or Connect
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › Logitech Squeezebox Touch Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Logitech Squeezebox Touch Owners Thread - Page 8

post #211 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

It is. That is the point of the USB input.

Ah, well...like I said; not my scene, Gene.

CD
post #212 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

Ah, well...like I said; not my scene, Gene.

CD

Nor is it mine. I prefer to use the USB as an output.
post #213 of 1055
Hey, I've been letting this slide for a while; but what happened to being able to play files out of the "music folder"? This was a nice way to play before re-scanning.

Did SB lose it in an upgrade?

CD
post #214 of 1055
No, still there.
Did you probably not configure a Music Folder but just use iTunes integration?
post #215 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolio107 View Post

No, still there.
Did you probably not configure a Music Folder but just use iTunes integration?

Uh, no; I'm as far away from an iGuy as you can get. And I obviously had it at one point; otherwise, I wouldn't be missing it.

What's the path?

CD
post #216 of 1055
Settings->General->Music Folder
post #217 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolio107 View Post

Settings->General->Music Folder

Coolio, you must be misunderstanding I'm not trying to set-up a music folder; my god, without one I couldn't play music.

I used to be able to play directly from the music folder. In other words, even before I scanned new music, I could just go right into the folder structure and play a file directly. Can't seem to find that anymore.

EDIT- Nevermind; did an update and it's back.

CD
post #218 of 1055
OK, yes, I did indeed misunderstand it.
The usual reason for not having that "Music Folder" browse option is that you haven't set up a music folder.
There are several ways you can operate an SBS without defining a music folder, the most common one being iTunes but MusicIP integration can do the same (if you use MIP as a source instead of a tagging service).
post #219 of 1055
Rhapsody is acting up right now. Try to stream, is says connecting...buffering...playing...but then just hangs. Then it shuts off, reboots...and when it comes back up gives you all the Rhapsody connection errors. Ridiculous!

I tell ya, I LOVE SB...so I give it the benefit of the doubt...but I've found the Touch to be buggy as hell. Under My Apps...half the time I get the App icons, other times I don't. When I started out, I had the "music folder" option...then didn't; than an update, and I did again.

When I'm first connecting to Rhapsody, and I start an album...it'll usually have trouble connecting, and skip like the first 5 (or sometimes it takes a whole album...or a couple of attempts) tracks...until it starts playing; and at that point, it picks up with like track 6, so you have to go back and start the album over again. And now this.

I swear; I love it, like I said...but one of these days I'm going to have had enough, and I'll go over to the dark-side (the S-word)

CD
post #220 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

Rhapsody is acting up right now. Try to stream, is says connecting...buffering...playing...but then just hangs. Then it shuts off, reboots...and when it comes back up gives you all the Rhapsody connection errors. Ridiculous!

I tell ya, I LOVE SB...so I give it the benefit of the doubt...but I've found the Touch to be buggy as hell. Under My Apps...half the time I get the App icons, other times I don't. When I started out, I had the "music folder" option...then didn't; than an update, and I did again.

When I'm first connecting to Rhapsody, and I start an album...it'll usually have trouble connecting, and skip like the first 5 (or sometimes it takes a whole album...or a couple of attempts) tracks...until it starts playing; and at that point, it picks up with like track 6, so you have to go back and start the album over again. And now this.

I swear; I love it, like I said...but one of these days I'm going to have had enough, and I'll go over to the dark-side (the S-word)

CD

Seriously; what's that website?

Man, when the Rhapsody hangs, it also kills my local files! So I hard-boot the whole thing (man, do I love getting up and pulling the power from a streaming appliance), at least get the local files working again...you know, so I can whatcha call it...listen to MUSIC!

So I'm going along Ok for a while, and I decide to give the Rhapsody a try again. I was encouraged at first, because it did that "skipping" thing that it always seems to do; "connecting to stream", skips track 1..."connecting to stream", skips track 2. All the way up to track 13, and then it "grabs"; buffering, playing 13 of 15...gives me the time of the track, and then just sits there! WTF!!

Why track 13? If it really isn't working, why did it "grab" there? I swear, this thing has always been fussy with Rhapsody...and I know, that might be Rhapsody's issue as much as it is SBs; but I don't care who's issue it is...I just want it to work! I listen to Rhapsody about 20-30% of the time (oh, and pay $13/month too).

