or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › FAQ for the 3D HTPC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FAQ for the 3D HTPC - Page 25

post #721 of 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalawod View Post

I'll just post this same info over on the Cyberlink website and see what I can come up with.

Cyberlink is powerdvd you mean Arcsoft right?
post #722 of 1485
have a samsung c8000 3d plasma tv. which video card will support my needs?

gt430 seems pretty good for what I do, strictly movies

i have the choice between

asus 430 1gb
zotec 430 1gb
evga 430 1gb
post #723 of 1485
splurged for the evga gtx550i. hope it was worth it.

what a PITA cramming the evga gtx550ti in this silverstone lc13 case with 4 hd's and bluray. had to get very creative.
post #724 of 1485
meh...

after i choose HD 3d resolution in the nvidia area it gives me 1920x1080p@23hz and the tv recognizes this. only issue is, the blacks have a rolling fuzzy look to them. so i switched to HD res 1920x1080p@60hz and have overscan. so i go in to adjust the slides in the nvidia area and after one attempt the arrow screen never comes back right, it looks like this:

post #725 of 1485
To fix the overscan on a Samsung change the display/aspect setting (there's a button for it on remote) from 16 x 9 to fit to screen (or some such similar name). That worked for me. No messing with sliders etc in NV control panel.
post #726 of 1485
had to change it to pc. someone else pointed that out.

my question now is, 1920x1080@60 looks fantastic.
1920x1080@23.xxx looks like constant static throughout the color spectrum. all the solid colors are there but within them is a bunch of "noise" or "static"
post #727 of 1485
That would be because it's in 3D mode. If you turn 3D off on the NV control panel it will disappear. If it's bothering you when watching 3D movies then it means you're sitting too close to the TV.
post #728 of 1485
I find myself torn between the i5-2120 (hd graphics 2000), 2400, 2400S.. and then the 2500K with hd graphics 3000..

This is for HTPC use, 3d bluray via TMT v5.. the HTPC will also do transcoding of video streams which on my i3-540 crawls if trying to do heavy transcoding (dvblink network streaming pack for the 1212 hd pvr).. i'm guessing any of these 2100 and up should perform much better than the i3-540 in terms of video processing for streaming content..

Any reason to go for one or the other.. thinking at least 2400 and up.

My current set is the hlt-6187S, so i know my existing i3-540 would work fine just with glasses.. but i'm trying to somewhat future proof in case i switch to a newer 1.4a 3d set and gain performance on the video stream issue.
post #729 of 1485
I am trying to play my ripped 3d bluray stored in hard drive, but get the message stating my 3d player is not connected to a 3d display. I have the ATI 6850 and TMT5. The TV is LG's new passive 3d 55LW5600, which is not on ATI's supported list yet. Do I absolutely need the TV to be on ATI's supported list in order to get it work?
post #730 of 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh87 View Post

I am trying to play my ripped 3d bluray stored in hard drive, but get the message stating my 3d player is not connected to a 3d display. I have the ATI 6850 and TMT5. The TV is LG's new passive 3d 55LW5600, which is not on ATI's supported list yet. Do I absolutely need the TV to be on ATI's supported list in order to get it work?

Im not sure if you have both powerdvd and TMT5 installed but if so, there have been some reported issues when both are present. Also, are you on 32 bit or 64 bit Windows 7?

This reg hack may help you, I am reposting this from another forum, not my hack but it worked on my machine, with an unsupported projector and ATI 6950 card....

-Run regedit
-browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\ControlSet001\\Control\\Class\\{ 4D36E 968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\\

- In that folder there are several numbered 'instances' (0001,0002,0003,0004,etc) - might only be 1, might be 10 - depends on how much you fiddle with your video config

ONE of those is your current card/display, and that one must be edited.
-In each instance, add a DWORD (32 bit) (right-click on the right pane, click add, select dword). Name the dword DALForceStereoSupport

-Set the value to 1


-Once all the instances are set up, reboot your computer and check the iz3d diagnostics again, now it should say 'Surface Format AQBS: Supported' (I think that's the exact name of the line in the iz3d diagnostic)
post #731 of 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclejim View Post

Im not sure if you have both powerdvd and TMT5 installed but if so, there have been some reported issues when both are present. Also, are you on 32 bit or 64 bit Windows 7?


Thanks for the reply. I will try it tonight. By the way I am still using window XP professional 32bit. Do I need windows 7 for 3d?
post #732 of 1485
Hi guys,.
i just ordered a GT720 3d projector its both d3xl link and nvidea vision ready.
, and i have a few questions before i go buy more stuff for the 3D viewing ...**
Im only asking for Blu rays 3D, NOT into gaming nor will i ever play it so only questions towards 3D blu rays....


