ok so i know i'e only had the tv for a few days now (like 3) but here are my first impressions...
edit *no issues working with my other equipm't (pio avr, ps3, wii, dtv hd box) all seems to be working great via hdmi* aside fro wii that is...480p
1. excellent colors
. in my experience, lgs usually rank high in this area.
2. decent off angle, worlds better than lcd.
3. nice slim bezel and and not that heavy at 68lbs w/ stand, maybe 15-20lbs heavier than the 46" sammy it replaced.
4. comparing to what i've seen on other hdtvs, this tv has really good pq.
5. good and responsive remote. is backlit at the press of a button which i think is great for dark room watching.
6. plenty of pq tweaks that can be made and really lets you customize to your liking...now onto the bad (aside from the inherent plasma tech issues)
now, a few of these issues could have been prevented by lg via qc.
1. some ir but goes away pretty quickly after running the ir tools in the menu.
2. (the major problem
) i have about 7-8 dead/stuck pixels, 2 i noticed immediately ootb, the rest seem to be popping up like its a party or something
. there is also something on the inside of the glass, not a dead pixel for sure but its the length of about 2-3 pixels vertically, like a smudge or speck of something. really close to swapping for another (bought from amazon) but dont wanna have the same issues with the next
3. i'm running break in slides but another issue is my screen uniformity, its a lot better than an lcd for sure but on screens with solids colors (black/gray/dim colors for instance) there seems to be an uneveness across the screen.
there is buzz but mostly during all white or bright colors, when the screen is dim or on darker scenes its hardly noticable, especially with my system playing at 35db or higher.
these are the three main issues, i dont mind the reflectiveness b/c thats to be expected with glass lol plus my living has blinds and curtains/drapes so i can really get it dark in the daytime if need be.
if anyone else has an opinion on what i should do then by all means please chime in lol also, are there any others noticing any of these problems, especially the screen uniformity?
thanks to everyone for providing info on this thread as a whole
this really is a great tv but a few issues that could be corrected are holding it back imo.