CD
post #221 of 1055
Rhapsody has been flaky for me this past week and I have a Transporter. Skips songs in playlists and sometimes just stops. It's happened before and mysteriously gets back to normal. I doubt it's your Touch.
post #222 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcemanDallas View Post

Rhapsody has been flaky for me this past week and I have a Transporter. Skips songs in playlists and sometimes just stops. It's happened before and mysteriously gets back to normal. I doubt it's your Touch.

No, I know it's probably not Iceman; but still...judging the SB can't just be about how it performs in a vacuum. How it interacts has got to be factored into it. Even if it's Rhapsody's issue...if it makes listening with SB Server an issue...and say, plays nice with Sonos...that's got to be taken into consideration.

Just pissed; plus, I just read Sonos doesn't support hi-res, so...I'm sparred the darkside for now.

CD
post #223 of 1055
I downloaded some 24/96 FLAC music from HD Tracks but my Bel Canto DAC2 won't play it. I'm using the coax digital out from the Touch to the DAC. Do I need to change a setting or something?

Thanks
post #224 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60SXRD View Post

I downloaded some 24/96 FLAC music from HD Tracks but my Bel Canto DAC2 won't play it. I'm using the coax digital out from the Touch to the DAC. Do I need to change a setting or something?

Thanks

I don't think there's anything to change in SB Server. I'd make sure you're on the latest version.

Maybe your BC DAC2 is having trouble locking on the signal, because of the "bug" of SB Server and hi-res? I know my Peachtree Decco2 still loses the signal, and then has to "re-lock" when switching from playing hi-res to redbook...and back again too (BTW, any word on a fix for this? In my system, it results in an audible "static"...and it's annoying as hell).

This is probably a dumb question, but the DAC2 is a few years old; you're sure it accepts 24/96, right?

CD
post #225 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

This is probably a dumb question, but the DAC2 is a few years old; you're sure it accepts 24/96, right?

CD

The manual says that it can accept 24/96 DAD recordings (whatever that means). See page 4:

http://www.belcantodesign.com/pdfs/UG_DAC2.pdf

Thanks.
post #226 of 1055
Yeah, now I'm starting to get super-pissed. I swear...I'm no noob; I've been using SB for like 5 years now. And I love it, and defend it and all...but when it goes apeshit, it really goes.

Here's the latest; Rhapsody still won't work...and when it hangs, it's hanging everything now. Pandora is sometimes working, sometimes not. When it's hanging, my local files stop playing too; they do exactly the same thing Rhapsody is doing. It'll load the album, meta-data, title, cover-art...everything; then it'll try to "play" a track, and the time-bar says 0 at one end, and the track time at the other...and it just sits and sits there! I swear, I could pick it up and throw it out the f'ing window!

Is there any way to soft "reboot" the machine? Another weird thing; if I go to software update it says I am up to date, but if I want to reinstall 7.5.1 r9009 that I can...and I've been doing that for the reboot to un-freeze things. When I just did it, it downloaded, but rather than installing and rebooting...it just started playing the local file it was stuck on.

Very intuitive. Seriously, if Sonos supported hi-res, I'd have a ZP90 on the way as we speak.

CD
post #227 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

Yeah, now I'm starting to get super-pissed. I swear...I'm no noob; I've been using SB for like 5 years now. And I love it, and defend it and all...but when it goes apeshit, it really goes.

Here's the latest; Rhapsody still won't work...and when it hangs, it's hanging everything now. Pandora is sometimes working, sometimes not. When it's hanging, my local files stop playing too; they do exactly the same thing Rhapsody is doing. It'll load the album, meta-data, title, cover-art...everything; then it'll try to "play" a track, and the time-bar says 0 at one end, and the track time at the other...and it just sits and sits there! I swear, I could pick it up and throw it out the f'ing window!

Is there any way to soft "reboot" the machine? Another weird thing; if I go to software update it says I am up to date, but if I want to reinstall 7.5.1 r9009 that I can...and I've been doing that for the reboot to un-freeze things. When I just did it, it downloaded, but rather than installing and rebooting...it just started playing the local file it was stuck on.

Very intuitive. Seriously, if Sonos supported hi-res, I'd have a ZP90 on the way as we speak.