1. i have a PC whit a AMD HD6870, core i5, ect ect What do i need "more" to
Get 3D Blu ray to play on my PJ GT720



2. Playback blu rays from the pc, on HDMI or Dvi cable, as my AMD card is a 1.4a HDMI card ???


Thanks a lot guys
post #733 of 1485
Anyone have any advice on how to sort lip-sync?

I have a GT430 direct to my TV and the motherboard on-borad HDMI to my receiver (quite old - HDMI 1.2) for the audio.

Seems to drift throughout films - briefly pausing it seems to make it a little better, but it's never right.

TIA
post #734 of 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh87 View Post


Thanks for the reply. I will try it tonight. By the way I am still using window XP professional 32bit. Do I need windows 7 for 3d?

Sorry not sure on the xp question but I think ive seen others doing 3d on xp anecdotally..
post #735 of 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post

Anyone have any advice on how to sort lip-sync?

I have a GT430 direct to my TV and the motherboard on-borad HDMI to my receiver (quite old - HDMI 1.2) for the audio.

Seems to drift throughout films - briefly pausing it seems to make it a little better, but it's never right.

TIA

Your using two different graphics. Try a dvi to hdmi to the tv and hdmi from the 430 to your receiver. Or vice versa but I would try to avoid using the onboard hdmi. You can get audio from dvi to hdmi.
post #736 of 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post

Your using two different graphics. Try a dvi to hdmi to the tv and hdmi from the 430 to your receiver. Or vice versa but I would try to avoid using the onboard hdmi. You can get audio from dvi to hdmi.

Sorry, turns out I was mistaken. I actually am using the 430 for both. DVI->HDMI to my receiver and HDMI 1.4 to my TV.

I think I disabled the other graphics card in the BIOS.
post #737 of 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post

Sorry, turns out I was mistaken. I actually am using the 430 for both. DVI->HDMI to my receiver and HDMI 1.4 to my TV.

I think I disabled the other graphics card in the BIOS.

Ok nevermind then.
post #738 of 1485
I COULD'NT GET THE 3D EFFECT ON THE JVC PROJECTOR RS40/X3 WHEN PLAYING A 3D BLURAY MOVIE WITH MY HTPC BLURAY DRIVE AND POWER DVD 11 PLAYER SOFTWARE.(USING JVC GLASSES AND EMITTER).THE 2D MOVIE MODE IS OK.
BLURAY DRIVE:SAMSUNG SH-BO83L
GPU:AMD SAPPHIRE HD 6790 WITH HDMI 1.4A
PROCESSOR:INTEL i5 2500 3,33GHZ 4 GB MEMORY
WHAT COULD BE WRONG? HOW THE SETTING MUST BE?
THANK YOU
post #739 of 1485
Hi

Hi my HTPC has a nvidia 430gt card installed and is running 3D to my samsung plasma using TMT5

Now... Can i purchase a nvidia 3d vision kit and a Acer h5360 and get the following up and running.

Blu-Ray 3D to projector
SBS 3D to projektor

And in 24Hz ???

The projektor accepts 24Hz as I can read.
post #740 of 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8redv2 View Post

Hi

Hi my HTPC has a nvidia 430gt card installed and is running 3D to my samsung plasma using TMT5

Now... Can i purchase a nvidia 3d vision kit and a Acer h5360 and get the following up and running.

Blu-Ray 3D to projector
SBS 3D to projektor

And in 24Hz ???

The projektor accepts 24Hz as I can read.

Those 3D ready DLP PJs only accept 120 Hz/720p...
post #741 of 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8redv2 View Post

Hi

Hi my HTPC has a nvidia 430gt card installed and is running 3D to my samsung plasma using TMT5

Now... Can i purchase a nvidia 3d vision kit and a Acer h5360 and get the following up and running.

Blu-Ray 3D to projector
SBS 3D to projektor

And in 24Hz ???

The projektor accepts 24Hz as I can read.

Aren't the NVIDIA 3d vision kits just for 3d video games? I know with my setup all I need is a bluraydrive and tmt5 w/ 3d monitor and glasses.
post #742 of 1485
Hi guys!
I have a pretty good system to play 3D, but it is stuttering. I dont know why.
Only problem is 3D blu-ray. 2D is perfect and ok.

