.

http://www.amazon.com/Story-Four-Dis...2303160&sr=8-1

I'm just gonna buy it day one at Best Buy like I do all my blurays. Make sure to confirm 3D before you order.


Hey, does anyone know where I can view info (maybe box art) of Grand Canyon Adventure 3D by Imax for Bluray? Amazon just lists a 2D version already available when I search. I just want a place to confirm the release. And maybe see the box art.

I'm pretty confident that is not a Bluray 3D release. The standalone blu-ray release is a 2-disc set as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Toy-Story-Blu-.../ref=pd_cp_d_1
post #240 of 1052
ok so then Toy Story 3 and Imax: Grand Canyon aren't available for pre order yet? Cause the only ones of those 4 I can find are Monster House 3D and Christmas Carol 3D.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Content
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › The Official AVS 3D Blu-ray Release Schedule