What's this? run3D: 3D motion analysis clinic for runners? Or you just mean "All I want to do is run 3D movies" ("r" in lower case, "D" in upper case, a word space between "run" and "3D")? Assuming it's the latter, what you need are:
- A graphics card supporting MVC and HDMI 1.4a 3D video output (see this chart)
- Latest graphics driver
- BR optical drive (there is no "3D" optical drive, any BD drive works.)
- PowerDVD or TMT (or WinDVD). WMC internal player does not support BR 3D. You have to launch one of them as an external player from within a movie organizer (Movie Library with Mikinho plug-in, Media Browser, My Movies etc.).
- AnyDVD HD: to rip BR 3D as an ISO if you want to store them in HDD
- HDMI 1.4a 3D display (projector, plasma, LCD etc.) with active or passive 3D glasses depending on each display
As for NVIDIA, you will need to enable "Stereoscopic 3D" in NVIDIA Control Center. For AMD and Intel, 3D is automatic.
So you don't have to upgrade the entire system (there won't be any performance increase in video playback), just add a good discrete card and a BD drive.