or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › The Official AVS 3D Film (First Run In Theaters) Topic!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official AVS 3D Film (First Run In Theaters) Topic! - Page 22

post #631 of 644
I just read up on it, and Gravity is apparently going to have quite a lot of CG. The only thing I'm worried about is the reflections in their space helmets and other transparencies that never seem to get converted properly.
post #632 of 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post

I just read up on it, and Gravity is apparently going to have quite a lot of CG. The only thing I'm worried about is the reflections in their space helmets and other transparencies that never seem to get converted properly.
Is that really a good reason though? Obviously, I have no idea what the actual storyboard entails, but if they are doing 10-minute takes with emotional close-ups of actor's faces in space helmets, then I would think native 3D would be almost necessary and wouldn't be too challenging to shoot either. I'm going to remain a little skeptical until I see a preview.
post #633 of 644
I guess they're green-screening a lot of the sets because they would be really expensive to build physically.

http://marketsaw.blogspot.com/2011/04/gravity-starts-production-in-may.html#.UXmaj6M8n6o
post #634 of 644
Maybe they can use CGI helmets or CGI visors, and any facial conversion oddities won't be as noticeable.
post #635 of 644
Agreed. Plus if the environments are mostly CG, most of the reflections can be too I guess smile.gif
post #636 of 644
They're shooting X-Men in native 3D! It's so rare for a big-budget action movie.

https://twitter.com/BryanSinger/status/331854337351487488/photo/1

Also, since my last post was about Gravity, it's worth mentioning that there will be a trailer soon...
post #637 of 644
I wonder if X-Men will be HFR too.

And yeah, I think I might want to see Gravity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufsrgE0BYf0

eek.gif
post #638 of 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefoo View Post

They're shooting X-Men in native 3D! It's so rare for a big-budget action movie.

https://twitter.com/BryanSinger/status/331854337351487488/photo/1

Also, since my last post was about Gravity, it's worth mentioning that there will be a trailer soon...

Possibly 4K Red 3D cameras like "Gatsby"?
post #639 of 644
Wizard of Oz 3D has a release window, September, and will be in theaters for just one week, looks like.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Wizard-Oz-Return-Theaters-3D-IMAX-Fall-37864.html
post #640 of 644
Lee- You have Deep Gold 3D listed as ??. According to your IMDB search you claim you don't have any info on how the movie was made. I just got a copy of this and it is pretty good 3D quality. But there is no listed credit in the move for 3D at all. In the "Making of" special features there are plenty of shots of the equipment being used and no where do they show any twin camera systems being used. One should therefore assume this was a 3D conversion movie.
post #641 of 644
Anybody keeping this up to date?
post #642 of 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerbear View Post

Anybody keeping this up to date?

This appears to be the best list available. Note they also list 3D films that are not shown in 3D in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_3D_films
post #643 of 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by threed123 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerbear View Post

Anybody keeping this up to date?

This appears to be the best list available. Note they also list 3D films that are not shown in 3D in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_3D_films

 

For an overall list of films coming up, including whether or not they are "real" or "fake", I like this list:

 

http://realorfake3d.com/

post #644 of 644
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: 3D Content
AVS › AVS Forum › 3D Central › 3D Content › The Official AVS 3D Film (First Run In Theaters) Topic!