CD


You're not alone.


dlpoole commented 1 day ago
I am having the same problem with my Squeezebox Radio. Was erratic for a day, then would stream only from a playlist, but not a channel, now has been completely down for two days. Performance is exactly the same as SteelGAS reported.

In addition posting here, I reported the bug on Linksys SB Radio support and today received this response: "Sorry to hear you are having issues with Rhapsody. Rhapsody recently changed the way it streams and the app wasn't updated along with it. Our engineers are working with the app makers to get it working properly. There is also an open Bug 16650 on bugs.slimdevices.com about the issue" ( Delete or Edit)

http://forum.rhapsody.com/rhapsody/t..._10_9_00am_mst

Fortunately for me it's just stopping intermittantly. I just have to push play to get it started again, but it is agravating.
post #228 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcemanDallas View Post

You're not alone.


dlpoole commented 1 day ago
I am having the same problem with my Squeezebox Radio. Was erratic for a day, then would stream only from a playlist, but not a channel, now has been completely down for two days. Performance is exactly the same as SteelGAS reported.

In addition posting here, I reported the bug on Linksys SB Radio support and today received this response: "Sorry to hear you are having issues with Rhapsody. Rhapsody recently changed the way it streams and the app wasn't updated along with it. Our engineers are working with the app makers to get it working properly. There is also an open Bug 16650 on bugs.slimdevices.com about the issue" ( Delete or Edit)

http://forum.rhapsody.com/rhapsody/t..._10_9_00am_mst

Fortunately for me it's just stopping intermittantly. I just have to push play to get it started again, but it is agravating.

Well, that's some comfort; misery loves company I guess. I tire of that answer from Logitech though.

I think when Sonos gets hi-res, I'm going to give it a trial; see how the other half lives.

CD
post #229 of 1055
Looks like a player update; and whether it's a coincidence or not...Rhapsody is back up (for now...and after some weirdness).

CD
post #230 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

Looks like a player update; and whether it's a coincidence or not...Rhapsody is back up (for now...and after some weirdness).

CD

See the Squeezebox forums. It was a Rhapsody issue and, yes, this update was specifically for this.
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...t=83135&page=3
post #231 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

See the Squeezebox forums. It was a Rhapsody issue and, yes, this update was specifically for this.
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...t=83135&page=3

OK, well...kudos to Logitech then. I don't know how long it's been going on (had been listening to mostly local, hi-res stuff lately), but I only experienced it for a few (very frustrating) days, and already they have a patch to fix it. Nicely done; sorry we had a fight hunee.

CD
post #232 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

OK, well...kudos to Logitech then. I don't know how long it's been going on (had been listening to mostly local, hi-res stuff lately), but I only experienced it for a few (very frustrating) days, and already they have a patch to fix it. Nicely done; sorry we had a fight hunee.

CD

You are welcome, Emily Litella.

Please take this a constructive comment. Before you get all hot and bothered on this dedicated thread about SB here on AVS, consult the mothership at the SlimDevices forums and see what the real experts are saying.
post #233 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

You are welcome, Emily Litella.

Please take this a constructive comment. Before you get all hot and bothered on this dedicated thread about SB here on AVS, consult the mothership at the SlimDevices forums and see what the real experts are saying.

Well...take this as constructive as well Kal; I know you are of Stereophile, and the 6-figure system and all...but I don't know how long you've been an SB user. I have been for about 5-6 years now...which means I've been through v2, v3/Classic, Duet, and now Touch.

If I'm "reactionary", maybe it's because us long-term users know it has ALWAYS done this. I've hung in there, and I've earned the right to criticize the one I love; and, after 5+ years of occasional frustration, I'm allowed to vent. SB has ALWAYS had a tenuous relationship with Rhapsody. And yes, I'm savvy enough to know that it may, or maybe even usually, has to do with a change on Rhapsody's end...but IMO, that's irrelevant.

Streaming devices are rated on their synergy with their streaming partners; would you call a device that streamed Netflix a good Netflix streamer, if every time Netflix made a change, it took that device's firmware a week and a patch to start working? I know I wouldn't.

SB and I are back on track, but like I said...once you've dealt with 5 years of Rhapsody outages, then you can tell me to calm down; in all due respect.

CD
post #234 of 1055
But if you want to be fair then you also have to see what happened to Rhapsody in these five years who went from a growing "we want to revolutionize the world" to a consolidating "let's see how we can minimize losses with what we have" service.
I've known a number of people there and all of them have left in frustration.

