or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Samsung PNxxC6500, PNxxC7000, and PNxxC8000 Owner's Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Samsung PNxxC6500, PNxxC7000, and PNxxC8000 Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 256

post #7651 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Stieg View Post

Was just curious if the C series is known to suffer from the same brightness pops as the D series?

neither my 50C7000 or 58C8000 have any brightness pops


Warren
post #7652 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran View Post

I googled around and found this deal too... for those who already have the Shrek pack and might want the How to Train Your Dragon/IMAX pack... $49.95 at gakzoom dot com Samsung SSG-P2100X. Seems to be new in box...
http://www.gakzoom.com/Samsung-SSG-P...n_p_22992.html

Thanks for posting that. I just ordered from them. If you "like" them on the Facebook, you get a coupon code FACE10 for an additional 10% off.
post #7653 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieras View Post

no worries - brought a smile to my face!

I just got off the phone with Samsung. I will get a new panel next Tuesday.
BTW, I'm in Buffalo Grove. I see that you are not far.
Thanks for the replay.
post #7654 of 7930
wow- BG - was just there sat nite for the Deerfield vs HP high school hockey game!
got my tv back yesterday from ABT - new panel. looks great. i use dynamic and the first tech said not to- but i love that look, esp for hockey. i have 2 yr extended warranty so i'll keep on dynamic for 2 years at least! good luck with your set too
post #7655 of 7930
Hi Everyone,
Count me in for the dreaded Pink/Purple band issue. Mine is about 13 months old. i had the extended 3 month warranty. The repair guy came last night. He just went into the service menu & pulled up the gray screen & BAM there it was in all its glory, the big flickering purple band. I am also getting a new panel ordered. He gave the speech how I shouldnt have the cell light up high & plasma burn in. He also said I should do the screen burn-in protector scroll tool often. Hey, Im in Hoffman Estates, also close to some of you. Lets keep everyone posted. Im just not sure this will solve the problem.
post #7656 of 7930
bonzo- looks like we have our own chicago burb thing going. i was told not to use dynamic and to do the burn in tool weekly-- i'll try to remember the burn in tool- was not doing that but i don't see that related to the banding
post #7657 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post

yes...mine shipped and should be delivered tomorrow

I notice they have the newer package( with the bluetooth glasses) for 2011 models as well...for just a bit more $$

But still a great deal...I am tempted to order another

It may be they have a mountain of leftovers they are trying to get rid of


Warren

Or... maybe not! I just got an email stating that they received several orders and only had one in stock and my order was placed before their web site updated. Whatever... it's not like I was aching for more glasses. I might pick up the How to Train Your Dragon pair for $50 though. That's just plain cheap!
post #7658 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig9r View Post

Thanks for posting that. I just ordered from them. If you "like" them on the Facebook, you get a coupon code FACE10 for an additional 10% off.

Thanks back at you for posting that! Didn't even have to like them on FB... just put in that coupon code and got $5.00 off... which was nice considering shipping was $10.
post #7659 of 7930
Talked to Samsung Wednesday night and was about 6 months out of warranty. I too had the pink box/banding issue(Really noticeable when I played NHL 12 on PS3) The tech called and I sent him photos of the problem. He said they are ordering a new panel and is scheduled to come out next Thursday.

Are then just replacing the innerds or is it a new TV?
post #7660 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran View Post

Or... maybe not! I just got an email stating that they received several orders and only had one in stock and my order was placed before their web site updated. Whatever... it's not like I was aching for more glasses. I might pick up the How to Train Your Dragon pair for $50 though. That's just plain cheap!

mine arrived today....

you could order the other package they had...for the 2011 TV''s

it has 4-5 movies...and then sell the glasses

Unless you plan on buying a 2011 Samsung TV


Warren
post #7661 of 7930
Is the 6500 a good buy or should I wait until the 2012s come out
post #7662 of 7930
Well I called Samsung last week, and they extended my warranty for this repair. I had a tech come out today and verify it is the panel. He will be back to install next week.

He said he sees like 2-3 of these a day. Not very comforting.

Going to be a pain in the ass getting this thing down.
post #7663 of 7930
Where did you buy it from? I got so fed up with my Samsung Plasma that I got Best Buy to take it back for full credit and ended up with a VT-30.
post #7664 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran View Post

Thanks back at you for posting that! Didn't even have to like them on FB... just put in that coupon code and got $5.00 off... which was nice considering shipping was $10.

Beware of Gakzoom. I placed my order over 10 days ago and nothing. They say it should ship same day and I will get an email confirmation. Nothing yet. Called them several times throughout the day and only get an answering maching. No response to emails. I looked their address up on Google maps and it is a residential home.
post #7665 of 7930
I placed an order as well. Haven't gotten any response from them, they did charge my credit card. Not happy about this, I should have known better.
post #7666 of 7930
Same situation here. I haven't checked if they've charged my card yet, but I have not heard anything from them. :-(
post #7667 of 7930
I have the dreaded pink banding on my PN58C8000. I have a couple questions for those of you that have dealt with this. Do you just start a service claim via the Samsung site, or over the phone? I'm quite far past my factory warranty, even with the 3 month extension. So fingers crossed if they will extend mine, or not. Thanks for any first hand tips, and feel free to PM me. Once I get this started, I'll keep everyone posted.
post #7668 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronicTonic View Post

I have the dreaded pink banding on my PN58C8000. I have a couple questions for those of you that have dealt with this. Do you just start a service claim via the Samsung site, or over the phone? I'm quite far past my factory warranty, even with the 3 month extension. So fingers crossed if they will extend mine, or not. Thanks for any first hand tips, and feel free to PM me. Once I get this started, I'll keep everyone posted.

