I've jjust worked through a nightmare with the samsung allshare software and several other DLNA servers. Around December 16th an update became available for the software (new version 18.104.22.16823_8). I installed the update and it's been crap ever since.
Basically, the biggest problem was that the program wanted to scan "my pictures" and "my music" folders. Well, there's a LOT of files in those folders and it was taking a LONG time to scan them. I let it run for close to 24 hours and it had scanned about 50,000 of the 110,000 files in those folders. I couldn't remove those folders from Allshare's list. I also couldn't add any others.
What i finally ended up doing to fix it was to find an older version of the software (22.214.171.12472_11) at Mediafire
I uninstalled the current version, deleted temporary files using disk cleanup (probably not necessary) and re-booted. Then i installed the old version. When the program started it tried to scan my pictures and music, but i was able to go into the settings and add the folder where my videos are (I:\\TV) and I also changed all the other folder references to I:\\TV just to be safe. Then it scanned only the files in that folder (about 300 of them) and now works fine.