IMHO this is the evolution curve of music services: They collect venture capital with big idea which actually isn't that new. Then they spend that money on marketing an growth while actually spending _most_ of it on bad terms with the record companies.
Then money runs out and they start to negotiate these contracts and find additional investors which usually means the service starts to be less exciting compared to newer ones who are still on the spending spree.

Other than that, I don't really see _any_ differences between Rhapsody, Napster and Spotify (and yes, I have them all), and don't come with 320kbps mp3s and stuff like that, the quality behind it is all the same in the end.

Rhapsody simply has come pretty far in this evolution so I don't believe that they, too, have a particular legion of people caring for issues, I think they can be happy to at least be still around.
post #235 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

Well...take this as constructive as well Kal; I know you are of Stereophile, and the 6-figure system and all...but I don't know how long you've been an SB user. I have been for about 5-6 years now...which means I've been through v2, v3/Classic, Duet, and now Touch.

If I'm "reactionary", maybe it's because us long-term users know it has ALWAYS done this. I've hung in there, and I've earned the right to criticize the one I love; and, after 5+ years of occasional frustration, I'm allowed to vent. SB has ALWAYS had a tenuous relationship with Rhapsody. And yes, I'm savvy enough to know that it may, or maybe even usually, has to do with a change on Rhapsody's end...but IMO, that's irrelevant.

Streaming devices are rated on their synergy with their streaming partners; would you call a device that streamed Netflix a good Netflix streamer, if every time Netflix made a change, it took that device's firmware a week and a patch to start working? I know I wouldn't.

SB and I are back on track, but like I said...once you've dealt with 5 years of Rhapsody outages, then you can tell me to calm down; in all due respect.

CD

Due notice taken. However, there are effective sites for up-to-date and accurate information about certain topics (and AVS is one for a number of topics). AVS is more of a discussion/talk site than a source for SB info. So, mebbe your rants are really on topic.
post #236 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

Due notice taken. However, there are effective sites for up-to-date and accurate information about certain topics (and AVS is one for a number of topics). AVS is more of a discussion/talk site than a source for SB info. So, mebbe your rants are really on topic.

Yeah, listen; I'm streaming music to SB, Netflix to Roku, video to PopBox, Dune, XBMC. I do it all from an unRAID media-server. If I had to keep on top of all their individual forums...not to mention places like ComputerAudiophile, channels for Roku, plug-ins for XBMC...the 3rd-party GUIs for my streamers...etc, etc...I'd have even fewer time to enjoy them, not to mention the little-woman

I try...as best I can...to use AVS as my one-stop-shop; for technical info, and social commentary/bitchfest rantings. If I'm having trouble with Rhapsody...and someone had already posted about it here; I would have reacted differently. Since I didn't, I raised the concern...and someone schooled me on the fact that it's a known, working issue...just like I would have for them, if I had gleaned it from the mothership site.

To me, that's the very idea and strength of an online community. Since you can't be everywhere, I share what I know...and you do the same for me.

CD
post #237 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

To me, that's the very idea and strength of an online community. Since you can't be everywhere, I share what I know...and you do the same for me.

You know it.
post #238 of 1055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

You know it.

And once again, KR and I come to a peaceful resolution. Gotta chalk that up to Kal being a level-headed guy; as for me...I'm just hoping someday he'll throw some of that reviewers discount my way.

CD
post #239 of 1055
It's Weds, 10:36pm est. Guess what just crashed? You got it; Rhapsody 4 Squueze. Oh well, I really shouldn't bitch; it was a good, whole week.

EDIT- OK, short outage this time. Still, what a PIMA.

CD
post #240 of 1055
And, it's back again. Looks like I'm going to have to join the SB forum after all Kal; I can't live with this.

If it's "fixable", I guess I need to devote even more time to another board; oh joy. If it's not...I gotta find another solution.

I think Sonos has a 30-day trial? I'll put them side-by-side...and when the Touch conks out, I'll try to connect with the ZP. If it works...and I don't experience any trouble with the Sonos for 30 days (which would seem like a miracle by comparison), someone here can raise their hand and claim my Touch.

CD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
AVS › AVS Forum › Gaming & Content Streaming › Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming › Logitech Squeezebox Touch Owners Thread