My system:

Intel Core Quad Q6600
Motherboard Asus P5K Premium Wi-Fi Black Pearl
2gb Ram DDR2 1066 Corsair Dominator
Geforce GT 430 (bitstream HD audio to my Onkyo 6300 HDMi 1.4)
My TV is Sony 46HX800 3D Led, HDMi 1.4 also.
Blu-ray drive is a Pioneer BDR-206.
Software I use two: PowerDVD 11 and TmT 5.

Any tips?

My hard drive read like crazy when playing a 3D blu-ray disc.

Update1:
Stuttering is kind like a heart-beat. Is not random stutter. Heart beat stutter.
I was testing, it isnt bandwidth problem. Cos I changed DTS-Hd sound to DTS and exactly same issue stands. Seems some windows or nvidia driver configuration problem.

Update2:
I uninstalled Geforce drivers and installed a new one beta. Now I can choose 23 and 24hz. Before only 23 hz.
24 hz is better, but still stuttering a little, less.

Thanks!
post #743 of 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRush View Post

Hi guys!
I have a pretty good system to play 3D, but it is stuttering. I dont know why.
Only problem is 3D blu-ray. 2D is perfect and ok.

My system:

Intel Core Quad Q6600
Motherboard Asus P5K Premium Wi-Fi Black Pearl
2gb Ram DDR2 1066 Corsair Dominator
Geforce GT 430 (bitstream HD audio to my Onkyo 6300 HDMi 1.4)
My TV is Sony 46HX800 3D Led, HDMi 1.4 also.
Blu-ray drive is a Pioneer BDR-206.
Software I use two: PowerDVD 11 and TmT 5.

Any tips?

My hard drive read like crazy when playing a 3D blu-ray disc.

Update1:
Stuttering is kind like a heart-beat. Is not random stutter. Heart beat stutter.
I was testing, it isnt bandwidth problem. Cos I changed DTS-Hd sound to DTS and exactly same issue stands. Seems some windows or nvidia driver configuration problem.

Update2:
I uninstalled Geforce drivers and installed a new one beta. Now I can choose 23 and 24hz. Before only 23 hz.
24 hz is better, but still stuttering a little, less.

Thanks!

Sounds like you are experiencing disk swapping due to low memory, are you on windows 7 64 or 32 by chance ? Also how is your CPU usage during 3d playback
post #744 of 1485
Hi, I just connected my HTPC ( has a Radeon 6850 ) to my new Viera VT30 3D TV.

3D Works perfectly from TMT5 as long as I lauch it manually from windows desktop. If I lauch TMT5 from Windows Media Center, it looks like TMT5 is showing the 3D like if I was using red/blue glasses.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks!
post #745 of 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclejim View Post

Sounds like you are experiencing disk swapping due to low memory, are you on windows 7 64 or 32 by chance ? Also how is your CPU usage during 3d playback

I am using Win 7 64.
My CPU usage is 15% or 20%.
Very strange... I dont know why. On my Ps3 the playback is hugely more smooth.
post #746 of 1485
Ive just got my htpc set up with TMT5 using an Nvidia GT430. It seems that TMT5 does not automatically switch to 3D mode when its playing 3D material - I have to select it in the Nvidia control panel first. Is this correct? Does this mean that when I play a 2D film I have to switch it off in the control panel? Thanks for any help
post #747 of 1485
I have a GT430 with TMT5 and it does switch automatically.
post #748 of 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post

I have a GT430 with TMT5 and it does switch automatically.

OK, not sure what I'm doing wrong - so yours can switch between 1080P24 and 1080P24-3D?
post #749 of 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmarsden View Post

OK, not sure what I'm doing wrong - so yours can switch between 1080P24 and 1080P24-3D?

I don´t think you are doing anything wrong.

I have to switch on 3d vision for the auto switch to 3D 24Hz
And off for regular HD 24Hz, this also disables auto switch to 24Hz

The reason for the 3D autoswitch to 24 Hz, is because it´s demanded by the blu-ray.

It´s not demanded that you watch regular blu-rays in 24Hz, you can do 60 Hz if you want to, with pull down and all...
post #750 of 1485
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmarsden View Post

OK, not sure what I'm doing wrong - so yours can switch between 1080P24 and 1080P24-3D?

Not sure, I leave mine on 1080p60 the rest of the time. When I launch a 3D Blu-ray it switches to 24p3D, and stays on 60Hz for a 2D Blu-ray.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Home Theater Computers
AVS › AVS Forum › Video Components › Home Theater Computers › FAQ for the 3D HTPC