Here is the problem, both you and I share a 'different' opinion.
You can't and WILL NOT EVER win this battle my friend. I know
and you know that cables and interconnects DO make a difference.
They are SO set on 'Debunking' ANY reason WHY there is ANY difference,
even when many a 'white paper' has been written on the subject (See Audioquest web site)
that I think even if they listened, they would NOT even believe their own ears! Your right,
it IS the 'Righteous Indignation' that 'THEY'
are 100% Correct and 'ANYONE ELSE' is WRONG. That I agree bug's the crap outta me as well.
As someone who's mother was a classically trained musician
and I, 7 years of voice training, you know I can hear differences similar to tube gear vs solid state for example.
So WE and THOUSANDS of other good
Hi-Fi folks are completely off the mark, do not have the ability to hear ANY difference,
'Have drunk the Magic Kool-Aid', 'Buy into the Rubbish', and so on
and BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, 'Science is an Absolute' If I can't hear it, NOBODY else can,
You CAN'T TRUST your own ears, ad nauseum... So just 'Thank-God'
neither one of us have to listen to their systems.
Originally Posted by mjbuoni
Like I said, pennygray, I do respect your dedication to the science of audio. But what I don't respect is your judgment that your point of view is the absolute truth. You seem like a well educated guy, as am I. I believe that for every perception that we have, there is a physical basis for it and something that could be measured to support what our senses tell us. However, I believe that it many cases the instrumentation that is used just isn't accurate enough. You mention that 99% of the battle is speakers and room. Even if that is true, that still leaves 1%, which in terms of the signal is only -20 dB. So next time you are listening to music at 95 dB, turn on 75 dB of noise and see if it makes any difference to you.
I'm not sure how you concluded that I believe electronics is for coloring the signal. I said that electronics "bring out the detail and dynamics that the speakers/room are capable of". What I mean is that better electronics can PRESERVE more of the original waveform, i.e. do not compress or smear the signal at high or low volumes. And some speakers do use so-called "expensive" wire internally. My speakers use Kimber internally, not sure how much of a different that makes, but I do like the end result....