I'm in the same exact situation. 4 months out of warranty and the banding issue just popped up yesterday on my pn50c8000. Can anyone that had this fixed out of warranty explain what process you went through?
post #7669 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardMilk View Post

I'm in the same exact situation. 4 months out of warranty and the banding issue just popped up yesterday on my pn50c8000. Can anyone that had this fixed out of warranty explain what process you went through?

So I just got off the phone with them. I told them my issue, they had to go through some basic steps. I mentioned that this is a wide spread issue, and that people are getting their warranties extended. He had to put me on hold, and talk to his supervisor. He then came back on, and said that they would extend my warranty. A tech is going to call in the next 2 days to set up an appointment. In the mean time I have to get this beast off the wall.
post #7670 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig9r View Post

Beware of Gakzoom. I placed my order over 10 days ago and nothing. They say it should ship same day and I will get an email confirmation. Nothing yet. Called them several times throughout the day and only get an answering maching. No response to emails. I looked their address up on Google maps and it is a residential home.

So today I received an email from Gakzoom:
Quote:


This email is a notification that your order is processing. Please contact us if you have any questions about your order.

Thanks for using GakZoom.com.
Order Information Additional Information

And another identical one 2 minutes later. Weird. We'll see... maybe they will come through after all!
post #7671 of 7930
I got the same thing yesterday. They charged my card the day I ordered. They haven't responded to my email or the voice message I left. I have tried calling at different times during the day and no one ever answers.
post #7672 of 7930
I got two emails within two minutes yesterday. I tried to cancel 3 days ago, and disputed the charges 2 days ago. I figured I would dispute the charges as I already on the line with my credit card company because someone bought a PS3 with my credit card from Best Buy around lunch that day and was having it shipped to my house under a different email address. Thank goodness for email alerts. Rather coincidental that shortly after I give gakzoom my credit card and shipping info this happens.

I would check your credit card statements just in case.
post #7673 of 7930
screen will not light up. Is there a reset or fuse? I hope it's just a board and not the panel!
post #7674 of 7930
I've been having issues with my set (pn63C7000). I get loud popping noises (loud, annoying "popcorn like") through the speakers. Ruled out receiver and/or plugged in devices (unplugged everything). Sound comes in when I turn on the unit or when a device is plugged in and its turned on.
post #7675 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronicTonic View Post

I have the dreaded pink banding on my PN58C8000. I have a couple questions for those of you that have dealt with this. Do you just start a service claim via the Samsung site, or over the phone? I'm quite far past my factory warranty, even with the 3 month extension. So fingers crossed if they will extend mine, or not. Thanks for any first hand tips, and feel free to PM me. Once I get this started, I'll keep everyone posted.

I just got my panel replaced. So far, it looks a lot better. I'll keep this thread updated if something changes. I'm going to calibrate it soon, so I can see if there are differences in the data.
post #7676 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhil View Post

I placed an order as well. Haven't gotten any response from them, they did charge my credit card. Not happy about this, I should have known better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieran View Post

Same situation here. I haven't checked if they've charged my card yet, but I have not heard anything from them. :-(

Got an email that they cancelled my order. It was about 15 mins after I posted something on their facebook page. I am afraid it was too good to be true. Gakzoom dot com is a scam.

Here is what the comments section stated:

Quote:
As stated before this is not available. Sorry. A refund was issued on your account. Thank You, Gakzoom Service

Never got a notice that it was unavailable. It still shows "in stock" on their site.
post #7677 of 7930
The repairman said the small chip created by me dropping a small wrench on the table that jumped up and hit the screen caused the plasma gas to leak out and toasted the set. And, it's not paid for! What a bummer!

On any new technology, I recommend buying the warranty.
post #7678 of 7930
Hi All,
I understand that 1080p blu-ray discs can only be created using the following frame rates: 24p, 30i, or 60i.
And since my TV provider's HD service doesn't do 60p, I don't think my PNxxC6500 TV has ever had a 60p signal. Unless Xbox outputs 60p?

In any case, is this TV capable of displaying 60p at 1920x1080?

Main reason that I ask is because I'm interested in getting HD camcorder that can record at that setting (Panasonic HDC-TM900) and I would like to watch the native footage on my TV (presumably via my blu-ray network media streaming).
Thanks!
post #7679 of 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyPoutine View Post

Hi All,
I understand that 1080p blu-ray discs can only be created using the following frame rates: 24p, 30i, or 60i.
And since my TV provider's HD service doesn't do 60p, I don't think my PNxxC6500 TV has ever had a 60p signal. Unless Xbox outputs 60p?

In any case, is this TV capable of displaying 60p at 1920x1080?

Main reason that I ask is because I'm interested in getting HD camcorder that can record at that setting (Panasonic HDC-TM900) and I would like to watch the native footage on my TV (presumably via my blu-ray network media streaming).
Thanks!

Yes it can, as long as the source is 60Hz. I have my receiver outputting 1080p 60Hz, and it works great. The tv will display "1920x1080 @60Hz".
post #7680 of 7930
Add me to the pink band club--I called Samsung and explained the situation to them, including the fact that I knew that my display was a few weeks past the 15 month warranty (12 months plus 3 more for registering my display online); the lady who answered my call did not hesitate to grant me another 3-month extension so any repairs that may need to be done will be at no additional charge. She also did give me the number to call in case I was interested in purchasing their extended warranty plan--anyone here take advantage of that?

Now I'm just hoping that they will be able to fix the pink band issue; from what I've read so far, the fix seems to be hit or miss...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Plasma Flat Panel Displays
AVS › AVS Forum › Display Devices › Plasma Flat Panel Displays › The Official Samsung PNxxC6500, PNxxC7000, and PNxxC8000 Owner's Discussion Thread